Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Given a Blue Marvel giant size One Shot comic, who would you like to see as the villain?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Given a Blue Marvel giant size One Shot comic, who would you like to see as the villain?
    Juggernaut is always fun, if we're talking old school unstoppable Juggy. It would force Adam to use his head to try and figure out a way to stop him, after trading punches doesn't work.

The Exemplars, a whole team that he could cut loose on.

Saw Blue Marvels name in the new Avengers weekly event. Was he already confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Saw Blue Marvels name in the new Avengers weekly event. Was he already confirmed?
    Maybe there's some new development, but everything that I've read thus far indicates that Adam won't be a feature character. He's just going to make an appearance because Monica is there. For all we know, he might show up just so that Monica can take a break from him.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Should have posted the image. They put him in the roll call page.

Well now I have a reason to follow Avengers: No Road Home. Very good news. It's not a lot but I'm still intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Juggernaut is always fun, if we're talking old school unstoppable Juggy. It would force Adam to use his head to try and figure out a way to stop him, after trading punches doesn't work.
    Hmmm...maybe. But old school Juggernaut wasn't exactly unstoppable. He lost just about every battle that he ever had. And even though some of those losses were to guys like Hulk and Thor, I'd like to think that Adam is so comfortably in that same class that anything they can do to Marko, Adam could do and more. Plus Adam has the advantage of knowing who Juggernaut is and what he can do, as where Marko doesn't know who Adam is and would probably care less, much to his regret.

Old Marko may not be a good match, but the more mature, knowledgeable Marko with the full powers of the gem of Cyttorak would definitely be a good match. Trion Juggernaut even better. That's one of those battles that everyone would automatically jot down as a loss for Adam without even bothering to read the first page. Some people would probably buy it just to see if Adam survived, let alone pulled out the W.

~James Baldwin

Should have posted the image. They put him in the roll call page.

Ahhhh, in that case, this a great development! Although I've seen the first 10 or so covers, and BM isn't on any of them. So cautiously optimistic that he'll actually participate in a meaningful way.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-09-2019 at 06:55 PM.

~James Baldwin

Hmmm...maybe. But old school Juggernaut wasn't exactly unstoppable. He lost just about every battle that he ever had. And even though some of those losses were to guys like Hulk and Thor, I'd like to think that Adam is so comfortably in that same class that anything they can do to Marko, Adam could do and more. Plus Adam has the advantage of knowing who Juggernaut is and what he can do, as where Marko doesn't know who Adam is and would probably care less, much to his regret.

Old Marko may not be a good match, but the more mature, knowledgeable Marko with the full powers of the gem of Cyttorak would definitely be a good match. Trion Juggernaut even better. That's one of those battles that everyone would automatically jot down as a loss for Adam without even bothering to read the first page. Some people would probably buy it just to see if Adam survived, let alone pulled out the W.
    There are certain specific ways to stop the juggernaut. Telepathy, magic... and I'm sure Blue Marvel would figure out something. The good guy obviously has to win. I'm just saying that Juggy is a unique challenge because he can't physically be stopped. You have to figure out another way. And Adam being intelligent as he is, I'm sure would come up with something unique. But that's what makes it a cool match up. As strong as Adam is, he can't out punch this villain (which is a somewhat rare thing for someone at his power level)... he's gotta use his brain.

He wasn't confirmed prior to this as far as I know. But Monica was and they were dating, so he's not a complete surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There are certain specific ways to stop the juggernaut. Telepathy, magic... and I'm sure Blue Marvel would figure out something. The good guy obviously has to win. I'm just saying that Juggy is a unique challenge because he can't physically be stopped. You have to figure out another way. And Adam being intelligent as he is, I'm sure would come up with something unique. But that's what makes it a cool match up. As strong as Adam is, he can't out punch this villain (which is a somewhat rare thing for someone at his power level)... he's gotta use his brain.
    Juggernaut can be physically stopped, but it would take magic more powerful than Cyttorak's to do it. Or perhaps Celestial level science. Also, I vaguely recall Hulk, Skaar, Thor and someone else finding ways to physically checkmate Juggernaut. I'm sure Adam would be up to the task, being far more intelligent, yet just as strong as those chaps. Either way, for a One Shot book, Juggernaut isn't a bad choice.

~James Baldwin

Don't get your hopes up. He's probably just a cameo in the first issue, like Toni Ho.
    I'd gladly trade Hulk and Scarlet Witch for them.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. He's probably just a cameo in the first issue, like Toni Ho.
    Agreed, I wouldn't get my hopes, especially since Toni is on the roll call. Adam probably gets a line or 2 in before Monica heads off on the actual adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Ewing is writing it and Adam doesn't appear in any of the other panel art previews that I've seen, so expectations are tempered.

~James Baldwin