Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Steve Trevor's family

Would it be bad to have Steve's family appear? In the golden age we know Steve had a niece. I mean wouldn't it be nice to see Diana training the niece in the art of the amazons?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It would not be bad at all to flesh out his character and backstory. I had hoped when Steve was introduced as the head of ARGUS (or whatever he was) we might get a series with his as a lead and that would drive the writers to flesh him out a little more. As such, maybe Ms. Wilson will provide some depth to his character and person.

New 52 gave him a sister, Tracy Trevor. It'd be interesting to see her again, maybe as a lumberjane or some other career not typically associated with women. Or go the opposite route and have her be a supermodel or something that can show skeptical Amazons that feminism can take many different forms.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    New 52 gave him a sister, Tracy Trevor. It'd be interesting to see her again, maybe as a lumberjane or some other career not typically associated with women. Or go the opposite route and have her be a supermodel or something that can show skeptical Amazons that feminism can take many different forms.
    Do you mean feminism (as in the ideology) or femininity (as in the personal expression of women)?

For the former, I guess Amazons will be sympathetic but befuddled. For the latter, I'm of the firm opinion that the Amazons already know and accept that in their bones.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Do you mean feminism (as in the ideology) or femininity (as in the personal expression of women)?

For the former, I guess Amazons will be sympathetic but befuddled. For the latter, I'm of the firm opinion that the Amazons already know and accept that in their bones.
    The former.

Arrow

Jeez, I often forget Steve even has a family these days as so little has been done with them in forever. That said, I'm all for Steve's fam being used more often to add drama.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Didn't he, at one point, have an evil brother? I forget his name, but he was the head of some evil organization. There are interesting story possibilities there, I think.

As long as we keep away from unnecessary complexities like Diana Trevor as the inspiration to Wonder Woman's name, I'm okay with it.

I don’t mind if Diana Trevor was around. Now he had a niece in the golden age. I wouldn’t mind Diana training her. Maybe she will be the next Wonder girl

Also wasn't Tracy Trevor a widow with a son? I believe so, that's why she had a chip on her shoulder IIRC.

Even if we don't see them much how should they be used and be important in Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Didn't he, at one point, have an evil brother? I forget his name, but he was the head of some evil organization. There are interesting story possibilities there, I think.
    Yup, his name was Greg Trevor and he worked for a secret spy organization called 'The Organization' which was so off the books that nobody knew any of its operatives were even alive. He was jelous of his brother and hated superheroes so he founded 'U.N.R.E.S.T’ the 'United Nationals for Revelation of Essential Secret Technologies’ claiming they were opposed to superheroes because they were hoarding technology which could better the world. In reality though he just wanted to kill the supers and somehow claim the spotlight he believed his brother to be hoarding.

I recall Steve also had a neice in the golden age. Giganta mistook Steves niece for her dead daughter and kidnapped her.

Would this help Steve still more interesting? Golden Age Steve did other things besides being a military man. I don't mind him being in the military. I just think it would add more seeing him interacting with his family and doing other things. Like helping his niece little league

Similarly to how we've explored and gotten to know Lois Lane's family over the years, it couldn't hurt to see Steve's interactions with his family as a way to support and broaden his character.

I'd love to write a story where Steve and Etta via ARGUS and Lois team up over investigating the shady, murky side of government that sets their sites on Sam Lane, Amanda Waller, and Steve's secret operative brother.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Would this help Steve still more interesting? Golden Age Steve did other things besides being a military man. I don't mind him being in the military. I just think it would add more seeing him interacting with his family and doing other things. Like helping his niece little league
    I'm down for anything that will flesh Steve and his world out more than just being Diana's boyfriend & damsel in distress.