Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But they were trying to use Inhumans as mutant substitutes, anyone that saw Agents of SHIELD at the time knows that. And the X-men being sidelined for properties Marvel owned the movie rights to was a well-known fact.
    Those mother flippers just used inhumans to ignite the x-men fans... they were never really thinking of replacing inhumans with mutants... They just want to create all kinds of back leash to bring mutants to home and they threw inhumans to the fire at the process.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

But they were trying to use Inhumans as mutant substitutes, anyone that saw Agents of SHIELD at the time knows that. And the X-men being sidelined for properties Marvel owned the movie rights to was a well-known fact.
    They've always been similar to mutants. They were made by the same creators. They knew what they were doing. They weren't substitutes because they had a different origin, and were making X-Men films and TV shows at the same time. Captain America: Civil War introduced the Sokovia Accords and it was not an invention just for the inhumans. The comics version of Civil War didn't just target the mutants. Were past this. They've cancelled inhumans books and mutants have more books. Holdig a grudge against fictional characters that people like isn't going to help anyone.

Mighty Member

The problem with increasing the amount of Inhumans to shill the Inhumans as the new X-Men is that it betrays one of the basic premises of the Inhumans. They are a glimpse into what a superhuman society would look like had they been allowed to run their course. You get competing individuals for the throne, political marriages, and wars. That was the best thing about the Inhumans.

I don't mind increasing the Inhuman population, but I would find it so much more satisfying when the Inhumans play a political and social thriller more. You could have had these new Inhumans try to integrate themselves into Inhuman society after being chased off for being a lot like mutants only to feel like an outsider in their own race. You could have had these NuHumans push democracy towards Attilan's monarchy. You could have had elitism between the Inhumans of Attilan and other Inhuman cities that would prop up due to many assuming isolationist movements against humans.

There is an alternate universe where IvX helped both brands instead of hurt both brands.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

the Inhumans should retain their ancient and Kree related origins. But... maybe Captain Marvel can introduce the Universal Inhumans and *that* plot can connect us back to Earth's Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Those mother flippers just used inhumans to ignite the x-men fans... they were never really thinking of replacing inhumans with mutants... They just want to create all kinds of back leash to bring mutants to home and they threw inhumans to the fire at the process.

The people behind the Inhumans strategy were as the executives behind theNew Coke: they were not that dumb, and they were not that smart. Simply, they don't understood what makes the inhumans different from the x-men and only saw them as the perfect expies to be used in other mediums, as in tv and movie adaptations. They needed to make normal people who discovered they were from another species and had superpowers. They could had gone in other routes but they went with the concept more similar to the X-men. They could had used the other secret cities, introduced more racially different inhabitants of Attilan, or even, people of Attilan wanted to live in New York, whatever.
    Also, the inhumans were not only victims in a poor planned marketing strategy, but als the collateral damage of the struggles between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertaiment. A fight than was won by Feige and his first decision was to cancel the inhumans movie, the pet proyect of the creative comittee of Marvel Entertaiment. The Inhumans series was the way than MarvelE tried to salvage all the franchise.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Feige: Thanos is on the way out, so we've established the Kree as a major antagonistic force in the MCU with only a portion of their true power shown!

Also Feige: LeT'S dO eTeRnALS
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The TV shows are not the comics. Agents of SHIELD couldn't have used mutants even if they wanted to, that's why they did that. That has nothing to do with the plans of the comics.

Also, anyone who read Soule's run would realize that he didn't just use them as fill-ins for the mutants and they wouldn't have replaced them if that had been the intent.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    There is an alternate universe where IvX helped both brands instead of hurt both brands.
    All they had to do for that was simple: bad guys- say, Maximus and the Shadow King- are manipulating both sides into a conflict, but, in the end, the Inhumans and X-men join forces to defeat them, and any heroes blamed for the mess- say, Cyclops- are revealed to be alive and completely innocent.

But NOOOOOOOO, we need to throw Emma under the bus because bitches be crazy when they lose their man, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The people behind the Inhumans strategy were as the executives behind theNew Coke: they were not that dumb, and they were not that smart. Simply, they don't understood what makes the inhumans different from the x-men and only saw them as the perfect expies to be used in other mediums, as in tv and movie adaptations. They needed to make normal people who discovered they were from another species and had superpowers. They could had gone in other routes but they went with the concept more similar to the X-men. They could had used the other secret cities, introduced more racially different inhabitants of Attilan, or even, people of Attilan wanted to live in New York, whatever.
    Also, the inhumans were not only victims in a poor planned marketing strategy, but als the collateral damage of the struggles between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertaiment. A fight than was won by Feige and his first decision was to cancel the inhumans movie, the pet proyect of the creative comittee of Marvel Entertaiment. The Inhumans series was the way than MarvelE tried to salvage all the franchise.
    Exactly. People denying this weren't following the internal disputes at Marvel at the time.

