Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Long term the loss of sunlight will cause the end of all life on the earth as we know it. Not something they need worry about in the immediate future, but it's nonetheless enough of a concern to freak people out.

But with governments and law enforcement trying to just maintain order, I imagine for some this is an opportunity. Crime probably gong through the roof. For smaller less stabilized governments, there could very well be flat out revolt.
    Yes, I get the effects of blotting out the sun, as well as the hysteria. I'm simply saying that there are so many Marvel characters with the power of a miniature sun or better running around that it wouldn't be the issue in the near term that it's made out to be. Just have Firelord or Captain Marvel ride across the sky in Helios' chariot. Problem solved...for half of the planet at a time. Or hardwire every power plant with arc reactor technology. Or strap something to Blue Marvel. A drop of antimatter lights NYC for a day, ya know? Imagine how much antimatter sweat he churns out in a one hour workout session. Enough to power every major city in the US and Canada and parts of Mexico for weeks.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

If this were something else like say War of Realms maybe. But for a book written by Ewing with his girlfriend Monica, I think Adam needed to be in it even as a cameo. For this story at least, I think Adam taking priority over Lobster Bill is probably a given.
    If we're being honest, Adam should have been picked over Rocket and Clint. They're just there to play off the Hulk. Well, Hulk has his own title. Explore those issues over there. That would free up panel for Blue Marvel. Especially against the likes of Nyx and her children. But like I said, we're all used to it. No point in belaboring the obvious. Of course, Blue should have received a bigger role. In No Road Home. In War of Realms. But that's not their plan.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

That preview of him leading is a good look. Now... if we could only get more...

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    That preview of him leading is a good look. Now... if we could only get more...
    I hear you. With our luck, that one page panel is all we'll see in No Road Home. But as XPac mentioned, maybe the Avengers World can become a title, with Blue Marvel at the helm? We'll have to just wait and see.

~James Baldwin

Ok, save your money. Blue Marvel does appear in Avengers No Road Home #9, but it is just that one page splash panel from the preview. Issue 10 is out in a few days and supposedly will feature more guest appearances. I'll circle back if Adam is one of them.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Ok, save your money. Blue Marvel does appear in Avengers No Road Home #9, but it is just that one page splash panel from the preview. Issue 10 is out in a few days and supposedly will feature more guest appearances. I'll circle back if Adam is one of them.
    I like the fact that Adam is leading a "Worldwide Group of International Heroes." I believe it was established in Mighty Avengers, maybe before, he operates around the globe. He has worked with Vormund (Germany) and Whith Fox (South Korea). Lets see him lead Marvel's version of DC's Global Guardians maybe add Talisman (Australia), Darkstar (Russia), Scarlet Scarab (Egypt) along with various others from around the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I like the fact that Adam is leading a "Worldwide Group of International Heroes." I believe it was established in Mighty Avengers, maybe before, he operates around the globe. He has worked with Vormund (Germany) and Whith Fox (South Korea). Lets see him lead Marvel's version of DC's Global Guardians maybe add Talisman (Australia), Darkstar (Russia), Scarlet Scarab (Egypt) along with various others from around the globe.
    Adam could definitely create an impressive team comprised of international characters. Maybe throw in a lesser known Eternal or mutant here and there.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Aarons book could possibly lead to some sort of international super hero team. We're seeing a lot of international super heroes pop up in that book and international tensions do seem to be rising. Maybe the fall out will be some sort of super hero UN group to watch over things.

It's a long shot that we would get a group like that, and perhaps even a longer one for Blue Marvel to lead it... but the foundation of the idea is right there in No Road Home. It's just a matter of someone picking up that ball and running with it.

Just to follow up, Adam appears in one page of Avengers No Road Home #10. He is leading the Avengers World team, but he doesn't really do much other than fly around and chat with Black Panther. Monica Rambeau flies in at the last minute to finish the world threat before revealing to Adam that she's burned out most of her powers and is now human again and wants a human life. Adam confesses his love and reassures her. In short, not worth buying.

~James Baldwin

Interesting comment from a ComicBook.com interview of Waid & Ewing:

Of the Avengers that you've written, are there any that you believe could reach the level of mainstream popularity that Captain Marvel or Black Panther has?

