Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 353
  1. #31
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    In my opinion, it would have been cool to see him added in the whole Agents of Wakanda in the new Avengers title. But that was a missed opportunity.
    At this point I'd love to see Adam in ANYTHING.

    That said, he probably wouldn't be a great fit there. They don't seem like a heavy hitter team. Its seems more of a stealthy espionage group.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    I still think a Marvel Team Up or DC Comics Presents-type format starring the Blue Marvel plus a different guest star each month would have been the perfect vehicle. That way Adam's name stays out there, he has plenty of opportunities for character development and feats, and if sales ever lag, you can just throw in a 2-3 issue story arc with a big name star to prop up sales until Adam's base grows and is self-sustaining. But it looks like that title will go to Kamala.

  3. #33
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I still think a Marvel Team Up or DC Comics Presents-type format starring the Blue Marvel plus a different guest star each month would have been the perfect vehicle. That way Adam's name stays out there, he has plenty of opportunities for character development and feats, and if sales ever lag, you can just throw in a 2-3 issue story arc with a big name star to prop up sales until Adam's base grows and is self-sustaining. But it looks like that title will go to Kamala.
    It's definately a cool idea. Maybe if it works with Kamala, they might try something like that with other characters

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's definately a cool idea. Maybe if it works with Kamala, they might try something like that with other characters
    They've probably already met their objectives with respect to team-up books. Isn't Marvel Two in One an ongoing?

  5. #35
    Incredible Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's definately a cool idea. Maybe if it works with Kamala, they might try something like that with other characters
    That would be my hope, but something tells me that with this upcoming event being an "All hands on deck" situation and Adam hasn't been even mentioned, I don't think Marvel really even care about Blue Marvel anymore. It's strange cause I think done right there's a space for him now with the Paring down and methodical rebuilding of Marvel books.

  6. #36
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That would be my hope, but something tells me that with this upcoming event being an "All hands on deck" situation and Adam hasn't been even mentioned, I don't think Marvel really even care about Blue Marvel anymore. It's strange cause I think done right there's a space for him now with the Paring down and methodical rebuilding of Marvel books.
    I'm not super hopeful he will show up in War of the Realms. But I do think there's a chance we'll see him somewhere in Avengers No Road Home. Spectrum is confirmed in it, so Adam at least has a shot. Plus Ewing is involved, and he seems to like Adam.

  7. #37
    Incredible Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    919

    Default

    I wish Marvel would've added Adam to the new GOTG team. He would fit perfectly on a cosmic series, hell he could even take Beta Ray Bill's place on a new Annihilaters series but alas this would make to much sense.

  8. #38
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I still think a Marvel Team Up or DC Comics Presents-type format starring the Blue Marvel plus a different guest star each month would have been the perfect vehicle. That way Adam's name stays out there, he has plenty of opportunities for character development and feats, and if sales ever lag, you can just throw in a 2-3 issue story arc with a big name star to prop up sales until Adam's base grows and is self-sustaining. But it looks like that title will go to Kamala.
    Well, the whole point of the Team Up books is to use a popular character to expose the lesser known heroes, so they won't give BM a Team Up style book. But what might work is a proper BM solo with short arcs where various popular heroes guest star for a couple of issues. Iron Man shows up for a couple of issues, Logan helps with a mystery, Adam appears at a fund raiser with Reed Richards. Meanwhile we build up BM's own particular support cast and family and rogues.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, the whole point of the Team Up books is to use a popular character to expose the lesser known heroes, so they won't give BM a Team Up style book. But what might work is a proper BM solo with short arcs where various popular heroes guest star for a couple of issues. Iron Man shows up for a couple of issues, Logan helps with a mystery, Adam appears at a fund raiser with Reed Richards. Meanwhile we build up BM's own particular support cast and family and rogues.
    Yep, I figured I'd switch up the concept, since Marvel was mostly concerned about subscriptions back when the first team up books were introduced. It's easier to sell an annual subscription for a book of this format if it features a steady, popular character. But these days while subscriptions do matter to a lesser extent, they are not what drives the market. Plus, Marvel is so flush with cash, that it doesn't need the advance fund flow that subscribers provide for budget forecasts and such. The only requirement here is that the character teaming up with Blue Marvel has to be popular -- at least for the first 8-10 issues, e.g., Blue Marvel and Ms. Marvel; Blue Marvel and Wolverine; Blue Marvel and the X-Men; Blue Marvel and Doctor Doom, Blue Marvel and Spider Man; Blue Marvel and Thanos, etc. Lesser known characters could be interspersed in there or appear as riders in story arcs where there is already a more popular character featured.