Astonishing Member

All they had to do for that was simple: bad guys- say, Maximus and the Shadow King- are manipulating both sides into a conflict, but, in the end, the Inhumans and X-men join forces to defeat them, and any heroes blamed for the mess- say, Cyclops- are revealed to be alive and completely innocent.

But NOOOOOOOO, we need to throw Emma under the bus because bitches be crazy when they lose their man, amirite?

Exactly. People denying this weren't following the internal disputes at Marvel at the time.
    Nobody is denying Feige fighting to keep the MCU separate, that's a different matter altogether. Him canceling the movie/it being collateral still doesn't change that. The comics are its own thing and for s while Inhumans were doing their own thing with Soule/Uncanny until they were dragged into events hell against mutants.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

I would have preferred an alternate universe where Marvel didn't give Fraction the boot and replaced him with boring company yes-man Soule, who spent more time trying to build up his personal creations instead of trying to write a half-decent story.

Thanks to the efforts of Soule, Ewing and Cates, the Inhumans franchise is the worst its ever been, it's no wonder Marvel has no desire to even touch it right now.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A fight than was won by Feige and his first decision was to cancel the inhumans movie, the pet proyect of the creative comittee of Marvel Entertaiment. The Inhumans series was the way than MarvelE tried to salvage all the franchise.
    This is a rumor at best. They pushed back Inhumans when they acquired Spider-Man and decided to make Ant-Man 2. I don't think he really hates any Marvel property. He seemed more annoyed than relieved when they released the series.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The problem with increasing the amount of Inhumans to shill the Inhumans as the new X-Men is that it betrays one of the basic premises of the Inhumans. They are a glimpse into what a superhuman society would look like had they been allowed to run their course. You get competing individuals for the throne, political marriages, and wars. That was the best thing about the Inhumans.

I don't mind increasing the Inhuman population, but I would find it so much more satisfying when the Inhumans play a political and social thriller more. You could have had these new Inhumans try to integrate themselves into Inhuman society after being chased off for being a lot like mutants only to feel like an outsider in their own race. You could have had these NuHumans push democracy towards Attilan's monarchy. You could have had elitism between the Inhumans of Attilan and other Inhuman cities that would prop up due to many assuming isolationist movements against humans.
    They were never shilled as the new X-Men. The X-Men never went anywhere else. The basic premise of the inhumans is that they are race made to be warriors who has hidden amongst humanity for millennia. "Inifinity" and "Inhumanity" abided by the concept that they were a hidden race hidden amongst the humans. They did introduce new cities in the books, but they did get rid of the monarchy, which was a move in the direction of democracy is better for a people. There will always be superhero royalty, i.e. T'Challa and Namor, so they might go back and end democractic Attilan to make a constitutional monarchy.

They could have what you said, the cultural clashes, they discussed it a bit, but the book ended before they can get to it. They need more time to get this all out, but people were too busy attacking it because they didn't get that they needed to establish all of these things first.

I think this panel shows what the reality would be of anyone who sees an inhuman in a world where mutants have a dominant presence.

this is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The TV shows are not the comics. Agents of SHIELD couldn't have used mutants even if they wanted to, that's why they did that. That has nothing to do with the plans of the comics.

Also, anyone who read Soule's run would realize that he didn't just use them as fill-ins for the mutants and they wouldn't have replaced them if that had been the intent.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I should also add that Mosaic clearly had no intention of replacing the mutants

In many ways, the NuHumans felt a lot like traditional superhero origin story only the freak accident is a Terrigen Cloud.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

For while I thought Black Bolt made M-pox by accident or at least that's where I thought the story would go. Way back in Inhumanity Beast comments to Karnak that Terrigen should be deadly to humans and Karnak says that was not and those were not inhumans. Explaining both why those people turned and why Terrigen wasn't killing everyone. I imagined BB/Max did something to make it safe humans but accidentally made it deadly to mutants. The symptoms of M-pox looked a lot like what happened to the humans that used Terrigen in Silent War. I assumed they would be revealed to be related.