Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've been thinking of sea animals to associate each member of the Aquafamily with.

So far I have:

Dragon for Garth - dragons depending on the culture have power of water and fire both abilities that Garth.

Eels for Jackson - He has eel tattoos and the electric powers.

Dolphin for Dolphin - Well yeah.

Anyone got any ideas?
    I'd imagine Garth to be more like a serpent but a water dragon is fine.

Lagoon boy is probably a puffer fish

Something I noticed while looking over the Aquafamily is that a lot of them seem to have a theme of being outcasts of not really fitting in either Atlantis or on Earth.

Arthur: Atlantian human hybrid who constantly has to fight for his royal birthright

Garth: Hated and feared because of his purple eyes.

Mera: A native of Xebel, a kingdom that has feuded with Atlantis

Jackson Hyde: Atlantian human hybrid and son of Atlantis’ most infamous enemy. His Rebirth incarnation also showed him having issues gaining acceptance due to his homosexuality.

Koryak: Atlantian human hybrid.

Lorena: Human transformed into an Atlantian by technology.

Dolphin: Her original incarnation was simply a human who was altered to be able to survive underwater. She wasn’t even really an Atlantean prior to Rebirth.

Lagoon Boy: Arthur allowing him into Atlantis was met with protests for being an outsider and his appearance.

Should we consider Dolphin as part of the Aquafam?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Absolutely! Are you insane?

In classic continuity she helped Aquaman get out of a deep depression and became one of his closest allies. She was even involved with Aquaman for a time and while she wasn't "the great love of his life" (that role belongs to Mera), he did have feelings for her. Later she and Garth married and had a child.

In "Rebirth" continuity Dolphin again helped Aquaman regain his confidence and self-belief. She's one of his closest friends and allies, and she helped save Atlantis on multiple occasions.

How could we possibly not consider Dolphin part of the Aqua-family? That makes no sense!
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 04-12-2019 at 08:30 AM.

She's been seen as an Aqua character since the 90s so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She's been seen as an Aqua character since the 90s so yes.
    The one in Abnett’s run wasn’t a new version?
    Loool nvm.

Incredible Member

YES She was a new version. Again, are you insane?

Pre-Rebirth Dolphin was a human who'd been experimented on by aliens. Rebirth Dolphin is a sea-changed Atlantean, also her original version didn't have the blue scales or bioluminescence powers.

Not that it matters since EVERY rebirth character is a new version. Rebirth Garth is a new version. Rebirth Mera is a new version. Rebirth Aquaman is a new version. Why aren't you complaining about them?

Loool nvm.
    What the hell is your problem?

A pity aquababy was killed in one of the lowest points reached in comics, he could have grown into a very interesting character as an adult. inheriting not just his parents powers, but also sides of their characters, disagreeing with both Mera and Arthur as kids do with parents while growing up, his exploring of the surface world with a secret identity etc.
    A wasted opportunity.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    A pity aquababy was killed in one of the lowest points reached in comics, he could have grown into a very interesting character as an adult. inheriting not just his parents powers, but also sides of their characters, disagreeing with both Mera and Arthur as kids do with parents while growing up, his exploring of the surface world with a secret identity etc.
    Both of Arthur's sons being killed was a wasted opportunity.

Loool nvm.
    Yes but so was every version of a character that appeared in that run.

Dolphin has been an Aquaman character since she was used in the Peter David run.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Totally wasted opportunity.

Maybe it's time for Eldoris Curry (maybe/kinda/sorta) daughter of Arthur and Mera from the future(!) to time travel backwards and spend time with her folks.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    YES She was a new version. Again, are you insane?

Pre-Rebirth Dolphin was a human who'd been experimented on by aliens. Rebirth Dolphin is a sea-changed Atlantean, also her original version didn't have the blue scales or bioluminescence powers.

Not that it matters since EVERY rebirth character is a new version. Rebirth Garth is a new version. Rebirth Mera is a new version. Rebirth Aquaman is a new version. Why aren't you complaining about them?

What the hell is your problem?

I’m not complaining, I asked a damn question. No need to be an ass. You could just ignore me.

Incredible Member

I’m not complaining, I asked a damn question. No need to be an ass. You could just ignore me.
    You asked a question that did not make sense and I want to know what prompted it. Dolphin has more than earned her place as a member of the Aqua-family. It's insulting to imply otherwise.

I was not being an ass. I also asked a question. I asked "how could we possibly not consider Dolphin part of the Aqua-family?" I don't get how you could possibly doubt her place in the Aqua-family and I want to know what made you think so.

Also you asked if "The one in Abnett’s run wasn’t a new version?" What difference does that make? If you think being a new version counts against her and she shouldn't be considered an Aqua-family member because of that, then why don't you apply that same reasoning to Garth, Mera or anyone else? Why is it only Dolphin that you're attacking?

Again, I am not being an ass. I too am merely asking questions because I want to know.

If I just ignored you I would not get answers.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 04-13-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    You asked a question that did not make sense and I want to know what prompted it. Dolphin has more than earned her place as a member of the Aqua-family. It's insulting to imply otherwise.

I was not being an ass. I also asked a question. I asked "how could we possibly not consider Dolphin part of the Aqua-family?" I don't get how you could possibly doubt her place in the Aqua-family and I want to know what made you think so.

Also you asked if "The one in Abnett’s run wasn’t a new version?" What difference does that make? If you think being a new version counts against her and she shouldn't be considered an Aqua-family member because of that, then why don't you apply that same reasoning to Garth, Mera or anyone else? Why is it only Dolphin that you're attacking?

Again, I am not being an ass. I too am merely asking questions because I want to know.

If I just ignored you I would not get answers.
    tbh, since new52, the term aquafam currently doesn't make sense anymore, if dolphin/tula/garth/mera/arthur are part or not has no importance anymore, I don't see a 360 degree return to pre new52.