Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What are you talking about? He's on a school field trip. How is that absurd? How is that MCU wanting to have it both ways?
    Yes the new movie is a genuine field trip that gets him to Europe legitimately. And May is on board with it. Its a little odd to me that she's ok with him being Spider-Man, all things considered, but we'll see how she deals with that once the movie hits.

Germany, Titan, space - not field trips. And while Washington was a field trip, he had decided not to go and then went anyways. Without telling Aunt May, I'm pretty sure. Its just kind of ridiculous for a kid his age to travel so freely around, and very irresponsible of the adults around him to enable that for that matter.

But like I said thats ok, this is the kind of dumbness you see all the time in your typical Disney teen shows, where kids can be in charge or islands or run rampant about cruise ships.

Tastes vary. In the end, I like Peter better when he's a New York kid doing stuff in New York.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'm fairly certain when they do the Sinister Six movie and introduce Harry & Norman ... those movies will be 100% in New York.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yes the new movie is a genuine field trip that gets him to Europe legitimately. And May is on board with it. Its a little odd to me that she's ok with him being Spider-Man, all things considered, but we'll see how she deals with that once the movie hits.

Germany, Titan, space - not field trips. And while Washington was a field trip, he had decided not to go and then went anyways. Without telling Aunt May, I'm pretty sure. Its just kind of ridiculous for a kid his age to travel so freely around, and very irresponsible of the adults around him to enable that for that matter.

But like I said thats ok, this is the kind of dumbness you see all the time in your typical Disney teen shows, where kids can be in charge or islands or run rampant about cruise ships.

Tastes vary. In the end, I like Peter better when he's a New York kid doing stuff in New York.
    So what, you want Spidey to be absent in Infinity War? And you do know Stark is mostly portrayed as irresponsible, right? And Stark didn't want him to go in space, by the way.

Some fans take "New York is not just a city, it's a character" way too seriously. It's not nearly as important to Spidey as Gotham is to Batman.

Astonishing Member

I remember a poster mentioning the idea of Sony spin-off using Mysterio. Thought it was plausible with Jake being the lead actor in his own franchise. Sony already plans to make a film for all Spidey characters so why not Mysterio?

Other than really geeking out over the appearance of Mysterio, I thought this trailer looked about as average as Homecoming ended up being.

I am also questioning why Marvel Studios seems to go out of their way to put this version of Spider-Man where he will be drastically limited in his web slinging use. In Homecoming, I wanted to see extended swinging through the city. Did I get that? Nope. I got Spider-Man running across fields and back yards, in factories and houses, strapped to a plane and then on a beach. In what way was Spider-Man supposed to be taking advantage of his web slinging?

And now he's going to be travelling to Europe? Are you kidding me?

Colour me thoroughly unimpressed with Homecoming and whatever Far From Home is shaping up to be.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/