Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So with the other Inhuman related books not mentionning the events of DotI does anyone think the next Inhuman book will just retcon somethings out or completely ignore it.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So with the other Inhuman related books not mentionning the events of DotI does anyone think the next Inhuman book will just retcon somethings out or completely ignore it.
    It depends who the next writer is. The only thing it contributed to inhuman-lore was the inhumans that dont need to go through Terrigenisis. Vox ended up being no one important, just disguised inhumans that were thought dead. So the only thing the next writer can take away would be Ronan's death and a new breed of inhumans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It depends who the next writer is. The only thing it contributed to inhuman-lore was the inhumans that dont need to go through Terrigenisis. Vox ended up being no one important, just disguised inhumans that were thought dead. So the only thing the next writer can take away would be Ronan's death and a new breed of inhumans.
    And y'know Maximus.

BANNED

So what is the difference between inhumans and the eternals. There both pronto-mutants, ancestors to the mutants... is that accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    So what is the difference between inhumans and the eternals. There both pronto-mutants, ancestors to the mutants... is that accurate?
    The Celestials came down to Earth and gave proto-humans the potential for advancement. They went a step further with the eternals and deviants, and made superhumans themselves. The Kree came down to Earth and experimented on the proto-humans to give them powers/appearances that mimic those of intergalactic species which they would later try to take down by infiltrating them from within, that's why they all look different. Mutants are proto-humans>humans>superhumans/mutants, i.e. the next step in human development. The Celestials made the Eternals to all look like humans with the same power set with a few extras and they are immortals. The inhumans are completely different from one another, have to go through the Terrigen Mists, and are mortal. They are all from Earth, but different humanoids.

The new Marvel history book says adds another turn, but they haven't established it elsewhere yet, and Hickman might change stuff in the new X-Men series.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Humans were split into Eternals, Deviants, and the rest. The rest had the potential for the X-Gene. The rest was also later split between humans and Inhumans when the Kree experimented on them. They share the experimentation aspect of the Eternals but they're much more down to Earth. The Eternals have the abilities of gods while Inhumans are much more mutant-level.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We can add that the Kree were inspired by their discovery of the Uranian Eternals to create the Inhumans, so the Eternals as a whole played an indirect role.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

so where does the x-gene come from?

I think it's a gene that developed over time because of the genetic potential bestowed upon humans.

hickman pls confirm was it celestial zero's vomit or TUK THE BASED GOD
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hickman pls confirm was it celestial zero's vomit or TUK THE BASED GOD
    And that's when Hickman turned around and said Mutants aren't the next step in Human evolution. They are the next step in Inhuman evolution! Then he laughed all the way to the bank.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The Celestials came down to Earth and gave proto-humans the potential for advancement. They went a step further with the eternals and deviants, and made superhumans themselves. The Kree came down to Earth and experimented on the proto-humans to give them powers/appearances that mimic those of intergalactic species which they would later try to take down by infiltrating them from within, that's why they all look different. Mutants are proto-humans>humans>superhumans/mutants, i.e. the next step in human development. The Celestials made the Eternals to all look like humans with the same power set with a few extras and they are immortals. The inhumans are completely different from one another, have to go through the Terrigen Mists, and are mortal. They are all from Earth, but different humanoids.

The new Marvel history book says adds another turn, but they haven't established it elsewhere yet, and Hickman might change stuff in the new X-Men series.
    Inhumans are connected to Eternals in a way since Kree captured some Eternals and it inspires them to create Inhumans. I think Inhumans would have some sort of weaponized Eternals genes modified by the Kree in them.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

A more significant connection between Inhumans and Eternals happened during the transfer of Attilan to the Himalayas. While Black Bolt was scouting for a new isolated locale for their city, he came upon Ikaris, who after a brief confrontation brought him to Olympia. There Zuras recognized BB and learned of his mission, offering the Eternals' aid. They all flew to the Himalayas where the Eternals used their powers to excavate a pit for Attilan to settle into. When the city was flying over Europe en route the Eternals accompanied it and used their powers to erase the memories of the flight from witnesses.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I thought the kree found a Titan inhabitant and found out from examining it's DNA that it was originally from Earth (Titans are Eternals that rage quit the Earth). They then had the idea of making soldiers to help them fight the skrulls so they went to Earth and experimented on humans by inserting Eternal genes into their genome. However, while the experiments had these genes their epigenetics made the genes inactive. The kree thinking they were a failed experiment decided to cancel the experiments and leave the experimented people on Earth. The inhumans then were traumatized and didn't want to go back to the other humans and stuck together and made their own society.

As for mutants and what the x-gene was I always head cannoned that Eternals bred with a lot of humans and there are a lot of half human and half eternals. However, none of them have powers because like the inhumans their epigentics have all the eternal genes inactive and the proteins necessary for their powers to work can't be transcribed. Mutants I like to think have a mutation were a gene necessary to start the transcription of the one eternal gene is active. This causes them to have one power or sometimes more. Also humans that suddenly have powers from being exposed to chemicals or radiation or whatever I like to pretend are half human half eternals and the chemicals or whatever changed their epigentics and activated inactive eternal genes.

Oh and I like to tell myself on M Day transposable elements in their mutant's genome where inserted into the x-gene disrupting its function. The mutants who kept their powers didn't have transposable elements to move into the x-gene.

However, people who write comics don't have biochemistry degrees or an actual understanding of science so I doubt my head cannon that uses actual science is anywhere close to what the actual cannon is.

Incredible Member

Man, I miss me some Inhumans books. And in an alternate universe we'd be getting an Inhumans movie right about now instead of Eternals (no offense but does Feige really have a passion for the Eternals but for some reason doesn't want to do Inhumans?)