    Lastly, in order to avoid any continuity nightmares, I'd advise the writers to be deliberately ambiguous with respect to when a story arc occurred, unless it involves an ongoing event.

  10. #40
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I wish Marvel would've added Adam to the new GOTG team. He would fit perfectly on a cosmic series, hell he could even take Beta Ray Bill's place on a new Annihilaters series but alas this would make to much sense.
    The current team of Guardians is made up of people Star Fox invited to deal with Thanos' resurrection. He intentionally left out inviting Earths Mightiest Heroes because he didn't feel they were willing to get their hands dirty. I think Adam sort of falls into that category too.

    That said, Guardians is a pretty descent place for him and Monica to end up in somewhere down the line. They can certainly do cosmic.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The current team of Guardians is made up of people Star Fox invited to deal with Thanos' resurrection. He intentionally left out inviting Earths Mightiest Heroes because he didn't feel they were willing to get their hands dirty. I think Adam sort of falls into that category too.

    That said, Guardians is a pretty descent place for him and Monica to end up in somewhere down the line. They can certainly do cosmic.
    Starfox doesn't know Adam from, well, Adam. But if he's familiar with Ewing's treatment of Blue Marvel in Ultimates, yeah, he was right to not include Adam.

    That said, Blue Marvel has gotten his hands dirty once before. He has killed in order to protect the planet from the alien armada. He was willing to kill Anti-Man on two separate occasions. No matter what he claims, Adam will take a life if faced with a truly existential threat. He may not want to, but life doesn't always allow us the luxury of recourse.

  12. #42
    Incredible Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I wish Marvel would've added Adam to the new GOTG team. He would fit perfectly on a cosmic series, hell he could even take Beta Ray Bill's place on a new Annihilaters series but alas this would make to much sense.
    Agreed it's silly that there are all new series and events starting and Blue Marvel can't get a good mention, there are plenty of opportunities for him to be included in something that will give him exposure.

  13. #43
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Do you all consider Adam to be atomic or quantum based?
    Can Anti matter energy, be considered Atomic energy?

  14. #44
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, the whole point of the Team Up books is to use a popular character to expose the lesser known heroes, so they won't give BM a Team Up style book.
    It's not even that anymore. Look at the cover of Kamala's team up book. It features only characters who are already quite popular.
    Same with the new versions of Marvel Knight or Marvel Presents. It's not about characters who need a push anymore, it's only about the same batch of popular characters.
    You'll never see Blue Marvel in those stories.

    The only way Adam could come back and STAY is, sadly, if a popular writer decided to push him down everybody's throat. Like Aaron did with Kid Omega who now gets to be picked in team books.
    Or like Bendis did with several characters. It may have been annoying back then, but it worked.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 01-29-2019 at 07:48 AM.

  15. #45
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's not even that anymore. Look at the cover of Kamala's team up book. It features only characters who are already quite popular.
    Same with the new versions of Marvel Knight or Marvel Presents. It's not about characters who need a push anymore, it's only about the same batch of popular characters.
    You'll never see Blue Marvel in those stories.

    The only way Adam could come back and STAY is, sadly, if a popular writer decided to push him down everybody's throat. Like Aaron did with Kid Omega who now gets to be picked in team books.
    Or like Bendis did with several characters. It may have been annoying back then, but it worked.
    I think the point is to help prop up Kamala rather thsn the characters she's with. Not that she isn't already a break through character, but I think they REALLY want her to blow up.

    And yeah... way guys in limbo tend to get out is when a popular writer adopts them as a pet character. Ewing seems to like Adam, so I'm hoping he gets a shot at the main Avengers book one day. I think there's a good chance he would push Adam.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •