Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Doom may look at Adam as a coward for standing down when JFK asked him to.
    He might. Though as a leader of a nation himself, I'm sure if Doom issued an order to someone in his nation he would expect that person to follow it. So in some ways he might actually be more accepting of someone going along with authority than other characters.

Hard to say honestly. I sort of wish we got more discussion from various characters on Adams decision. It would definately be interesting to read what some other characters thought of it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Possibly. Or perhaps once Doom realizes that Reed is the one behind Adam's involvement, he'll see Adam as just another piece on the board to be maneuvered and manipulated to suit his own ends? We'll just have to wait and see.

I will say that I'm glad that Adam is doing this solo, as opposed to facing Doom with an entire team. I hope that he also gets to meet Mephisto.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Possibly. Or perhaps once Doom realizes that Reed is the one behind Adam's involvement, he'll see Adam as just another piece on the board to be maneuvered and manipulated to suit his own ends? We'll just have to wait and see.

I will say that I'm glad that Adam is doing this solo, as opposed to facing Doom with an entire team. I hope that he also gets to meet Mephisto.
    Who's to say he hasn't already but it has not been shown.

I hope that Blue Marvel can battle Mephisto and free many of the lost souls in his possession. Would be a cool arc.

Doom killed a teenager and fled afterwards.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Doom killed a teenager and fled afterwards.
    And skinned the woman he loved. Not that Doom ever treated anyone decent prior to that

I don't think that Adam would care what Doom thinks about him.

True of just about everyone in the Marvel Universe where Blue Marvel is concerned. Given his attitude towards magic -- almost to the point of being dismissive of it -- I'm going to guess that he knows of Mephisto, just as he knew of Shuma Gorath, but he's never actually met him. “My dear brethren, never forget, when you hear the progress of wisdom vaunted, that the cleverest ruse of the Devil is to persuade you he does not exist!” (Joseph T. Shipley, after Charles Baudelaire, 1919) Not too far-fetched that Adam would take that approach with respect to Big Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think that Adam would care what Doom thinks about him.
    I agree. The question isn't how Doom sees Adam, but how Adam see Doom. Despot? Murderer? Racist? Evil Incarnate? A misguided soul in need of redemption? We'll find out soon enough. I will say that it takes a special kind of hero to want to save someone like Doom, given what we know about him.

Adam's a logical guy. if he sees any evidence of doom being framed, he will defend him.

I wish the comic dropped weekly. Now that Doom appears to have been killed by the Taskmaster -- that sort of thing tends to happen when the world puts a "capture or kill" bounty on your head -- it looks like Adam will have to work with Morgan Le Fay to see justice done. She's one of my top choices for a bad girl crush on Adam, so I'm totally fine with that.

I agree. The question isn't how Doom sees Adam, but how Adam see Doom. Despot? Murderer? Racist? Evil Incarnate? A misguided soul in need of redemption? We'll find out soon enough. I will say that it takes a special kind of hero to want to save someone like Doom, given what we know about him.
    Well, we know Reed would save him so that's at least 2 people.

Probably Spidey too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, we know Reed would save him so that's at least 2 people.

Probably Spidey too.
    Reed and Doom have history, so of course he saves Doom. Spidey is always trying to be a noble hero, so that makes sense, too. But would someone like Wolverine, Hulk, Hawkeye, Namor, Black Panther, etc., save Doom? I'm not so sure. He may not be responsible for this crisis, but with Doom you always know that it's just a matter of time before he does something on a cosmic scale that negatively impacts your livelihood/ peace of mind/ pursuit of happiness.

Reed and Doom have history, so of course he saves Doom. Spidey is always trying to be a noble hero, so that makes sense, too. But would someone like Wolverine, Hulk, Hawkeye, Namor, Black Panther, etc., save Doom? I'm not so sure. He may not be responsible for this crisis, but with Doom you always know that it's just a matter of time before he does something on a cosmic scale that negatively impacts your livelihood/ peace of mind/ pursuit of happiness.
    That's why I stopped where I did. I couldn't think of anyone else who would do it.

I'm seeing all of these 2099 book in the works. I wonder what a Blue Marvel 2099 would look like?