Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Black Bolt cameo'd in doctor strange today and he and several others are going to help him fight Galactus next month
    Did they explain where he came from or what he and his family are doing?

No. It's literally just a group shot of a bunch of heroes at the very end of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Did they explain where he came from or what he and his family are doing?
    Nope, might even be time displaced because there was a couple dead people in the line up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=aqmydXsepN4

Japanese trailer for Marvel ultimate alliance 3. Medusa appears 24 seconds in. Still no proof of her and anyone else being playable but she exist in a cut scene at least.

It seems Black Bolt is in there somewhere too giving one of his famous one liners

Last edited by mung; 06-27-2019 at 10:57 PM.

So probably NPCs. Cool they're at least showing up as side characters.

I really wish they were playable. We don't have confirmation that they are only NPCs at this point, right? But even if they are NPCs, since they have models it wouldn't be too hard to imagine they could potentially show up in a future DLC pack if the game does well.

If they're showing them but only in cut scenes or as support characters (Black Bolt is not in the party in that screen), that'd lend towards them being NPCs. There are gonna be a lot of them, from the looks of things. The fact that, as mentioned, the official website lists the in-game teams as Avengers, Guardians, X-Men and Defenders but no Inhumans designation also points to this, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If they're showing them but only in cut scenes or as support characters (Black Bolt is not in the party in that screen), that'd lend towards them being NPCs. There are gonna be a lot of them, from the looks of things. The fact that, as mentioned, the official website lists the in-game teams as Avengers, Guardians, X-Men and Defenders but no Inhumans designation also points to this, unfortunately.
    I have not given up hope. Haha. The points you make are certainly valid, but I wouldn't trust the team affiliations on the website. There quite a few that are weird or at least stretch the team affiliation. Wanda is arguably more an Avenger than an X-Men, for example.

Crystal, they could have given her the Avengers team affiliation, but gave her nothing, which doesn't make a lot of sense to leave it blank. Especially, since the Inhumans have been mentioned by developers as available teams.

I think right now it is still pretty 50/50. If you think about it, they are doing some weird things with the marketing material, as well. Ant-Man was shown on t-shirts and official merchandise but he is also shown to be in nothing but cutscenes. Seems weird to allocate a slot on marketing material to a character that is potentially only NPC. Yeah, he is in the MCU and well-liked, but I still would rather promote a character you can actually play since the game will sell regardless of his inclusion or not.

If they are playable or not, I just appreciate their inclusion. The Inhumans have not been treated nicely as of late.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 06-28-2019 at 12:38 AM.

I have not given up hope. Haha. The points you make are certainly valid, but I wouldn't trust the team affiliations on the website. There quite a few that are weird or at least stretch the team affiliation. Wanda is arguably more an Avenger than an X-Men, for example.
    That's a licensing thing, most likely. She and Quicksilver are often included in X-Men-related media (and I'm guessing this is why even during her appearances in the MCU, they were often absent from Disney related productions). If they don't mention an Inhumans team at all, I'm gonna assume they're not fielding one, unfortunate as that is.

Crystal, they could have given her the Avengers team affiliation, but gave her nothing, which doesn't make a lot of sense to leave it blank. Especially, since the Inhumans have been mentioned by developers as available teams.
    I mean, the same could be said for Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales, all of whom have been Avengers as well.

That's a licensing thing, most likely. She and Quicksilver are often included in X-Men-related media (and I'm guessing this is why even during her appearances in the MCU, they were often absent from Disney related productions). If they don't mention an Inhumans team at all, I'm gonna assume they're not fielding one, unfortunate as that is.

I mean, the same could be said for Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales, all of whom have been Avengers as well.
    But why wouldn't you just leave the team affiliation blank if that is an option? As far as Spider-Man, Miles and Kamala are concerned, I think it might have something to do with the fact that they are/were the leads in their own franchise or books. They have been parts of teams, but I feel like They have more of an identity outside of teams.

As I said, you are probably right that they are NPCs, which is better than nothing. But the developers have stated that not all characters have been revealed yet and I'm not ready to give up my hope just yet. Haha.

But why wouldn't you just leave the team affiliation blank if that is an option?
    Because like I said, it's a probably a licensing thing.

As far as Spider-Man, Miles and Kamala are concerned, I think it might have something to do with the fact that they are/were the leads in their own franchise or books. They have been parts of teams, but I feel like They have more of an identity outside of teams.
    That could be said for several of the heroes who have their own team affiliations here. Like, at this point, I don't know why they'd lie about the Inhumans not being in the game as a surprise or something when they've already unveiled most of the cast, including characters who are bigger deals. Kamala, the most popular Inhuman, was among the earliest reveals.

There's still a good chance we could see Medusa and/or Black Bolt in the Marvel Knights DLC, but I think by now the ship has sailed on them being in the base roster.

Here is a character showcase for Crystal. It shows a part of a cutscene that is most likely her introduction to the roster. Also, you get a good look at some of her skills including her extreme attack.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 06-28-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Because like I said, it's a probably a licensing thing.

That could be said for several of the heroes who have their own team affiliations here. Like, at this point, I don't know why they'd lie about the Inhumans not being in the game as a surprise or something when they've already unveiled most of the cast, including characters who are bigger deals. Kamala, the most popular Inhuman, was among the earliest reveals.

There's still a good chance we could see Medusa and/or Black Bolt in the Marvel Knights DLC, but I think by now the ship has sailed on them being in the base roster.
    Yeah. It very well could be. As I said, I am just happy that they are represented at all.

EDIT redundant
    Last edited by Holt; 06-28-2019 at 11:44 AM.