Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Game development takes a while, so it's possible at the very early stages of production, the whole push for the Inhumans hadn't yet come to a close, hence Crystal and Lockjaw's inclusion, and having that Attilan stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Game development takes a while, so it's possible at the very early stages of production, the whole push for the Inhumans hadn't yet come to a close, hence Crystal and Lockjaw's inclusion, and having that Attilan stage.
    That's sort of how I figured the Inhumans focus in Marvel Rising ended up happening.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's not crazy to imagine an Inhumans stage even without an Inhumans push. They've been at least more relevant recently than something like Wundagore Mountain. To me, it's possible to imagine a stage like that or a Savage Land stage, etc. Given the Infinity Stone connection, the space-adjacent Inhumans makes sense in a game even if it is no longer a marketing priority for Marvel. If it were a true Inhumans push, I'd imagine they'd have included other members of the royal family. Crystal makes a ton of sense since she was both a member of the FF and an Avenger, but I could have seen Karnak, Gorgon, or Medusa if they were truly going for it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's not crazy to imagine an Inhumans stage even without an Inhumans push. They've been at least more relevant recently than something like Wundagore Mountain. To me, it's possible to imagine a stage like that or a Savage Land stage, etc. Given the Infinity Stone connection, the space-adjacent Inhumans makes sense in a game even if it is no longer a marketing priority for Marvel. If it were a true Inhumans push, I'd imagine they'd have included other members of the royal family. Crystal makes a ton of sense since she was both a member of the FF and an Avenger, but I could have seen Karnak, Gorgon, or Medusa if they were truly going for it.
    Yeah, the inhumans have always been an important part of Marvel. Even though some would say otherwise. The X-Men also play a big role in the game, so I think it defeats the argument of "the push". They could also have been pushing Ghost Rider and Elsa Bloodstone since they were in the game with that logic.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ryan Penagos and Tucker Marcus just announced that the connection of Donny Cates' Death of the Inhumans to his three other cosmic titles including Thanos and Silver Surfer: Black will culminate in his final Guardians of the Galaxy issue #12 in Marvel's December sneak peak video. The news is at the 2:44 mark.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Genuinely impressed with how they've managed to do the impossible and make me hate the dog.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ryan Penagos and Tucker Marcus just announced that the connection of Donny Cates' Death of the Inhumans to his three other cosmic titles including Thanos and Silver Surfer: Black will culminate in his final Guardians of the Galaxy issue #12 in Marvel's December sneak peak video. The news is at the 2:44 mark.

I could be wrong but I feel like those titles are only superficially connected. Silver Surfer has the best claim because it's of a direct result of things from gotg. But DOTI only got mentioned offhand as an excuse of lockja, CGR is only related because CGR was in it and left after the first arc. As far thanos goes it connects more to Infinity wars event than Cates's run. But maybe something changes in the next couple chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Genuinely impressed with how they've managed to do the impossible and make me hate the dog.
    Lockjaw??!!? Whyyyy?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I have been reading Silver Surfer: Black for the art, but not the others. I'll think about this, but I am seriously behind on Marvel cosmic.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Well, yeah. That's why I said early in development while the push was still going. On any given game with a large playable cast you're gonna end up with a bunch of names thrown out for potential slots, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was an intention of including more early on before things changed. As noted back before the full roster had been announced, Crystal being the sole Royal is kind of odd otherwise unless they were thinking of including more at some point.

Not really. Crystal is the most logical choice of the royal family because she has the best variety of abilities and was the most significant member of the royal family in the silver age. She was also an Avenger and headlined her own team book recently.

Not really. Crystal is the most logical choice of the royal family because she has the best variety of abilities and was the most significant member of the royal family in the silver age. She was also an Avenger and headlined her own team book recently.
    Agreed. Crystal makes the most sense, but it's a shame that other members of her family weren't included in the roster to allow the player to run an all Inhuman team.

If we can have the royal family in Future Fight, certainly we can have them in MUA 3.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Not really.
    Given the way they didn't bother to give her any team affiliation I absolutely think so. I would not be surprised if there were initial plans to have at least a playable Inhumans team and then that fell by the wayside. Especially since some of the other Inhumans even had character models done up and ultimately appeared as NPCs.
    Last edited by Holt; 09-16-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Given the way they didn't bother to give her any team affiliation I absolutely think so. I would not be surprised if there were initial plans to have at least a playable Inhumans team and then that fell by the wayside. Especially since some of the other Inhumans even had character models done up and ultimately appeared as NPCs.
    I think a datamine revealed Black Bolt and Medusa (or just Black Bolt) were designed to be playable, but got cut in the final game.

Although I think they've said they'll add more playable characters beyond the DLC so some of the NPC's might still end up playable.