Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    To anybody interested in collectibles here, if Hasbro gets around to making a Blue Marvel figure in the Marvel Legends line, which version would you want them to use?
    d832de80050397cea61a9a54945124c5.jpg
    c4d81d5038cba4654e5c0c4c909231106f923d71_hq.jpg

Either of these two wouldn't mind both though, because I would put either in my Avengers display

I like the version without a cape.

For me personally, I'd go for his classic suit with interchangeable heads for a masked and unmasked look.

To anybody interested in collectibles here, if Hasbro gets around to making a Blue Marvel figure in the Marvel Legends line, which version would you want them to use?
    I'd go with his current uniform first with some translucent blue power effects accessories. From there I'd want his original white masked costume.

For me personally, I'd go for his classic suit with interchangeable heads for a masked and unmasked look.
    Yup. Classic suit anyday all day. Still bummed such a cool design is shelved.

If Adam doesn't want to use him, maybe they can create an arch enemy that steals the design or something just so it doesn't go to waste.

So, in Marvel Comics 1000

spoilers:
    Blue Marvel is now in an unofficial team (the new Three X, as Jimmy Woo says, half joking), investigating about the Enclave and the Eternity Mask.
    Citizen V (Roberto) shared the mystery with Jimmy Woo, who then called Night Thrasher who called Blue Marvel.
    Roberto being unavailable, it's probably up to the three of Jimmy, Dwayne and Adam to discover who wears the mask now.
    end of spoilers
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    So, in Marvel Comics 1000

spoilers:
    Blue Marvel is now in an unofficial team (the new Three X, as Jimmy Woo says, half joking), investigating about the Enclave and the Eternity Mask.
    Citizen V (Roberto) shared the mystery with Jimmy Woo, who then called Night Thrasher who called Blue Marvel.
    Roberto being unavailable, it's probably up to the three of Jimmy, Dwayne and Adam to discover who wears the mask now.
    end of spoilers
    Ewing does his best to make sure Adam is at least used somewhere. I'll take it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Well, something is better than nothing, I guess.

It just feels that Marvel doesn't really know what to do with Blue Marvel still. Seriously, Marvel, give me a call. I have enough ideas to cover 200 issues. 300 if I have to integrate him into yearly events and aftermath.

Fantastic Member

Marvel are sitting on a potential goldmine with this guy and they insist on fracking.

Even a five, six issue mini. It is BEYOND time now.

hopefully it leads into a book (ongoing or mini). i want to see more of the Three Xs.

BANNED

With all of his abilities is it possible that Adam can rearrange matter on the molecular level?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    With all of his abilities is it possible that Adam can rearrange matter on the molecular level?
    That's really up to the next writer to show and develop. There is certainly a foundation in his power set for that kind of feat. After all, when we speak of "antimatter" aren't we really just talking about atoms/molecules/subatomic particles/the fundamental building blocks of the antimatter universe? It's not just a form of energy, potential or otherwise, that Adam generates.

Of course, the other component to this is that the failed antimatter experiment did to Adam what was basically done to the Eternals. But unlike the generic Cosmic Energy that courses through Eternals and grants them enhanced psionic abilities, including molecular manipulation, Adam's matter-antimatter conversion fueled powers are much, much more efficient, and hence in a way more powerful. The accident did heighten his mental abilities, but neither Ewing, nor Grevioux ever indicated to what degree. They may have been too afraid to give Adam additional psionic abilities, like limited telepathy, or the psionic ability to manipulate molecules. Or maybe Adam has them, but sought help from someone like Charles Xavier or someone like that back in the 1960s to suppress them. Who knows.

But in not expressly stating it, Grevioux presented a bit of a conundrum. How else do we account for Adam's wife being as young in appearance as she was at the time of her death, but for some type of psionic manipulation of at least organic matter? It's either that, or Adam has time warping powers, which would be a bit of a stretch even for an OP character-loving person like me to accept.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That's really up to the next writer to show and develop. There is certainly a foundation in his power set for that kind of feat. After all, when we speak of "antimatter" aren't we really just talking about atoms/molecules/subatomic particles/the fundamental building blocks of the antimatter universe? It's not just a form of energy, potential or otherwise, that Adam generates.

Of course, the other component to this is that the failed antimatter experiment did to Adam what was basically done to the Eternals. But unlike the generic Cosmic Energy that courses through Eternals and grants them enhanced psionic abilities, including molecular manipulation, Adam's matter-antimatter conversion fueled powers are much, much more efficient, and hence in a way more powerful. The accident did heighten his mental abilities, but neither Ewing, nor Grevioux ever indicated to what degree. They may have been too afraid to give Adam additional psionic abilities, like limited telepathy, or the psionic ability to manipulate molecules. Or maybe Adam has them, but sought help from someone like Charles Xavier or someone like that back in the 1960s to suppress them. Who knows.

But in not expressly stating it, Grevioux presented a bit of a conundrum. How else do we account for Adam's wife being as young in appearance as she was at the time of her death, but for some type of psionic manipulation of at least organic matter? It's either that, or Adam has time warping powers, which would be a bit of a stretch even for an OP character-loving person like me to accept.
    IIRC, Ewing actually stated that exposure to Adam helped keep his wife young. Seems like anything can delay aging in the MU, lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    IIRC, Ewing actually stated that exposure to Adam helped keep his wife young. Seems like anything can delay aging in the MU, lol
    Yeah, aging is funny in marvel. I'm pretty sure literally every single Invader from ww2 except the second Union Jack has managed to somehow bit only still be around the MU, but have their youth intact on top of that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, aging is funny in marvel. I'm pretty sure literally every single Invader from ww2 except the second Union Jack has managed to somehow bit only still be around the MU, but have their youth intact on top of that.
    Aging is kinda odd, yeah.

Most of Fury's people have survived, while Ms. America and Whizzer bought it early on. Plenty of Golden Age characters survived to the modern era because of suspended animation, and I think Namor was implied to have been thrown into the future in Lost Generation.

To bring this back to Blue, was it established that he met his wife in any particular era? I thought that she was sent to spy on him after Blue popped back up on the radar after his 'death' at the hands of that random alien. She was sent to see if he was pissed, and then went florence nightingale.

I wouldn't think that she would have needed age protection.