Ewing:
    Honestly, I think if another writer picked Blue Marvel up and built on what's there, he could be massive -- maybe he could go back to his original creator, Kevin Grevioux, or maybe someone new could push him further. I'm happy with most of what I did with him -- he could have had a few more big epic feats, but I like that I got to fill in his "hidden years" with some action-packed Doc Savage/Indiana Jones-style super-science. I guess it's another example of me loving the lesser-known heroes -- Blue Marvel's got this kind of unique space in the Marvel world, not quite the Superman figure but not quite not, and his complex relationship with power and his own responsibility makes him fascinating to me.

Make it happen, Marvel!

Interesting comment from a ComicBook.com interview of Waid & Ewing:

Of the Avengers that you've written, are there any that you believe could reach the level of mainstream popularity that Captain Marvel or Black Panther has?

Ewing:
    Honestly, I think if another writer picked Blue Marvel up and built on what's there, he could be massive -- maybe he could go back to his original creator, Kevin Grevioux, or maybe someone new could push him further. I'm happy with most of what I did with him -- he could have had a few more big epic feats, but I like that I got to fill in his "hidden years" with some action-packed Doc Savage/Indiana Jones-style super-science. I guess it's another example of me loving the lesser-known heroes -- Blue Marvel's got this kind of unique space in the Marvel world, not quite the Superman figure but not quite not, and his complex relationship with power and his own responsibility makes him fascinating to me.

Make it happen, Marvel!
    I thought it was sort of funny how he basically said if another writer BESIDES him wrote the character he might be massive.

But yeah, he's got a lot of potential. He's got a unique backstory and a surprisingly deep supporting cast. His rogues gallery could use some work, but other than that there are all the ingredients you need for a franchise character. He just needs enough writers to care about him enough to use him more.

I thought it was sort of funny how he basically said if another writer BESIDES him wrote the character he might be massive.

But yeah, he's got a lot of potential. He's got a unique backstory and a surprisingly deep supporting cast. His rogues gallery could use some work, but other than that there are all the ingredients you need for a franchise character. He just needs enough writers to care about him enough to use him more.
    Yeah, he knows he can't be the only one to use him. It's necessary for some other writers to pick up the ball and continue running with him.

Ewing:
    I'm glad that Ewing acknowledged what most of us have been saying for years: feats matter. Heroic feats, mind you. We saw how interest spiked when Adam one-shotted Ultimate Hulk. Chatter about that appeared on websites and social media everywhere. Nevermind that it was just the Ultimate Hulk. The spark was ignited.

Ewing has been signaling since Ultimates that he's ready to punt on Blue Marvel. It's why I was surprised that they bothered mentioning Adam at all in Avengers No Road Home. Ewing is right that a new writer needs to take over Blue Marvel's story. But with Marvel giving so many books to Ewing, how the hell is that supposed to happen?

While we wait for Marvel to figure out their path forward, I'd like to see Adam guest star in Spider-Man, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hulk, Thor, Fantastic Four, etc., and contribute in a meaningful way to a feature story. The only requirement is that they have to show what distinguishes Blue Marvel from being just another Superman, Doctor Manhattan, Sentry, etc., clone. I think Adam would get along well with Peter Parker and Steve Rogers. Hulk would be a really interesting team-up, especially since Hulk on the down low resents anyone who may come across as a foil to him. In Adam he'd see someone who is just as powerful, but who channels his rage constructively. And adding Adam to a Fantastic Four story would just be instant magic. Ben and Reed are his age peer group. They represent the generation that built this country into a world power. Get those three together and there's no telling what kind of mayhem they'd get into, but add in Sue and Johnny and it's a wrap: Bring on the Bad Guys!

~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

That's part of the reason you almost have to have Adam quietly retire in the background. Super heroes can potentially change history, and you don't necessarily want that. US would have lose any military conflicts if they had a guy capable of splitting the moon on their pay roll. It's almost like Watchmen in a sense I guess.
    It's funny you mention that considering the plot of "Spider-Man: Life Story".

"Über" by Kieron Gillen also dealt with this issue.

let Reggie Hudlin write him for a while- give him his own semi-continuity to work with without being forced into any crossovers-- but not banned from them either.