Default Clubber Lang Vs Ivan Drago

Hey, you! Yes, you! The guy who was going to say "Drago STOMPS Lang you idiot lol" - I already know Drago beats Lang. That's not what this thread is about, so save your energy.

Because of the fact that Drago is widely known to be Rocky's toughest opponent, hypothetical fights like these rarely warrant any discussion, so I'm looking deeper into it.

Imagine, if you will, an alternate Rocky timeline in which Rocky becomes the World Heavyweight Champion for the first time when both Lang and Drago are emerging as major contenders.

In order to seal a fight with the champion, the two closest challengers have to face each other, with the winner getting a shot at Rocky's title.

If the idea of Lang versus Drago came up, how would things go?

- Would both fighters be keen to have the fight? Or, for example, would Lang want to avoid Drago?
    - If the fight was arranged, would Lang be as vocal as he was in the build-up to his fight with Rocky? Would Drago be more vocal than usual, given how vocal Lang is? How would the build-up go?
    - How would the fight actually go? Is it over in one round, with Lang laying lifeless on his back? Could he make it remotely difficult for Drago? Could he use his speed to make the fight go the distance? Does he actually have it in him to beat Drago, say, one time out of ten/twenty/one hundred? Is there actually a punch in his arsenal that can finish Drago off in any circumstances?
    - In the aftermath, assuming Lang lost, would he be humble? Would he want a rematch? Would he be scared to death of facing the Russian monster again? What about if Drago ended up losing somehow? What would his reaction be?

Basically, from the cradle to the grave - from its inception to its outcome - how would a fight between Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago go down? Pre-fight, during the fight, and after the fight.

ARGH! You have ruined my response. You're despicable!

- Would both fighters be keen to have the fight? Or, for example, would Lang want to avoid Drago?

I think Lang at that stage was too arrogant to consider that he could ever lose so he wouldn't want to avoid the fight.

- If the fight was arranged, would Lang be as vocal as he was in the build-up to his fight with Rocky? Would Drago be more vocal than usual, given how vocal Lang is? How would the build-up go?

Maybe not quite as vocal since he doesn't have to goad Drago into the fight. Considering how insulting Lang could get, there's a good chance he would die in the fight as Drago might be even more furious

- How would the fight actually go? Is it over in one round, with Lang laying lifeless on his back? Could he make it remotely difficult for Drago? Could he use his speed to make the fight go the distance? Does he actually have it in him to beat Drago, say, one time out of ten/twenty/one hundred? Is there actually a punch in his arsenal that can finish Drago off in any circumstances?

Given a hundred fights, he might win a couple but I suspect it's over in two rounds at best as he'll just go straight at Drago.

- In the aftermath, assuming Lang lost, would he be humble? Would he want a rematch? Would he be scared to death of facing the Russian monster again? What about if Drago ended up losing somehow? What would his reaction be?

We never really see if Lang demanded a rematch. I always took it that his confidence was shattered. The bully got stomped and now he's a chicken. I think I'll stick with how I always imagined it. Lang disappears never to be heard from again, unable to deal with getting beaten.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    go ended up losing somehow? What would his reaction be?

We never really see if Lang demanded a rematch. I always took it that his confidence was shattered. The bully got stomped and now he's a chicken. I think I'll stick with how I always imagined it. Lang disappears never to be heard from again, unable to deal with getting beaten.
    IIRC, WoG is that Lang turned to Religion after losing to Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    IIRC, WoG is that Lang turned to Religion after losing to Rocky
    Not sure what WoG stands for.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Not sure what WoG stands for.
    Word of Gary, the ultimate pop-culture knowledge resource.

ARGH! You have ruined my response. You're despicable!
    Well there you go - you got to call me "despicable" instead of an "idiot"

Cool reply, by the way.