Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    ooooooo bader's been max in some cartoons, that's that good ****
    His Maximus is much better written in Guardians then in Assemble if you want to check out his cartoon appearances. I think some of them are on the Marvel HQ channel.

I'm kind of more amazed they remembered Mary Faber voiced Medusa and Crystal given how long ago the last time she played them was. But that's the least of all the Inhuman inconsistencies that happened in the cartoons.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I don't know if anyone has seen Moebius's work, but it's always had an Attilan aesthetic. I love the sci-fo nature of the inhumans.

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 07-23-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Found some spoilers for The history of the marvel universe on bleeding cool
    spoilers:
    The finally name Tuk as an Inhuman. But the weird part is that call him the first inhuman offspring and credit him the reason humans are susceptible to mutation. I wonder if they are going to credit Attilan to someone else and have Tuk be the Inhuman that took over
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I actually went and read those issues. I had no idea how short it was. I kind of feel like someone should try and finish that story, even though I know there's no audience clamoring for it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

We'll see some new inhuman art in October

Mighty Member

There's a really cool moment in Waid's Dr. Strange for Black Bolt.

spoilers:
    He staggers Galactus
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Is this from the upcoming game?

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Is this from the upcoming game?
    The game's out already, but Crystal and Ms. Marvel are the only playable inhuman characters at the moment. It think these are just promotional artworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The game's out already, but Crystal and Ms. Marvel are the only playable inhuman characters at the moment. It think these are just promotional artworks.
    It's from the in-game Gallery. Every character that appears in the game gets an image with a bio.

So after reading "House of X", I feel this would have been a great start for a Inhumans story.

I get a strong Inhumams feel form this issue.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So after reading "House of X", I feel this would have been a great start for a Inhumans story.

I was thinking the same thing. And I was going to posting this

Maybe this is the wrong place but I was wondering how Inhumans fans feel about X-men current status quo. To me it feels like the direction they should have taken Inhumans at Marvel after the big inhuman push. The setup is Mutants is a unified nation using its assets as a bargain chip for a place power among the world nations. And they are gathering their citizens on earth to come home to their nation. Their home actually holds an entire world which is this freaky and scifi almost alien place and it has portals to different places including the Blue side of the moon and Mars.

My comment is not meant to try to take shots at the X-men or bring up any weird Inhuman/X-men beef. I became a bigger Inhuman fan when they start Nuhuman stuff. I could never picture Inhumans concept working at Marvel because I have always thought that the Royal family was bit flawed and held the Inhumans back as much they help. But when I saw the X-men set up in Hox and fully reading it. I realized I was wrong and the Inhumans could have worked pretty well if it was fleshed out. And the big key for me was seeing the map where in the world it was separated into sections. And Inhuman terms it would be The Royal Family land, Nuhuman Land, Maximus Land, The Unspoken Land, etc. So it would be possible to keep all the tradition of Inhumans being pretty isolationist with its own world and stories in it but have a connection to the earth with nuhumans being discovered and Inhumans reaching out to protect them on earth. It is a little bittersweet because you are seeing proof positive the concept works but Inhuman can't use that setup now.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-25-2019 at 08:12 AM.

I get a strong Inhumas feel form this issue.
    I also got a very Inhuman vibe from the story. I didn't mention it in the X-Men thread because I was afraid of starting some drama. Haha.

I feel as though the X-Men fans are very welcoming of another attempt at creating a mutant hub with their own culture and a place to feel safe (which is well-deserved) and be amongst themselves. The feeling of superiority I got from the mutants in this and them telling rather than asking has always been something I felt was more an Inhuman thing than X-Men, so it should be interesting to see how this develops.

At this point I am very much OK with it and intruiged, but it should be interesting to see how fans react now that the shoe is essentially on the other foot. Inhumans "encroaching" on mutant territory and plot points was not welcomed. So should there be more further and more obvious parallels to Inhumans going forward, I wonder how fans will feel about that.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 07-25-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Maybe this is the wrong place but I was wondering how Inhumans fans feel about X-men current status quo. To me it feels like the direction they should have taken Inhumans at Marvel after the big inhuman push. The setup is Mutants is a unified nation using its assets as a bargain chip for a place power among the world nations. And they are gathering their citizens on earth to come home to their nation. Their home actually holds an entire world which is this freaky and scifi almost alien place and it has portals to different places including the Blue side of the moon and Mars.

My comment is not meant to try to take shots at the X-men or bring up any weird Inhuman/X-men beef. I became a bigger Inhuman fan when they start Nuhuman stuff. I could never picture Inhumans concept working at Marvel because I have always thought that the Royal family was bit flawed and held the Inhumans back as much they help. But when I saw the X-men set up in Hox and fully reading it. I realized I was wrong and the Inhumans could have worked pretty well if it was fleshed out. And the big key for me was seeing the map where in the world it was separated into sections. And Inhuman terms it would be The Royal Family land, Nuhuman Land, Maximus Land, The Unspoken Land, etc. So it would be possible to keep all the tradition of Inhumans being pretty isolationist with its own world and stories in it but have a connection to the earth with nuhumans being discovered and Inhumans reaching out to protect them on earth. It is a little bittersweet because you are seeing proof positive the concept works but Inhuman can't use that setup now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    So should there be more further and more obvious parallels to Inhumans going forward, I wonder how fans will feel about that.
    Well, Hickman did create the universal inhumans and the lore of there being a schism amongst ancient inhumans that resulted in the worldwide population of "hidden" inhumans. Two things that reshaped the inhumans forever since they were just not bound to a secluded people living in a city to protect themselves from humankind. So I'm 100% positive he's going to change mutants forever.

In this aspect, I feel like they are giving the mutants a more inhuman tone: a language, a culture, a safe haven, and a community. To me mutants were kind of written to end up like inhumans, because after centuries of being negatively affected by humans, they chose to separate themselves to end all the abuse. However, the difference has always been that they will replace humans because mutants are humans evolving, so they are inevitable.

The mutants already had Genosha and Utopia, so the Attilan thing has been done by them. I don't think the inhumans were isolationist by choice, but rather by force. Because they are from Earth, but were forced to leave because of the human pollution that was killing them. That's why some X-Men fans started the conspiracy that mutants were going to flee to the Moon with the T-Cloud.

While it does feel like something the Inhumans would do I'm not sure if they are in a position to do it. There wasn't enough Inhuman hate to push them to go full lockdown like the mutants or push nuhumans to flock to their city. More could and should be done with Attilan I don't think there is a map of new Attilan and they didn't do much with inner workings of the old one.
    attilan.jpg