Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Them giving Quicksilver the Minn-Erva treatment would be unexpected.
    It would. With Gemma Chan at least you could argue she had a minor role and looked different enough in the part due to all the makeup. With Aaron, though, it's a little tougher to sell, since his character had a decent screentime and was very recognizable as Quicksilver. It's possible that a lot of people from the general audience won't remember him, but it's still an odd choice. If there's any truth to the rumor that he might be considered for this production, I seriously hope Marvel considers just bringing him back as Pietro instead. I can think of a few ways they could make that work in the context of the Inhumans, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Not to be a bummer but isn’t this someone regurgitating an old casting rumor (re Diesel) from back when the movie was still a thing?
    Vin Diesel was offering himself for the role back then, but I'm not sure if it was ever reported as a legitimate casting consideration. Anyway, this rumor is definitely new due to the Aaron Taylor-Johnson part. Now if it is true, I don't know. But like I said, I'm willing to believe it, 'cause all of the guys with casting scoop (Thomas Polito, Daniel Richtman) seemed to be on agreement that there was a casting for the Royal Family happening, the same people who were already reporting on the ongoing casting for the Ms. Marvel show. They also reported on an alleged script that was being offered to actresses, and according to them, those scripts mentioned the Terrigen mists. Charles Murphy, who is an insider that I actually trust (he was the one who broke the news about a gay character on Eternals), retweeted a tweet from Thomas Polito talking about the casting of the Royal Family, based on the fact that the show would start shooting sooner than expected, so there is already some casting info floating around.

I mean, yeah, there is always the chance that this is bullshit. But this is not coming from random sources is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It would. With Gemma Chan at least you could argue she had a minor role and looked different enough in the part due to all the makeup. With Aaron, though, it's a little tougher to sell, since his character had a decent screentime and was very recognizable as Quicksilver. It's possible that a lot of people from the general audience won't remember him, but it's still an odd choice. If there's any truth to the rumor that he might be considered for this production, I seriously hope Marvel considers just bringing him back as Pietro instead. I can think of a few ways they could make that work in the context of the Inhumans, actually.
    I mean, if he's not mentioned at all in WandaVision, then I think that will be really telling about how Marvel Studios views Quicksilver.

I'm curious if they might deal with that casting choice in-universe.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10...t-anson-mount/

As the article states, Anson Mount (Black Bolt in abc's Inhumans) has seemingly confirmed that even in Hollywood rumors are heavily circulating that Marvel is looking to recast and reboot the Inhumans!

I really hope this is true and I get a good depiction of Medusa this time aorund.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 10-21-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

As the article states, Anson Mount (Black Bolt in abc's Inhumans) has seemingly confirmed that even in Hollywood rumors are heavily circulating that Marvel is looking to recast and reboot the Inhumans!

I really hope this is true and I get a good depiction of Medusa this time aorund.
    Maaaaaan, Mount was such a solid casting, but it's good to see that he's in good spirits about the possibility of a reboot. Respect.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Maaaaaan, Mount was such a solid casting, but it's good to see that he's in good spirits about the possibility of a reboot. Respect.
    Yeah. I had absolutely no problem with Mount. And as you said, it is nice to see that he only wants what is best for the property and the characters. Hopefully the next go around will do the characters more justice than the previous attempt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Any reason to think rumors we hear are different from rumors Hollywood gets?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Any reason to think rumors we hear are different from rumors Hollywood gets?

Fan sites or social media fan accounts constantly post or make up rumors all the time as clickbait. I find Anson Mount and his mention of the trades a (slightly) more reliable source of information than a site like WEGotThisCovered or a YouTube channel like ComicBookCast2, et al. The rumors may not be different per se, but I find them more credible coming from an actor working in Hollywood.

As it stands, it is all rumors so it doesn't mean that it's true, but his comments do make me more hopeful than the rumors that have been periodically popping up since the cancellation of abc's Inhumans.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 10-21-2019 at 07:14 AM.

I think both actors for BB and Medusa were good/credible, but cgi for the hair was just not good enough. I felt the actors were okay/enough and might grow more into their roles, but the budget and rushing stuff sunk it. Too bad. I really wanted to like or love it . . .

Yes, I agree with this. Actors are more likely to have or get or find inside scoops. Or anyone who is employed there. That is why in some cases they threaten jobs, etc. for those who might spoil.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think both actors for BB and Medusa were good/credible, but cgi for the hair was just not good enough. I felt the actors were okay/enough and might grow more into their roles, but the budget and rushing stuff sunk it. Too bad. I really wanted to like or love it . . .
    I didn't think CGI hair would ever look good until I found out Brie Larson's hair was CGI in Captain Marvel and Endgame. Lockjaw looked decent. I think with a different director and a different story they would've done better. Since the pacing was so fast (and that dialogue...), there were times that Black Bolt's facial expressions looked clueless, and that part when Medusa was ordering the ATM to give her money for free because she was the queen of Attilan, it was not the best.

I think Maximus did the best acting, especially with what he was given. In general, the script was bad, the costumes were bad, Attilan looked bad, the art direction was atrocious, the story was weak, and it created an ensemble of low quality everything that the poor actors are tied to.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I didn't think CGI hair would ever look good until I found out Brie Larson's hair was CGI in Captain Marvel and Endgame. Lockjaw looked decent. I think with a different director and a different story they would've done better. Since the pacing was so fast (and that dialogue...), there were times that Black Bolt's facial expressions looked clueless, and that part when Medusa was ordering the ATM to give her money for free because she was the queen of Attilan, it was not the best.

I think Maximus did the best acting, especially with what he was given. In general, the script was bad, the costumes were bad, Attilan looked bad, the art direction was atrocious, the story was weak, and it created an ensemble of low quality everything that the poor actors are tied to.

...Wow. Did not know this .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I didn't think CGI hair would ever look good until I found out Brie Larson's hair was CGI in Captain Marvel and Endgame.
    I read that Medusa's animated CGI hair was the trickiest effect to do to make it look absolutely 3D realistic, which is understandable because one has to track all those hair strands (even if they can be bunched together), but I hope that the tech has improved to the point that very soon it should be comparatively easy.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think if they can do it with Carol they can do it with Medusa.

My Attilan Rising co-hosts and I decided to recast the Inhumans. What do you wall think?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast