Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm glad that it looks like Spidey is more competent and assured of himself this time. Hopefully they also tone down the tech a little (although we see the web-wings in action again) .

It's weird to see Spidey so popular. I mean, in-universe it makes sense, but I really can't help but think some kind of shoe is going to drop at some point to turn everybody against him.

I really feel like they could be doing more with Aunt May then a possible Happy Hogan romance subplot.

It's weird hearing Peter call Zendaya's character "MJ." Then again, it's also weird to see them hanging out with a Betty Brant that looks like Gwen Stacy. And even weirder that her "Ned" is really Ganke...

"So nice to finally meet you Spider-Man," spoken like someone who's read Ultimate Spider-Man.

So far I get the feeling that Fury's role in this movie will be more complimentary and less intrusive in Peter's life then Iron Man's was.

The fishbowl head! The fishbowl head !

It seems like they're going to try and hide the fact that Mysterio is the real villain and play him up as someone actively trying to help Spider-Man, but I have to imagine that at least the final trailer will probably show Spidey fighting him .

I'm glad Flash is now a Spider-Man fanboy. That was one of the issues I had with Revolori's Flash in the last movie. I hope this isn't the only scene where it comes up.

Definitely not backing down from the themes and feel of the first movie. Guess thats a good thing, I'm still going to see it for sure.

Ok now after watching both the domestic and international trailers - is it "dickwad" or "loser"?
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-15-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I don't know why everyone's so giddy/surprised to see Mysterio's fishbowl helmet, it looks cool and is easily adaptable, of course they were going to include it in the movie (unlike Electro's horrible starfish mask).

Trailer looks great, definitely want to watch this.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad that it looks like Spidey is more competent and assured of himself this time. Hopefully they also tone down the tech a little (although we see the web-wings in action again) .

It's weird to see Spidey so popular. I mean, in-universe it makes sense, but I really can't help but think some kind of shoe is going to drop at some point to turn everybody against him.

I really feel like they could be doing more with Aunt May then a possible Happy Hogan romance subplot.

It's weird hearing Peter call Zendaya's character "MJ." Then again, it's also weird to see them hanging out with a Betty Brant that looks like Gwen Stacy. And even weirder that her "Ned" is really Ganke...

"So nice to finally meet you Spider-Man," spoken like someone who's read Ultimate Spider-Man.

So far I get the feeling that Fury's role in this movie will be more complimentary and less intrusive in Peter's life then Iron Man's was.

The fishbowl head! The fishbowl head !

It seems like they're going to try and hide the fact that Mysterio is the real villain and play him up as someone actively trying to help Spider-Man, but I have to imagine that at least the final trailer will probably show Spidey fighting him .

I'm glad Flash is now a Spider-Man fanboy. That was one of the issues I had with Revolori's Flash in the last movie. I hope this isn't the only scene where it comes up.
    Maybe the battle with Mysterio will kick off the public’s turn against spider-man?

BANNED

I'm surprised, Mysterio looks really believable.

So do we think All these villains are in this movie or are they illusions so

Mysterio can show up and save the day and play hero?

Also mysterio looked like he was using dr strange magic. Like the graphic when he blocks hydroman attack
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-15-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'm pretty sure that Mysterio is using a mixture of science, special effects, and illusions. That's basically his thing in the comics after all.

I hope that they give Jake Gyllenhaal the same opportunity to show off his acting chops by playing a cool baddie that they gave Michael Keaton in the last film.

Hopefully they finally introduce Felicia Hardy/Black Cat in the third film

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

Also mysterio looked like he was using dr strange magic. Like the graphic when he blocks hydroman attack
    Looks like just green smoke to me. Which would be a Mysterio thing. Smoke and mirrors lol

This reminds me - I wonder if we will see his Spider=sense really play out in this movie. Its been a big factor with Spider-Man and Mysterio for a while now. If not that, then the suit itself should be pretty Mysterio-proof and be able to help him separate out fact from fiction.

It will also be interesting to see if Mysterio ends up being real or an android.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know why everyone's so giddy/surprised to see Mysterio's fishbowl helmet, it looks cool and is easily adaptable, of course they were going to include it in the movie (unlike Electro's horrible starfish mask).
    I think there are ways to adapt Electro's starfish mask, like how his energy face in Spectacular resembled it at certain points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe the battle with Mysterio will kick off the public’s turn against spider-man?
    I was thinking that might happen, or at the very least Mysterio will concoct things to make him look better at Spidey's expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

I think that's exactly what he's doing. Mysterio pretended to be a hero to cover up his crimes in his first appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I hope that they give Jake Gyllenhaal the same opportunity to show off his acting chops by playing a cool baddie that they gave Michael Keaton in the last film.
    I hope they let him really ham it up as Quentin Beck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This reminds me - I wonder if we will see his Spider=sense really play out in this movie. Its been a big factor with Spider-Man and Mysterio for a while now. If not that, then the suit itself should be pretty Mysterio-proof and be able to help him separate out fact from fiction.

It will also be interesting to see if Mysterio ends up being real or an android.
    I would think now would be the time for them to really start emphasizing Spider-Sense, but with Watts directing it...I'd kind of be surprised if they did to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I can't see that happening overseas.

But then, I can't see it happening without Jameson, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Looks like just green smoke to me. Which would be a Mysterio thing. Smoke and mirrors lol
    When he blocks the final blast there is like geometric patterns like the shield Strange makes. Hard to see cause the smoke but u can see a a triangle coming out

Now the question is ... is that even really Nick Fury? We are dealing with Mysterio after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    how do you know too much teenage hijinks and Ironman reliance if you didn't see the film. You just going off a 90 second trailer?
    I probably read the wikipedia synopsis.

It looks ok not great but ok I need to see more.