Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'd actually do a clone, maybe as part of a Weapon Interger or ShadowBase style program. Play up the fact that he's got all the power of Blue Marvel, but without the history it's hard to tell which way he'll turn.

But that's coming from a Hulk fan, with splashes of Venom, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Punisher etc. So that might just be more my style.

I actually came up with the idea while kicking a Young Defenders concept around in my head. Skaar, Namorita, Kristoff Bernard,.and this new guy fulfilling the Silver Surfer slot.

Wouldn't that just be leaving the door open for them to bring the real Adam back?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Wouldn't that just be leaving the door open for them to bring the real Adam back?
    I'm imagining less of a replacement, and more of a very different character with a similar origin. Less Adam Brashear, more Adam Warlock.

I hate replacements, as a general rule.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I love Blue Marvel, but I also think it's time that Marvel introduces another elite level (power-wise) African American. Adam shouldn't have to be the only torchbearer, or the token torchbearer for that matter. To borrow a baseball analogy, I'm fine with Adam being the Jackie Robinson of the supremely powerful Black men on 616. But when do we get Roy Campanella, Satchel Paige, etc., etc., all the way down the line to some of the more modern greats like Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Ken Griffey, Jr.? There should be more than one, just like writers now have their choice of White characters with diverse origins, whether we're talking Sentry, Hyperion, Miracleman, Captain Britain, Silver Surfer, Thor and on and on and on.
    Heh, technically/strictly speaking, I'm pretty sure that Adam is the only human heavy weight in the top hero class.

Thor, Hyperion, Surfer aren't human. Hulk only has muscle, while Wonder Man, Cap Britain are usually depicted as one level below the rest. Not sure where Captain Marvel/Carol is these days, though

Sentry is above them, of course, though where he falls on the hero/alive scale varies from one writer to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Heh, technically/strictly speaking, I'm pretty sure that Adam is the only human heavy weight in the top hero class.

Thor, Hyperion, Surfer aren't human. Hulk only has muscle, while Wonder Man, Cap Britain are usually depicted as one level below the rest. Not sure where Captain Marvel/Carol is these days, though

Sentry is above them, of course, though where he falls on the hero/alive scale varies from one writer to the next.
    There are a FEW other here and there. Nefaria when he's fully powered up. Apocalyse. Absorbing Man sometimes. But if we're strictly speaking humans, the list is actually pretty small.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There are a FEW other here and there. Nefaria when he's fully powered up. Apocalyse. Absorbing Man sometimes. But if we're strictly speaking humans, the list is actually pretty small.
    Well, I was referring to hero. Villains don't count

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Thor, Hyperion, Surfer aren't human. Hulk only has muscle, while Wonder Man, Cap Britain are usually depicted as one level below the rest. Not sure where Captain Marvel/Carol is these days, though.
    Actually, technically, Hyperion is human. Eternals are merely an advanced offshoot of the human strain thanks to Celestial experimentation. Chronos would further inadvertently elevate some of the group to cosmic levels by virtue of his disastrous experiment with cosmic energy. But that doesn't make them any less human, even if some of them have godlike powers.

Actually, technically, Hyperion is human. Eternals are merely an advanced offshoot of the human strain thanks to Celestial experimentation. Chronos would further inadvertently elevate some of the group to cosmic levels by virtue of his disastrous experiment with cosmic energy. But that doesn't make them any less human, even if some of them have godlike powers.
    He still qualifies as an alien rather than human though, because he's an eternal from another planet. It's the whole Superman thing, in that he was sent to earth as a baby, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'm imagining less of a replacement, and more of a very different character with a similar origin. Less Adam Brashear, more Adam Warlock.

I hate replacements, as a general rule.
    Blue Marvel doesn't have Adam Warlock's ability to spin a cosmic cocoon and emerge as something better, unfortunately. But I can't let go of what he did to the Shaper of Worlds back in the Ultimates series. I was really hoping that Ewing would have somehow found a way to merge Adam and the Shaper's Ghost. The Shaper still has the imprint of several vicious, cunning and exacting handlers on his personality matrix. Never mind the powers, which would be off the scale, but just having that edge added to Adam's DNA would improve him by leaps and bounds. Adam is 80+ years old, but has never had his mind or body betray him. Maybe a permanent symbiosis with the Shaper of Worlds could introduce some new twists and turns that readers might find appealing?

He still qualifies as an alien rather than human though, because he's an eternal from another planet. It's the whole Superman thing, in that he was sent to earth as a baby, etc.
    No, you're thinking place of origin as opposed to genetic material. Hyperion is human, period. Superman was never human as Kryptonians are an entirely different genetic species, albeit one biologically compatible with humans.

No, you're thinking place of origin as opposed to genetic material. Hyperion is human, period. Superman was never human as Kryptonians are an entirely different genetic species, albeit one biologically compatible with humans.
    Were the Eternals from Hyperions universe human?

Were the Eternals from Hyperions universe human?
    It's only been a more or less recent rewriting of the lore that posits that other Celestials experiments were also called Eternals. (Take the Kree Eternals, for instance.) But originally, the term was reserved for only Earth's test subjects. Divergent Earths included. Until they establish that Hyperion is a Galadorian Eternal or something like that, I'm going to jot him down as genetically homo-based.

But I get what you are saying about the origin of all Hyperions being analogous to the Kryptonians. Marvel just has to pin that down for me, if they're going to continue to say that he's both an alien and an Eternal. Technically, Starfox and Thanos are aliens and Eternals. But both of them are human at the end of the day.

Ultimate Member

Just because Hyperion is an eternal does not automatically make him human. there are Kree eternals, after all and skrull deviants

Just because Hyperion is an eternal does not automatically make him human. there are Kree eternals, after all and skrull deviants
    Yep, see my above post. I mentioned the Kree Eternals.

I would love to know what Adam thinks of his sacrifice in light of the racist currently occupying the White House. Dying to know. Not a story Marvel would tell, but a one-shot featuring Adam, who is somehow forced to work for He Who Shall Not Be Named by Executive Order would make my day.

I would love to know what Adam thinks of his sacrifice in light of the racist currently occupying the White House. Dying to know. Not a story Marvel would tell, but a one-shot featuring Adam, who is somehow forced to work for He Who Shall Not Be Named by Executive Order would make my day.
    The thing is, the MU presidents as a whole were probably a lot worse than any real life ones. In the MU we've had things like Sentinals and negative zone prisons. Not to mention that whole thing with Nixon. So by comparrison I almost think it wouldn't be that big a deal, since most heroes are probably used to a president in the MU who does a lot of things they don't necessarily agree with.