Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Seeing a hero work in a settings he's not familiar with has its appeal. Like how is he going to get around in a place where the buildings ain't high enough to swing from. Being taken out of his element could be a lot of fun.

Ehh maybe if Homecoming had more time with him swinging around NYC but it didn't so him being in England, London. ehhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Plus we’ve already had 5 films of him strictly being in NYC. I’m not against Peter being in NYC but I don’t mind that the MCU is taking him out of there either.

?? And,

We've had like five movies with TOny Stark in an Iron Suit flying around shooting PPL

We've had like Five movie with Steve Rogers dressing up in red, white and blue and throwing his shield

So it really should not matter how many movies we have with him in NYC because all that stuff is part of their character, that's what makes them.....them, that's all I was saying. Spidey, this particular spidey needs time to connect with New York, mostly by swinging around

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    ?? And,

We've had like five movies with TOny Stark in an Iron Suit flying around shooting PPL

We've had like Five movie with Steve Rogers dressing up in red, white and blue and throwing his shield

So it really should not matter how many movies we have with him in NYC because all that stuff is part of their character, that's what makes them.....them, that's all I was saying. Spidey, this particular spidey needs time to connect with New York, mostly by swinging around
    It means that we’ve had 5 movies about Spider-Man being strictly in NYC so EYE am ok with the MCU doing something a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Definitely not backing down from the themes and feel of the first movie. Guess thats a good thing, I'm still going to see it for sure.

Ok now after watching both the domestic and international trailers - is it "dickwad" or "loser"?
    It's most likely 'dickwad', but they might use 'looser' in the international version to avoid censorship.

Love the trailer Csnt wait for this movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's most likely 'dickwad', but they might use 'looser' in the international version to avoid censorship.
    Likely that'll be the cut of the movie shown on in-flight entertainment or aired on television.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Now the question is ... is that even really Nick Fury? We are dealing with Mysterio after all.
    Eh. That’s giving Mysterio a lot of clout. Nick’s been in hiding for a while, hasn’t he? It would also mean Mysterio knows Peters real identity.

Plus we see Nick doing Nick things, like staring ominously out of a window and shooting at the “sandmonster” with (presumably) another agent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Flash is a Spider-Man fanboy, confirmed.

Calling it now, Mysterio is secretly working with Sandman and Hydro-Man.
    Hydro Man, Sandman, Molten Man etc are not in this movie because of the limitations on Spider-Man characters. They're the Elementals that are most likely going to be analogues of Spider-Man villains.

Also, not on board with Mysterio being a good guy. Hope that becomes a twist later on and he is actually the main villain

Despite that looks entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Hydro Man, Sandman, Molten Man etc are not in this movie because of the limitations on Spider-Man characters. They're the Elementals that are most likely going to be analogues of Spider-Man villains.

Also, not on board with Mysterio being a good guy. Hope that becomes a twist later on and he is actually the main villain

I will be very surprised if Mysterio is a genuine good guy in this. I think it's 98% more likely he's playing a long con, since it's Mysterio.

Wasn't he introduced as a hero in both the UU and 616 but was quickly sussed out by Peter to be the bad guy?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The Mysterio story spun by Lee/Ditko often gets overlooked due to so many other great stories in that run. But its a great one. Jameson is in full on "Spider-Man is a menace" mode, after a series of crimes get linked to Spider-man. Mysterio shows up at the Bugle claiming he will bring Spider-Man to justice (and of course it was him who actually committed the crimes, in disguise). Peter loses a fight to Mysterio, just barely, but later on tracks him to his lair and gets him to confess to the crimes, unknowing that he is being recorded the whole time.

So I suspect this will be the same sort of story where Spider-Man is blamed for stuff, Mysterio is hailed as a hero, and Peter has to do some detective work and beat Mysterio at his own game to prove his innocence. And I can't tell you how thrilled I am at that whole prospect.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wasn't he introduced as a hero in both the UU and 616 but was quickly sussed out by Peter to be the bad guy?
    I thought Ultimate Mysterio was really a “drone” controlled by the 616 Mysterio

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I thought Ultimate Mysterio was really a “drone” controlled by the 616 Mysterio
    I don't remember, that's why I asked. I swear in another universe/medium other than 616 Mysterio came in as a "hero."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

Yea seen articles saying that as a fact is this confirmed or just an assumption that it's the elementals? And what restriction exactly I mean Sony technically made this movie and as per the agreement they give each moive an avengers co star. (Tony in 1 and now fury in 2) what was Sony conditions for this? Cause I dont see why Mysterio/Vulture/Shocker/Tinkerer/Scorpion are all allowed but Hydroman or Moltenman would be off limits

Fantastic Member

Theory: Fury is wearing his pre winter soldier outfit

I think endgame restores SHIELD back to its original purpose minus Hyrda

If time travel is a thing. You could see Steve preventing Hydra from ever infiltrating SHIELD