Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Doc Doom in the MCU

How would you guys introduce Doom in the MCU? I was reading the article about having Doom as the main villain in Black Panther 2 on the main page and it made me wonder.

I love the idea of Doom fighting Black Panther in a future movie but honestly I think it would be too soon.

Doom deserves his own movie. If Marvel wants to let people know how serious and important they consider him (he is Marvel's biggest villain, afterall) they should give him his own origin movie. It would be the first Marvel villain movie and, just like when they do a new solo origin movie, it would hype people to see Doom team up or fight with Marvel heroes down the line.
    Of course, you'd have young Reed (and Ben) appeared in it but no need to put the actual FF (have them have their own movie, without Doom and instead bring on Namor! Especially now that Aquaman has been a big success, they can't just do a Namor movie. But as the bad guy in the first FF movie? They could sell it as Aquaman gone bad and that would be a lot more interesting, imo).

And unlike most villains, i'd like to see Doom be a regular Marvel character that shows up everywhere, just like characters like Iron Man do. He could show up as an antagonist in Black Panther 3, as a hero in avengers 5 (fighting alongside the Avengers against a bigger threat, just to turn on them in the end and becoming the main villain).
    What about you? Imo, no other character has as much potential as Doom. I just hope Feige thinks the same!
    Last edited by fred25_ca; 01-15-2019 at 10:13 AM.

I like the idea the FF were a team in the 60's and perhaps got stuck in the Negative Zone after fighting Doom and in the Negative Zone time could be wonky and they comeback to present day unaged. Which brings Doom the ruler Latveria out and his suit would now be part life support.

Everyone is happy at the end of Endgame and then Doom kicks everyone's ass and leaves to go be the ruler of Latveria.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Amazing Member

Edit: this was a followup to Jokerz79's post.
    Yeah, that's also a nice possibility. And it would help keep the cheesy aspects of the characters intact without sounding too lame. My only problem is I doubt Marvel will want to make a new FF movie with Doom as the main villain again. Its been done 4 times already, which is why I think Doom needs his own movie, so Marvel can truly focus on making him distinct from the previous versions. But I love the idea of the FF being from the 60's. Its a time period we haven't seen the MCU explore yet (we've seen the 40's, 80's, 90's and 00's).
    Last edited by fred25_ca; 01-15-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Black Panther needs his own villains in his BP2. Non-BP side villains are ok but Doctor Doom shouldn't be anyone's side villain. So FF movie or Avengers.

Amazing Member

Agree, he is the single greatest Marvel villains and should be treated as such.
    Now that Marvel will have the Fox characters back, they have access to most of their greatest villains. Its crazy! Magneto, Doom, Galactus, Annihilus, Apocalypse! These are incredible villain. Hopefully Marvel doesn't waste a single one of them and realise how lucky they are to have them back!
    And Namor too (which they got back not too long ago also!). Namor and Annihilus can easily be the villain in 2 different FF movies. Galactus can be introduce in a Silver Surfer movie and go on to be an Avengers villain. Apocalyse can be kept as the biggest bad guy in an Age of Apocalypse crossover down the line. And both Doom and Magneto can be regular MCU characters. The possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by fred25_ca; 01-15-2019 at 10:42 AM.

I don't see any room for him after Thanos. it would be a step down. how about Kiefter Sutherland as the new Deacon Frost instead?

Amazing Member

I'm guessing you aren't serious. Doom is just as big as Thanos and imo, even more interesting. Just look at both Secret wars for good reasons why. Thanos was but a pawn in Doom's grandeur plan.

Quote Originally Posted by fred25_ca View Post
    I'm guessing you aren't serious. Doom is just as big as Thanos and imo, even more interesting. Just look at both Secret wars for good reasons why. Thanos was but a pawn in Doom's grandeur plan.
    Thanos wasn't in the first Secret Wars. what's a grandeur plan?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think setting Doom up in his own movie is a great idea, maybe even upping his connections to the magical world by having Tilda Swinton return to play the Ancient One and have Victor as a former student - this allowing Marvel to adapt the Doctor Doom/Doctor Strange teamup against Mephisto in the future. I also like the idea of him being the new Thanos, though sharing the responsibility of being the big ultimate threat with Magneto and ultimately either Galactus or Onslaught and the Beyonder as part of a double feature with their own movie and Secret Wars, ending with Doom becoming a god... everything Doom appears in in either a cameo or larger role should be masterstrokes towards his ultimate ambitions. And possibly have Boris as his servant standing in when the actor playing Doom isn’t available.

Since Skrulls are appearing in the Captain Marvel movie, I think they are building towards Secret Invasion.

So I would use Doom similar to how he was used in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. He can debut in a movie kidnappnig someone, which makes him look like the villain. But in reality he realized the Skrulls were out there before everyone else, and by the time we get the Avengers: Secret Invasion movie DOom will actually help the heroes with the Skrulls.

Amazing Member

Linking Doom to the ancient one is a brilliant idea! That would be such a great way to do it. Hopefully they start doing these kind of connections more and more between characters.

The appeal to Doom for me was that he was self taught. Maybe instead of gypsies his mom can be a former student of the ancient one and then he finds her notes and teaches himself. Maybe even have the ancient one reject him as a pupil lending him more sympathy

Not as an intro but down the line I'd love a war of the three kingdoms film. Wakanda vs latveria vs Atlantis. U can either have the avengers in the middle trying to prevent a world war or just bounce around from Tchalla, Namor, and Dooms pov
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-15-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

It's not complicated, just introduce Doom as the ruler of Latveria who has a history with Reed Richards and grand ambitions. As for Doom being a serious threat, oh yes he is. He's basically Iron Man, Batman, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther all rolled into one.

As for who could play him, well Viggo Mortensen comes to mind right away. Or perhaps Javier Bardem.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Since Skrulls are appearing in the Captain Marvel movie, I think they are building towards Secret Invasion.

So I would use Doom similar to how he was used in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. He can debut in a movie kidnappnig someone, which makes him look like the villain. But in reality he realized the Skrulls were out there before everyone else, and by the time we get the Avengers: Secret Invasion movie DOom will actually help the heroes with the Skrulls.
    My prevailing theory right now is that like the comics and as you say they are heading towards a Secret Invasion film to round off Phase 4, either as the next Avengers movie or as Captain Marvel's second film (sort of similar to Captain America: Civil War where the Avengers appear but Carol leads them and is essentially the core focus) but also that we will get Dark Reign adapted via introducing Norman Osborn and maybe have him and Doom be part of a MCU version of the Cabal (whilst hopefully also working towards getting the Illuminati into the MCU too). Then have Phase 5 be partly Dark Reign based with Dark Avengers and Spider-Man: Sinister Six movies and partly Doom and Magneto working to be a trio of big bads with Norman (who is ultimately pushed out of power with a Thor: Siege film, assuming Thor's still in play or if the Asgardians can still be important anyway).