Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The Three X name comes from the original team from the 40s, since Jimmy, Adam and Dwayne's came together to investigate the mystery and conspiracy surrounding them.

Not sure if they'll be relevant in Empyre, although if it's an event written by Ewing, I expect him not to stick to the usuals suspects (Cap, Tony, Carol, Wolverine and so on). But since it's still an event, I'm not sure he'll be allowed to use too many C-listers.
    The Three X will definitely be in whatever involves the Masked Raider, but will it be another one shot, a series or an event?
    Considering how deep a cut the Three X are (they appeared ONCE in the Golden Age), that sounds about right.

I also suspect Sunspot was originally supposed to be a member (not sure who replaced him) before he was dragged back into Hickman's orbit, terminating the "Citizen X" subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I also suspect Sunspot was originally supposed to be a member (not sure who replaced him) before he was dragged back into Hickman's orbit, terminating the "Citizen X" subplot.
    He is the one who discovered the whole mystery and told Jimmy Woo about it.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    He is the one who discovered the whole mystery and told Jimmy Woo about it.
    Yeah, but I think that might not have been the original plan.

wish it were the 4 Xs. i'm primarily a Dwayne Taylor fan. but Roberto Dacosta would also be an interesting perspective. he's less serious than Adam and Dwayne. i'm not that familiar with Jimmy Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wish it were the 4 Xs. i'm primarily a Dwayne Taylor fan. but Roberto Dacosta would also be an interesting perspective. he's less serious than Adam and Dwayne. i'm not that familiar with Jimmy Woo.
    Jimmy is exactly how Incoming described him. A 1950's spy in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Jimmy is exactly how Incoming described him. A 1950's spy in the 21st century.
    beats being a "quirky baby sitter/fbi agent/failed magician"

Fantastic Member

I woulda like Roberto in there too as well as Toni Ho, maybe in the future if the X-Office allows for some of their characters to be used outside the Xbooks.

Just finished Incoming #1. First off, I'm glad to see Blue Marvel get spotlight. I've been hoping for him to take a more prominent role in the Marvel Universe for a while now. I'm glad to see that he is being used in that way. I wanted to see a meeting of Reed Richards and Adam for a while now and the scene was great. Just two respected minds meeting one another for the first time. There's got to be more meetings between those two.

As for the Three X's, y'know, I should like this. It has 3 characters who are personal faves; Blue Marvel, Jimmy Woo, and Night Thrasher. They seem to be in the midst of something important, but for some reason it's hard for me to care. Indeed, I took a long look at all three in some of the panels together hoping to get that sense of awe, but I just couldn't. They still need to prove themselves and have those awesome character moments. There were a couple in the issue (all three are connected to the greater MU in some way), but needed some more.

All in all, Blue Marvel is warming up to me, but he still needs more exposure.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

i like the 3Xs concept. it's even cooler that Blue Marvel is the guy Night Thrasher went to to figure this stuff out. i'm not particularly interested in this Empyre storyline. plant people? not feeling it. i wish that they had picked a different threat; maybe something from Adam's rogues gallery. or they could have followed that Myriad thread dropped after Squadron Supreme was cancelled.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I wanted to see a meeting of Reed Richards and Adam for a while now and the scene was great. Just two respected minds meeting one another for the first time. There's got to be more meetings between those two.
    Actually, Reed and Adam first met back in Adam Legend of the Blue Marvel (see Reed below?). The two (along with Stark and the Avengers) initially bumped heads on how best to deal with the threat of Anti-Man and the global antimatter storms that he had unleashed. Turns out Adam was right.

As for the Three X's, y'know, I should like this. It has 3 characters who are personal faves; Blue Marvel, Jimmy Woo, and Night Thrasher. They seem to be in the midst of something important, but for some reason it's hard for me to care. Indeed, I took a long look at all three in some of the panels together hoping to get that sense of awe, but I just couldn't. They still need to prove themselves and have those awesome character moments.
    I'm not big on Jimmy Woo or Night Thrasher, so it's definitely going to take exponentially more for me to be awed by the concept. We'll have to wait and see what the future holds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 12-27-2019 at 01:36 PM.

I will say that I thought this page in Incoming was funny, if only because Blue Marvel could have aided Arno's distressed passengers, but didn't. Then again, maybe the writer didn't know that Adam can create rudimentary energy constructs like a simple platform for them to stand on while they were talking, freeing up Arno's hands?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

Doom exists to embarrass other characters. his "power" is one upmanship. so get used to it. I wonder if Adam will be appearing anywhere else this year. i'm looking forward to it.
    Doom exists for bad writing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Doom may look at Adam as a coward for standing down when JFK asked him to.
    Doom and the people that has written him are racist, so yes he would look at Adam as a cowrad.

Arno is such a tool. but, to be fair, he probably thinks just as little of Tony Stark.

Arno is such a tool. but, to be fair, he probably thinks just as little of Tony Stark.
    No doubt. Unfortunately, I know that type all too well.