Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Theory: Fury is wearing his pre winter soldier outfit

I think endgame restores SHIELD back to its original purpose minus Hyrda

If time travel is a thing. You could see Steve preventing Hydra from ever infiltrating SHIELD
    Rumor has it that supposedly the Falcon/Winter Solider series for Disney+ has them working with SHIELD post-Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I don't remember, that's why I asked. I swear in another universe/medium other than 616 Mysterio came in as a "hero."
    IIRC, that's how he was introduced in TAS.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    IIRC, that's how he was introduced in TAS.
    Maybe that was it ... I'll have to check it out again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea seen articles saying that as a fact is this confirmed or just an assumption that it's the elementals? And what restriction exactly I mean Sony technically made this movie and as per the agreement they give each moive an avengers co star. (Tony in 1 and now fury in 2) what was Sony conditions for this? Cause I dont see why Mysterio/Vulture/Shocker/Tinkerer/Scorpion are all allowed but Hydroman or Moltenman would be off limits
    it's been known there are gray areas with many properties. like Namor for example. Sony and Disney are both making compromises to give us these Spidey films and that includes Disney not being able to directly adapt Spider-Man stories or certain Spider-Man characters

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    it's been known there are gray areas with many properties. like Namor for example. Sony and Disney are both making compromises to give us these Spidey films and that includes Disney not being able to directly adapt Spider-Man stories or certain Spider-Man characters
    Sony makes these movies with Marvel. Then Sony distributes it. The avengers movies I get marvel cant do without songs approval but we literaly had Vulture/Shocker/Tinkerer/Scorpion/Prowler(kinda) in Homecoming because Sony co-makes the movies and get distribution so unless they saving certain characters for they're Venom universe doesnt make sense.

My friends and I take an in depth look at the trailer from Far From Home. Overall I am down for the sequel and hope it lives up. But I have some friends who aren't too thrilled with Peter Parker out of NYC. What do you think?

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    My friends and I take an in depth look at the trailer from Far From Home. Overall I am down for the sequel and hope it lives up. But I have some friends who aren't too thrilled with Peter Parker out of NYC. What do you think?
    Wait'll they find out he had adventures on the moon and Titan and stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Wait'll they find out he had adventures on the moon and Titan and stuff.
    Oooh, and he visited Washington D.C. that one time, too!

Can you say G-E-R-M-A-N-Y?

Scandalous.

what is the beef with spidey out of town?

i fondly remember a period when peter became famous for publishing a book featuring his spidey photos and he traveled around the world to promote it.
    think it was shortly after marrying MJ. as others have mentioned, it was fun seeing him coping with not having skyscrapers to swing around among other things.

spidey in the mental asylum, spidey and the redneck mutants, all stories i liked very much.

as for the trailer, it irked me, that the elementals seemed very large in the trailer.
    that bugged me while watching sm3 with giganta sandman. sure sandman bulks up from time to time, but not several stories high.
    it just feels unbalanced to me, video game/cartoonish, oh see giant boss.

i wonder how that will effect my viewing experiance, since i appreciate the road trip idea
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

While I do like the stuff he does out of town, its a pretty unrealistic and silly direction for an underage hero, even on comic book terms. Look, Spider-Man is either grounded and a street-level hero or he is not. The MCU is having it both ways and hoping no one cares.

And they are pretty much right - the end totally justifies the means in these movies. It somehow works.

But it is still absurd! And possibly illegal!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-24-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    While I do like the stuff he does out of town, its a pretty unrealistic and silly direction for an underage hero, even on comic book terms. Look, Spider-Man is either grounded and a street-level hero or he is not. The MCU is having it both ways and hoping no one cares.

And they are pretty much right - the end totally justifies the means in these movies. It somehow works.

What are you talking about? He's on a school field trip. How is that absurd? How is that MCU wanting to have it both ways?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Well, the bolded went out the window in Civil and Infinity Wars.

Petey's little trip to France or wherever is a lot more grounded than his trip to Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Well, the bolded went out the window in Civil and Infinity Wars.

Petey's little trip to France or wherever is a lot more grounded than his trip to Titan.
    Better to know comic books than geography.

I'm pleased to see Jake finally in the Spidey franchise, I always thought that he would have made a GREAT Peter Parker. However let's be grateful for small mercies.
    Hail Hydra!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Better to know comic books than geography.
    I wasn’t trying to be concise on the location of the movie as that wasn’t the point.

But...alas...you got me.