Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

You can tell Doom doesn't see T'Challa, Adam, Strange or Steve as his equals because he doesn't hate them as much as he hates Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yeah, that's how you know that you're dealing with a persistent megalomaniacal narcissist. Their flaws are virtues and their losses never happened. It will be interesting to read Adam's thoughts on Doom, should the writers decide to go there.
    Adam and Doom interacting, and their thoughts on each other should be interesting. Because Adam is so new and has been used so relatively infrequently, there's a long list of characters I'd be curious to simply see Adam in the same room with. And certainly Doom is high on that list. What does Doom think of Adam, and vice versa. What would Magneto think of Adam, and vice versa. Red Skull would be pretty fun... for about 2 seconds.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Adam and Doom interacting, and their thoughts on each other should be interesting. Because Adam is so new and has been used so relatively infrequently, there's a long list of characters I'd be curious to simply see Adam in the same room with. And certainly Doom is high on that list. What does Doom think of Adam, and vice versa. What would Magneto think of Adam, and vice versa. Red Skull would be pretty fun... for about 2 seconds.
    Exactly. I'd also like to know what Charles Xavier thought of Blue Marvel. Imagine their conversation, as all of Charles' fears for mutants had already been experienced by the African American community in some form or another by 1963. I'd like to think that when Adam struggled with violating that Executive Order that he turned to someone like Charles for advice. Actually, I'd like to think that he'd turn to someone like Dr. Martin Luther King for guidance, but Charles Xavier is Marvel's closest equivalent to that.

Doom's new book launches October 9th. That means we probably won't see Blue until December, if he's supposed to appear in the 3rd issue. Would be nice if they gave him a quick one-shot comic between now and then.

Doom's new book launches October 9th. That means we probably won't see Blue until December, if he's supposed to appear in the 3rd issue. Would be nice if they gave him a quick one-shot comic between now and then.
    I suppose there's a chance he'll at least have a cameo on Strike Force.

The solicits are saying "continues his hunt", so I expect him to begin hunting Doom in issue #1 or #2.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The solicits are saying "continues his hunt", so I expect him to begin hunting Doom in issue #1 or #2.
    It does make you wonder when Adam's quest for Doom begins and how he's even involved at all. The preview for issue #2 mentions "an old frenemy" of Doom's. I don't think they are referring to Adam, but if they are, then I'd love to see how they plan to integrate Adam into Doom's lore, and visa versa.

Doom#2.JPG

It does make you wonder when Adam's quest for Doom begins and how he's even involved at all. The preview for issue #2 mentions "an old frenemy" of Doom's. I don't think they are referring to Adam, but if they are, then I'd love to see how they plan to integrate Adam into Doom's lore, and visa versa.

Doom#2.JPG
    If he's in NY, I would guess either Reed of Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If he's in NY, I would guess either Reed of Strange.
    I think Reed at this point probably is out of the "frenemy" category... so Strange is the more logical choice. Though Reed might be funnier.

But I do think it might be kinda cool if they were to retcon some sort of history between Adam and Doom. Namor and Adam are buddies, and Namor and Doom are SORT OF buddies too. That's something they could play with.

is Strange a frenemy? would seem to be bad blood over that Battleworld stuff. i'd say that Tony Stark would be more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is Strange a frenemy? would seem to be bad blood over that Battleworld stuff. i'd say that Tony Stark would be more fitting.
    There likely is some ill will from Battle World... but at the same time I do think it's fair to say they did become friends during Secret Wars. And I'm not sure you can say Doom was legitimately friends with any other hero ... MAYBE Namor, but I wouldn't quite use that word to describe them.

But Starks works too. I wouldn't say they were friends either, but he obviously did have a good deal of respect for Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There likely is some ill will from Battle World... but at the same time I do think it's fair to say they did become friends during Secret Wars. And I'm not sure you can say Doom was legitimately friends with any other hero ... MAYBE Namor, but I wouldn't quite use that word to describe them.

But Starks works too. I wouldn't say they were friends either, but he obviously did have a good deal of respect for Stark.
    Doom referred to Tony as his friend. sure, it was Bendis. but he said it. and keep in mind that Doom would think of it as Stark owing him a favor for bailing him out when he was the fugitive.

Blue Marvel was suppose to be the BLACK representation when it came to powerhouses like Hulk, Thor and Sentry. Sure Black readers have badass Black character like Black Panther who is king of the most advanced nation on Earth but however we do not a representation when it comes to "godlike" characters. And no offense(hope I do not cause any bad intentions with this) but I do not mean Storm but I mean characters who can give Thanos a good fight. Characters who if they let lose they can potentially destroy a planet. Now..... People are going to see this post as very shallow and say its more about the characterization than just powers or feats and they are correct however... A Black powerhouse who has the power of anti-matter(1g equals the nuke of Hiroshima) installs a lot of joy in Black readers. Think about it... a BLACK character who can give Thanos a good fight physically. The Black Nighthawk in the Squadrom Supreme was right when he was complaining that the Black heros had the less formidable powers. Again this post comes off shallow but don't care. It is a big shame that Marvel has not done anything with the character. Yes we explored his characterization that's nice but we never explored what happens when he cuts "loose."

All in all Blue Marvel has not had a "Denzel Washington" movement. The last time he had a "Denzel Washington" movement was back in his original miniseries and that was back in 2008. I'm still waiting Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    And to be honest Ewing didn't really do a good job writing Blue Marvel to begin with. He was meant to be a powerhouse but Ewing mostly wrote him as reed Richards akin. I want a new writer who knows what Blue Marvel was meant for, the powerhouse figure that's so lacking for black characters currently.
    Yea Al Ewing neutered the crap out of Blue Marvel. The character under Ewing is completely different from the one under his original creator. I don't want Ewing writing Blue Marvel again to be honest.

Ewing had its moments when he wrote Blue Marvel to be honest. The image of him one-shotting Ultimate Hulk is pretty legendary and, due to the writing, I always got the impression he was the strongest Ultimate (Which he was) even if he rarely had the need to go all-out.

I get the point though. But Blue Marvel doesn't get the chance to do much 'powerhouse stuff' for no reason other than not being a recurrent character in any book.