Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm not surprised that nobody uses that idea.
    Ewing throws a lot of bottles in the sea, but nobody seems interested in picking them up.
    Nobody to write the Champions of Europe (except for them to be defeated off panel in War Of Realms), nobody to write a Angela/Ava White Tiger story, nobody to write a Dr Positron/ Power Man buddy comics, nobody to use Night Thrasher in a comics (until recently, as he'll be in Punisher)...
    Yeah, it sucks when good ideas get wasted while lesser thought ones are used or rehashed. Ewing is an ingenious imaginative writer. Ithink a good way to get new teams off the ground is by mixing long term flagship characters with newer ones in order to garner some consistent readers as long term fans would want to read their favorite character in any book.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Al and Kevin Grevioux are the only two writers that have written him. Grevioux has other pursuits and Al has said on a number of occasions that he's gone as far as he can possibly go with Blue Marvel. It's going to take someone new -- or one of the old guard -- to carry Adam's story forward at this point.
    Al has built the character perfectly off the foundation that Kevin left us with, IMO. I understand that Al Ewing wants to move on after writing him in three titles.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I can't recall where I've read it but I thought it was stated the their are three types of humanoid species created on Marvel's earth. Homo Immortal which poduces the Eternals and Deviants. Inhomo Supeemis which are the Inhumsns. And Homo Sapiens which are humans, mutants and mutates. Homo Sapien Superior are just mutants being the next stage of human evolution.
    Ok, wow, that's all new to me...unless those were the species names given after the Celestial experiments. There weren't any immortal human strains before the Celestials arrived as far as I recall. Although I suppose with all of the benign Elder Gods running around back then, maybe there was some mating going on that created a new species? And the Inhumans were the products of the Kree, who basically mirrored the Celestials by experimenting on the human strain. So if they're now saying that the Inhumans existed all along as a separate species of man, I'm curious to know how did the Kree know to test them, while the Celestials, who predated the Kree presumably by several millenia, didn't bother to test the Inhuman species. I'll definitely need to research this further at some point. Very interesting twist on the original Marvel history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Al has built the character perfectly off the foundation that Kevin left us with, IMO. I understand that Al Ewing wants to move on after writing him in three titles.
    I have issues with both Grevioux and Ewing's interpretations, but I'm probably dead wrong for thinking that any tweaks that I envision would necessarily make him more popular. I just find it mindboggling and frustrating that no one else cares to use/continue to develop the character.

I have issues with both Grevioux and Ewing's interpretations, but I'm probably dead wrong for thinking that any tweaks that I envision would necessarily make him more popular. I just find it mindboggling and frustrating that no one else cares to use/continue to develop the character.
    I think the issue is that no one really has a vision for the character. Who is he outside a team setting? It'd be nice if Grevioux got a chance to flesh him out cause what he needs, like all characters, is a real direction and purpose.

This must be a new development...because they started out as the genus homo. Kirby, or perhaps it was Stan, mentioned an early form of ape, which dovetails with the then extremely popular idea that humanity evolved from apes. However we choose to define early "man" that's what the Celestials experimented on to create Eternals, and every human on MU Earth evolved from there as far as I know. Again, I'll admit that my understanding is based on the old tellings and more recent stories may have reworked the origins.

All that said, my point remains: it's great to have Adam, but I wouldn't mind seeing a second really powerful Black hero created. One in the top tier to check villains when Thor, Sentry, Adamantine (the French Superman), Molecule Man, Gladiator, Hyperion, adult Franklin Richards, Gabriel Shepherd, Silver Surfer, Odin, Hulk, etc., are busy tending to their own personal matters. It doesn't have to be a flying brick with genius level IQ. He doesn't even have to be American. British works just fine. The story of Morien comes to mind. (Sir Morien was the son of Aglovale and the nephew of Percival according to one telling of the King Arthur legend. Aglovale met and fell in love with Morien's mother, a Black, Christian princess, while seeking the Holy Grail in Moorish lands.)
    Ha, what a coincidence, I was just looking into whether there were Black knights back in the day, and I found out about Morien. That would be sick to have an S-tier heavy hitter medieval knight. I'm not worried about the "Black Knight" character possibly interfering with this, since he's so underutilized and lacks a big profile within the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Ha, what a coincidence, I was just looking into whether there were Black knights back in the day, and I found out about Morien. That would be sick to have an S-tier heavy hitter medieval knight. I'm not worried about the "Black Knight" character possibly interfering with this, since he's so underutilized and lacks a big profile within the MU.
    It's always fun finding out about Black heroes that existed back then, whether we're talking about true historical figures like Yasuke (the real life African Samurai) and Bass Reeves (who some say was the template for the Lone Ranger), or literary figures like Sir Morien. Add Adam to that now, I guess. There's just something really cool about discovering unknown heroes.

