Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Man, I miss me some Inhumans books. And in an alternate universe we'd be getting an Inhumans movie right about now instead of Eternals (no offense but does Feige really have a passion for the Eternals but for some reason doesn't want to do Inhumans?)
    Inhumans was mainly Perlmutters passion project and the only reason Feige initially wanted to do an Inhumans movie was to make Perlmutter happy so that he’ll allow Captain Marvel and Black Panther to be made. Once Feige no longer had to answer to Perlmutter, Inhumans was quick to get the axe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Inhumans was mainly Perlmutters passion project and the only reason Feige initially wanted to do an Inhumans movie was to make Perlmutter happy so that he’ll allow Captain Marvel and Black Panther to be made. Once Feige no longer had to answer to Perlmutter, Inhumans was quick to get the axe.
    Yeah, I know and that's the puzzling part. He isn't interested in doing Inhumans but is gung-ho for Eternals, who are essentially less interesting (and less popular) versions of the Inhumans? That makes no sense.

Yeah, I know and that's the puzzling part. He isn't interested in doing Inhumans but is gung-ho for Eternals, who are essentially less interesting (and less popular) versions of the Inhumans? That makes no sense.
    eternals do have celestials, who are much better than the eternals
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ms. Marvel's on the big new Marvel Universe group shot poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ms. Marvel's on the big new Marvel Universe group shot poster.

Would be more surprising if she didn't show up .

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Marvel, make it happen! I need a Medusa fix.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I don't believe that rumor. I don't think he hates any property and was exited to see anything from Kirby and Stan Lee made by him. They took the project away from him if anything. He'll probably wait for the Fantastic Four to bring them in of they every see a screen.

At this point Marvel could make a movie out of literally anything, so the comparative lack of popularity means little. But he was probably less than interested in the effort to push Inhumans as mutant substitutes in the MCU, particularly since he was playing the long game and knew he'd have access to the actual mutants sooner or later.

She has mentioned this a few times before and was excited to write her in the wedding fantastic four special. A lot of it seems to be because she likes to write red heads but I wonder if she has actually been pitching Medusa books behind the scenes.

At this point Marvel could make a movie out of literally anything, so the comparative lack of popularity means little. But he was probably less than interested in the effort to push Inhumans as mutant substitutes in the MCU, particularly since he was playing the long game and knew he'd have access to the actual mutants sooner or later.
    I don't think Feige's relationship with Perlmutter (who was really pushing for the Inhumans) helped any.

They made a clear distinction with Terrigenisis and the Kree "makers" in AOS. He probably would have connected it with Captain Marvel since it was supposed to come before Inhumans and introduce the Kree war. The mutant substitute argument doesn't work when they're making X-Men movies and tv shows at the same time. The inhumans would've complimented the MCU well. That's probably why they planned to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The mutant substitute argument doesn't work when they're making X-Men movies and tv shows at the same time.
    Which had nothing to do with the MCU and could not be integrated into it. The Inhumans as introduced into the MCU via Agents of SHIELD, were Mutant substitutes, which is something Feige clearly had no interest in given the way they were utterly ignored by the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Feige's relationship with Perlmutter (who was really pushing for the Inhumans) helped any.
    Yup.

Which had nothing to do with the MCU and could not be integrated into it. The Inhumans as introduced into the MCU via Agents of SHIELD, were Mutant substitutes, which is something Feige clearly had no interest in given the way they were utterly ignored by the films.
    They were making X-Men films at that time. Why would Feige plan to make a film about the same exact thing 3 months apart? They weren't mutant substitutes. They're more like the cousins of mutants, so yes, you're right, they do share enough with mutants for people to confuse the two. Much like they'll confuse mutants and inhumans with eternals. They don't know enough about them now to see that it's a species of superhumans with different powers that act like a team.

The eternals are basically like Apocalypse, but good.

I posted this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They were making X-Men films at that time. Why would Feige plan to make a film about the same exact thing 3 months apart?
    I'm not sure what you're referring to in this regard. The X-Men films were made by Fox and Marvel had nothing to do with them.

They weren't mutant substitutes.
    The versions in Agents of SHIELD absolutely were.