Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    BM was in Mighy Avengers at the time though. In the long run he might have been better off with Ewing. Hickmans book obviously was the bigger seller, but all Hickmsns new guys basically vanished after Secret Wars. Ewings guys are still around, even if they don't have a big spotlight.
    So he could have created an alternate Earth version of Blue Marvel. Or perhaps since these projects are planned in advance, staked his claim on BM early.

And …

Ahem, Blue Marvel has kinda vanished, too. The brief cameo in Avengers No Road Home and X-Men before that are hardly proof of life.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    So he could have created an alternate Earth version of Blue Marvel. Or perhaps since these projects are planned in advance, staked his claim on BM early.

And …

Ahem, Blue Marvel has kinda vanished, too. The brief cameo in Avengers No Road Home and X-Men before that are hardly proof of life.
    Post Secret Wars, he had the Ultimates. Again, better than most of HIckmans new guys except maybe Hyperion. Maybe.

And Ewing is still doing Avenger related stuff so there's a chance at least BM can be used. Not sure what Hickman will be up to when he returns... we'll see.

Post Secret Wars, he had the Ultimates. Again, better than most of HIckmans new guys except maybe Hyperion. Maybe.

And Ewing is still doing Avenger related stuff so there's a chance at least BM can be used. Not sure what Hickman will be up to when he returns... we'll see.
    I thought he was doing something for the X-Men???
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I thought he was doing something for the X-Men???
    He is. A big X-Men project (House of X and Power of X), and that's it.

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Another Blue Marvel sighting in an upcoming issue of Avengers: No Road Home. It looks like Adam is taking charge of a global Avengers squad. http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...o-road-home-9/
    Attached Images Attached Images

~James Baldwin

Another Blue Marvel sighting in an upcoming issue of Avengers: No Road Home. It looks like Adam is taking charge of a global Avengers squad. http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...o-road-home-9/
    Honestly it's a little surprising that the main Avengers team would deal with the vamp stuff while the reserve Avengers (or whatevery they are) are dealing with the Nyx situation. That seems like a much bigger deal. I know the meta reason is that Aarons is telling a vamp story, but storywise it's weird.

Good timing for the vamps to do their thing though.

Ultimate Member

...Gomi and lobster bill sure is a odd addition out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...Gomi and lobster bill sure is a odd addition out of nowhere.
    It's a good thing Blue Marvel made it in this book. Had Lobster Bill somehow made the cut but not Adam, this thread would probably become unpleasant real quick.

Honestly it's a little surprising that the main Avengers team would deal with the vamp stuff while the reserve Avengers (or whatevery they are) are dealing with the Nyx situation. That seems like a much bigger deal. I know the meta reason is that Aarons is telling a vamp story, but storywise it's weird.

Good timing for the vamps to do their thing though.
    It's still not clear to me why anyone is panicking. I get that the stars have all been snuffed out by Nyx, but electricity still works, doesn't it? Given the energy output capabilities of many of the heroes, not to mention the technological minds that could work on the task at hand, getting the lights back on should be a snap...at least for North America.

~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

It's still not clear to me why anyone is panicking. I get that the stars have all been snuffed out by Nyx, but electricity still works, doesn't it? Given the energy output capabilities of many of the heroes, not to mention the technological minds that could work on the task at hand, getting the lights back on should be a snap...at least for North America.
    Yeah, that is odd. I dunno why anyone would be fighting, either. You'd think that they'd all be too worried about freezing to death.

More than that, how could they blame another country when the planet itself has lost all sunlight?

Great to see Adam stepping up and showing a commanding presence.

Long term the loss of sunlight will cause the end of all life on the earth as we know it. Not something they need worry about in the immediate future, but it's nonetheless enough of a concern to freak people out.

But with governments and law enforcement trying to just maintain order, I imagine for some this is an opportunity. Crime probably gong through the roof. For smaller less stabilized governments, there could very well be flat out revolt.

It's a good thing Blue Marvel made it in this book. Had Lobster Bill somehow made the cut but not Adam, this thread would probably become unpleasant real quick.
    Possibly, but doubtful. I think everyone is used to it.

~James Baldwin

Possibly, but doubtful. I think everyone is used to it.
    If this were something else like say War of Realms maybe. But for a book written by Ewing with his girlfriend Monica, I think Adam needed to be in it even as a cameo. For this story at least, I think Adam taking priority over Lobster Bill is probably a given.