Sir Morien would be the perfect character to use, since he's not appropriating anyone's culture, or mantle stealing. Plus, given a background that must be steeped in magical lore, you can make him as powerful as you want. That's the beauty of magic. Whether he's the source of the magical power, or his weapon or other mystical doohickey is, or both, no one will really question it. Not with so many Marvel characters having similar origins for their power.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I never heard of this guy before; when did he debut?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I never heard of this guy before; when did he debut?
    in November 2008, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1

So since Gemma Chan is apparently going to be in Eternals despite being in Captain Marvel, who here is hoping Idris Elba will come back to the MCU to play Adam? A guy can dream can’t he?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So since Gemma Chan is apparently going to be in Eternals despite being in Captain Marvel, who here is hoping Idris Elba will come back to the MCU to play Adam? A guy can dream can’t he?
    Idris works for me. Now is a good time to introduce Adam into the MCU. Thor is retired. Hulk is probably semi-retired and likely still recovering from injuries incurred while wearing the IG. Carol is far more powerful in the MCU than her comic version, but she's going to need help. Especially if she still spends most of her time in space. Adam would be the perfect fit. He can take the place of both Tony (brains) and Thor/Hulk (brawn), and be a good person for Sam to bounce ideas off of as he leads the team.

Incredible Member

Almost a year has passed.

Icon still hasn't gone into print at DC and Blue Marvel is still unused by Marvel.

Heh. Hehehhehhehhehe. Right.

Support your independent creators and their characters.
    Examples:
    Guardian Prime
    King Supreme Kickstarter
    Noble (Lionforge)

They want your business . They care about the characters and how they are represented. They don't shy from showing feats of physical power. They don't bait and switch. They are invested in the characters they create.
    Last edited by Customizer; 08-06-2019 at 01:38 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

The Blue Marvel is on this list:

https://www.cbr.com/heroes-smarter-than-tony-stark/
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm flabbergasted. Not that Adam is on the list, but that someone other than Blue Marvel fans actually acknowledged it. But I guess him being "wicked smaht" will be another bulletpoint as to why writers are afraid to use him.

I'm flabbergasted. Not that Adam is on the list, but that someone other than Blue Marvel fans actually acknowledged it. But I guess him being "wicked smaht" will be another bulletpoint as to why writers are afraid to use him.
    I was literally just thinking about this last night when I was bouncing ideas around in my head. In all honesty, I think Adam's intelligence and powerset are the factors that keep writers away from him as well. If I were asked to write something for Blue, I'd have to either: A) Change my college major to theoretical physics, etc. to at least partially understand the nature powers (beyond what we've been told) and get an idea of his intelligence, or B) Write him as a typical flying brick with energy, not really showing off the character's full potential and what makes him unique among the powerhouses.

With guys like Thor, Superman, Sentry, etc, you don't have to explain the science behind their powers because it's: A) Simple and straightforward, dude's just strong af, B) It's sci-fi fluff that people will just go along with and not ask many questions about it, or C) Magic. Also, some of the guys mentioned may be classified as super geniuses, but again, you don't have to have the same knowledge or booksmarts that they have, you can write them as average joes slugging it out, maybe showing some signs of superior stratagem, but not much and not often. Either that or again, just say the stuff's far more advanced than humans can comprehend even though we all know it's just more sci-fi fluff.