Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Given a Blue Marvel giant size One Shot comic, who would you like to see as the villain?
    Someone who Adam can have an all out brawl with on Earth and in space, that's for sure. As for who specifically, idk at the moment. We've seen him utilize his intelligence plenty of times already, so if this is just a one shot, then I want it to be Blue's chance for a grand and epic slug fest that's bound to get people's jaws to drop. Let him flex that brawn A LOT more so his name becomes synonymous with power like the other guys. Who knows, maybe that'll give some writers incentive to do major things with him since they won't be seeing him as just a "less popular Reed Richards type". Majority of writers tend to favor characters who can appeal to both the thinking crowd and the "I just wanna see **** blow up" crowd, and Adam can provide that balance.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Someone who Adam can have an all out brawl with on Earth and in space, that's for sure. As for who specifically, idk at the moment. We've seen him utilize his intelligence plenty of times already, so if this is just a one shot, then I want it to be Blue's chance for a grand and epic slug fest that's bound to get people's jaws to drop. Let him flex that brawn A LOT more so his name becomes synonymous with power like the other guys. Who knows, maybe that'll give some writers incentive to do major things with him since they won't be seeing him as just a "less popular Reed Richards type". Majority of writers tend to favor characters who can appeal to both the thinking crowd and the "I just wanna see **** blow up" crowd, and Adam can provide that balance.
    You make some good points. XPac and I were discussing Juggernaut earlier. In terms of this showing, if Juggernaut was the bad guy, would you prefer to see...

(1.) Adam and Juggernaut (or someone like that) go toe to toe in a visceral blow by blow fight with Adam coming out on top;

(2.) Adam swooping in and using his ranged anti-matter and other esoteric forms of energy attacks to blow holes first in Juggernaut's shield and armor, and eventually through Juggernaut himself (as I type this, I'm reminded of the first Ultimates series when Adam's bolts moved a recently fed Galactus backwards, albeit with some help from Carol and Monica, whose energies Galactus was absorbing even as their energy attacks hit him. Not many have been able to move a powered up Galactus when he didn't want to be moved.);

(3.) Both 1. and 2. Empty the cupboard as they say, even if it means that the final showing, while clear cut and definitive, is less than truly epic?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

If we talking about a match that we could sink our teeth into. I think a fully prepared and confident Gladiator will give Adam all the work he can handle and then some.

For a one shot I'd like to see Adam go toe-to-toe with a cosmic character like Blastaar, going against an Eternal like the Gorgotten One or one of Marvel's demons liie Blackheart. Essentially, someone he could let loose on. However, I always thought that a great archenemy that could become part of his rogues is Centurious. The super science chess matches would be fun to watch.

Lots of good names mentioned. Are there any female villains that you would add to a One Shot rogues gallery? It doesn't have to be someone that matches Adam power-wise. Just someone who would be a challenge.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Lots of good names mentioned. Are there any female villains that you would add to a One Shot rogues gallery? It doesn't have to be someone that matches Adam power-wise. Just someone who would be a challenge.
    Monica Rappaccini or Viper come to mind. Nebula would also be an interesting match-up as would Deathbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I'd say King Hyperion fits the bill for a powerhouse that can go toe to toe with BM. The Exiles comic did a pretty good show if having KH be pretty devious and a long term planner (as he came up with the idea to intentionally NOT complete the mission so they could stay). As smart as Adam is...he also needs someone who would challenge not just physically, but mentally/morally/emotionally. KH can be a MAJOR threat if he's played correctly. And BM is the only one who can stop him

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    I'd say King Hyperion fits the bill for a powerhouse that can go toe to toe with BM. The Exiles comic did a pretty good show if having KH be pretty devious and a long term planner (as he came up with the idea to intentionally NOT complete the mission so they could stay). As smart as Adam is...he also needs someone who would challenge not just physically, but mentally/morally/emotionally. KH can be a MAJOR threat if he's played correctly. And BM is the only one who can stop him
    KH should definitely be in Adam's rogue's gallery, if he's still around. But we've already seen the two of them square off in previous limited run comic. Curious to know who you'd also like to see Adam face. It could be an individual or even an entire team. Adam could be the reverse Ultron/Thanos/Graviton, etc., where villains basically acknowledge that they can't face him alone -- he's too powerful -- but they can team up and give it a go. Perhaps a version of the Masters of Evil designed specifically to deal with guys like Thor, Hulk, Sentry and Adam?

~James Baldwin

And now that I think about it, maybe we need to add some more screenshots of all of the guys that Adam (or AU versions of Adam) have defeated? What good is an appreciation thread without feats?

~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Count Nefaria.

The Supremacists from Black Panther vol. 2 might also be interesting opponents.

I only know Ewing's BM and I didn't think he got to showcase how powerful he can be. I think Ultimates failed cuz there's not that much action scenes on panel. I get the narration of what the heroes are going to do and how to do it. I'm sorry but comics is also about pages coming to life in an amazing action shot. The only Boss thing BM did was one punch Ultimate Hulk. More of that please.

Also, Rocafort's art on Ultimates was Sooo good that I didn't mind less fight sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    The only Boss thing BM did was one punch Ultimate Hulk. More of that please.
    Truth be told, that wasn't all that impressive of a feat. The Ultimate Earth version of Power Princess easily defeated Ultimate Hulk. Ultimate Cap also fought UH and lived to tell the tale. The optics of one-shotting UH were certainly jarring, but Blue Marvel knocking out Sentry (for half a minute or so), and brutally hammering King Hyperion into unconsciousness were actually far bigger/better feats. What I find funny is that Adam wasn't really going all out against the Sentry. It wasn't intended to be a kill shot. He was just testing Sentry's chin to see if he could take one of his "normal" punches. The next thing we know, Sentry is in orbit taking a nap, drool drifting off into zero gravity.

~James Baldwin

You make some good points. XPac and I were discussing Juggernaut earlier. In terms of this showing, if Juggernaut was the bad guy, would you prefer to see...

(1.) Adam and Juggernaut (or someone like that) go toe to toe in a visceral blow by blow fight with Adam coming out on top;

(2.) Adam swooping in and using his ranged anti-matter and other esoteric forms of energy attacks to blow holes first in Juggernaut's shield and armor, and eventually through Juggernaut himself (as I type this, I'm reminded of the first Ultimates series when Adam's bolts moved a recently fed Galactus backwards, albeit with some help from Carol and Monica, whose energies Galactus was absorbing even as their energy attacks hit him. Not many have been able to move a powered up Galactus when he didn't want to be moved.);

(3.) Both 1. and 2. Empty the cupboard as they say, even if it means that the final showing, while clear cut and definitive, is less than truly epic?
    To answer your question: I'd actually like to see option 3, of course with the writer's best effort to make the conclusion as awesome and heroic as possible. Once we see everything (or at least a really good portion) Adam can do when push comes to shove, then that might open up more opportunities for more scenarios like options 1 and 2 in the future.

That happened?? Ok ok JPrime. Guess I need to actually read his earlier stuff. Now I'm def bummed that Ewing didn't show us his physical strength. I didn't know much bout BM but I knew he was super smart and strong with energy powers. Then he punched Hulk on the 2nd season of Ultimates, that is what I remember of his "strength".

I would love to see BM square off with an angry HulkBanner, Gladiator, the Wrecking Crew, Juggy and Graviton. I hope we see him cut loose soon.