Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Bill claiming the majority of Inhumans are dead or hiding is odd because there's no on-panel proof or dialog that New Attilan was attacked or that the Inhumans based there are hiding, unless the population of New Arctilan dwarfed it and thus magnified the body count.
    I think Marvel's given up on all the Nuhumans that aren't Kamala Khan, Moon Girl or the kids in the Marvel Rising stuff.

As for the in hiding thing, I'm pretty sure keeping them off the board for now is exactly what it is, tbh. When Death of the Inhumans came out, I said this just seemed like nuking the current status quo because things hadn't quite worked out the way Marvel was planning, and that the ending seemed to gel with that. I'm betting when we see the Royals again it'll be a more traditional take once again.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-16-2019 at 09:45 AM.

I really hope we get a writer that truly care about the Inhumans and the characters so they wont be hostages of Cates awfulnes and bad plotting.

Again, I doubt Cates was the one who decided to put the Inhumans on ice for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Again, I doubt Cates was the one who decided to put the Inhumans on ice for the time being.
    Yeah, despite his "claims" of coming up with the mini series on his own, after reading it, it's so obvious that editorial forced him to write it from the start (especially obvious for his lack of care nor interest towards the characters nor the plot. He was more interested in writing Beta Ray Bill, turning the royal family in background characters)

So I really hope for a true good writer with true care for the characters to pick them in the future, so they'll be free from Cates.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It just occurred to me that if Spider-Man: Far From Home officially introduces the Multiverse to the MCU, we (and Marvel) can just wish off the TV mini series as set in another Earth, and that the real Royal Family will show up in the main MCU Earth sooner or later.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It just occurred to me that if Spider-Man: Far From Home officially introduces the Multiverse to the MCU, we (and Marvel) can just wish off the TV mini series as set in another Earth, and that the real Royal Family will show up in the main MCU Earth sooner or later.

I had the exact same thought. It's the easiest way to explain a new interpretation of the Inhuman Royal Family. Call it a what if or just say that was another Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about all of this. First of all, why does Black Bolt have "no powers"? Black Bolt has always possessed powers aside from his voice. Or did slitting his throat also affect his ability to manipulate the electrons around him?
    Cates wrote that Black Bolt doesn't have any powers besides his Voice in DOTI. Not just the usual no matter/energy manipulation most writers pull he had NO OTHER POWERS no flight or super strength. I think it is more likely that Bill and Lockjaw will have a chapter/arc where they fight Vox because Cates is clearly interested in pushing them as a duo. The Royals probably won't show up for more than cameo especially if BB can't help in fight.

please god make marvel stop giving ewing weird special projects so he can relaunch this franchise
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Here's another panel this time from CBR's article:

Bill claiming the majority of Inhumans are dead or hiding is odd because there's no on-panel proof or dialog that New Attilan was attacked or that the Inhumans based there are hiding, unless the population of New Arctilan dwarfed it and thus magnified the body count.
    Obviously, we have no idea how timelines add up, but New Attilan is still standing in Marvel Rising.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I get that writing inhuman comics is hard, but Cates's story built up to nothing. He can't even say that the majority of the inhumans are dead because a big chunck of them are on Earth. And saying Black Bolt hasn't got any of the powers without his voice is like saying Spidey without his spider sense is powerless. It's sad that he's dragging his continuity even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I get that writing inhuman comics is hard, but Cates's story built up to nothing. He can't even say that the majority of the inhumans are dead because a big chunck of them are on Earth.
    Like I said previously, it seems pretty clear Marvel has no interest in the Nuhumans other than the select few popular ones at this point. So when he says the majority of the Inhumans are dead, he's pretty clearly recentering the focus on the Royals (which I suspected was the point of DOTI in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    please god make marvel stop giving ewing weird special projects so he can relaunch this franchise
    That would be absolutely stellar.

Like I said previously, it seems pretty clear Marvel has no interest in the Nuhumans other than the select few popular ones at this point. So when he says the majority of the Inhumans are dead, he's pretty clearly recentering the focus on the Royals (which I suspected was the point of DOTI in the first place).

That would be absolutely stellar.
    In DOTI they killed 3 post t-bomb inhumans and some universal inhumans. They never mentioned the killing of any inhumans on Earth. The "Royals" book centered around the House of Agon. They didn't do anything different except kill what Hickman and Kirby established. They focused on them before in a seperate book. Ms Marvel, Moongirl, and everyone living in New Attilan are still inhumans.

They just wanted to make another "Death of [insert name here]" story.

Ms Marvel, Moongirl, and everyone living in New Attilan are still inhumans.
    Right, that's why I specified Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl and the Marvel Rising characters will likely continue forward. The others? Probably not so much.

They just wanted to make another "Death of [insert name here]" story.
    They wanted to close the book on the current Inhumanity era of the Inhumans. The final issue dropped in November, and here we are in May with the Inhumans still not in their own book and with nothing on the horizon as far as the available solicits for the coming months have revealed. The actions have spoken louder than the words here (no pun intended).

Right, that's why I specified Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl and the Marvel Rising characters will likely continue forward. The others? Probably not so much.

They wanted to close the book on the current Inhumanity era of the Inhumans. The final issue dropped in November, and here we are in May with the Inhumans still not in their own book and with nothing on the horizon as far as the available solicits for the coming months have revealed. The actions have spoken louder than the words here (no pun intended).
    All of the new inhumans you mentioned are a lot. They aren't abandoning newer inhumans. The rest is basically your take on something based on what you want to see happen rather than what is actually there.

This won't be the first time Marvel stops wrtiting stories about a set of characters. They caved to some comic book readers' cynicism and unwarrented hate of the inhumans, which continues to this day even after they've been canceled for over half a year.

All of the new inhumans you mentioned are a lot.
    Not really?

The rest is basically your take on something based on what you want to see happen rather than what is actually there.
    It really isn't. It's me reading the room. The ending of the series and now the subsequent follow-up all point to that.

This won't be the first time Marvel stops wrtiting stories about a set of characters. They caved to some comic book readers' cynicism and unwarrented hate of the inhumans, which continues to this day even after they've been canceled for over half a year.
    More like they eventually put an end to the push they'd been doing for several years because the sales just weren't that great. It sucks, but it happens. But again, that was the point of the ending of DOTI and the frequent comparisons to the fall of the Roman Empire. The push and status quo that began with Inhumanity is over.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-17-2019 at 11:23 AM.