Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

I can't think of any good questions especially none that he could actually answer

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

I am not anti...or pro...Inhuman. However I do think they kind of pushed them hard the last few years. It seemed to me like they could not use mutants in the MCU so they were pushing the Inhumans as an alternative.

"Hey..here are the Inhumans..they are just like mutants but different. Love them like you do mutants."

AoS even took characters who were not Inhuman in the comics and made them such. Quake was not an Inhuman...she was born with powers because her father's (Mr Hyde) corrupted DNA was passed onto her...no X-Gene or Inhuman anything. Same with YoYo...in the comics her father was John Horton/Griffin who was mentioned by Ward and Garrett in season 1. Hellfire was not an Inhuman...he literally created mystical hellfire...but...no...have to push the Inhumans....make him one.

Yes they did create some interesting characters like Kamala...but overall the story line seemed forced.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not anti...or pro...Inhuman. However I do think they kind of pushed them hard the last few years. It seemed to me like they could not use mutants in the MCU so they were pushing the Inhumans as an alternative.

"Hey..here are the Inhumans..they are just like mutants but different. Love them like you do mutants."

AoS even took characters who were not Inhuman in the comics and made them such. Quake was not an Inhuman...she was born with powers because her father's (Mr Hyde) corrupted DNA was passed onto her...no X-Gene or Inhuman anything. Same with YoYo...in the comics her father was John Horton/Griffin who was mentioned by Ward and Garrett in season 1. Hellfire was not an Inhuman...he literally created mystical hellfire...but...no...have to push the Inhumans....make him one.

Yes they did create some interesting characters like Kamala...but overall the story line seemed forced.
    You came late to the party. The inhumans have been dead for almost a year. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They didn't say anything new about the inhumans. Mostly that they think they wrote good content, but no one read it or ever will because they felt attacked as X-Men fans. So no one's going to appreciate their characters because no writer's ever going to use them ever again, unless it's to kill them, which is what happened to Naja, who they created.

They said that they wanted to create more facial deformities to tie into the Terrigenisis aspect of the inhumans, but it was too expensive for TV, so they only did it with a few characters ( like Flint and Iso).

When one was asked who his favorite inhuman character is, he said Kitty Pride because they are all the same, right?

Marvel stopped everything because it didn't make as much as they wanted, but, again, he said that it was people refusing to even pick up an inhuman comic.

(There was practically a boycott apparently. My words, not theirs.)

Everything else was about being a writer, Kylo Ren, Venom, etc.

It's funny, I love House of X and Powers of X, and I love the lead in for Dawn of X. But right down to the Quiet Council of 12, the ascendancy of the Hellfire Club as part of the 12, the X-Men are kind of looking a bit like the Inhumans with a big Game of Thrones or House of Cards feel thrown in for good measure. It's hard to say, the Quiet Council is not a royal family, and they are set up to be more politically divided than the Inhuman Royal family.

But with the X-Men full out establishing a nation, the are taking a few elements from the Inhumans just with an X-Men bent.

Honestly my favourite Inhuman story was Realm of Kings with the Inhumans and the Kree forming an alliance and Crystal and Ronin being the star couple of the new order. That series actually made me like Ronin the Accuser and I couldn't believe that I was actually shipping him and Crystal together because they were kind of cute and romantic as a couple. Ronin was always so formal and proper with Crystal, it really made him look like a man of honor trying to make the best of an arranged marriage and give his wife whatever space she needed.

I miss that. I would love it if the Kree and the Inhumans gathered together again, and this time there is a true push to find a way to help the Kree people, maybe Crystal can have a shot at being leader for once instead of Medusa and Black Bolt. Crystal goes to Ronin and with the Supreme Intelligence defeated they reform the alliance with the Inhumans and Kree as equal partners in the new order. It would make the Inhumans a very space based series, with little interaction with Earth, but there would be lots of interaction with the Guardians of the Galaxy, Asgard, the Shi'ar, Skrulls, and Starjammers. Perhaps even some interaction with the space based division of Krakoa, the New Mutants.

I think going back to the Realm of Kings with Crystal and Ronin in charge would be the revamp that is needed.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It's funny, I love House of X and Powers of X, and I love the lead in for Dawn of X. But right down to the Quiet Council of 12, the ascendancy of the Hellfire Club as part of the 12, the X-Men are kind of looking a bit like the Inhumans with a big Game of Thrones or House of Cards feel thrown in for good measure. It's hard to say, the Quiet Council is not a royal family, and they are set up to be more politically divided than the Inhuman Royal family.

But with the X-Men full out establishing a nation, the are taking a few elements from the Inhumans just with an X-Men bent.

Honestly my favourite Inhuman story was Realm of Kings with the Inhumans and the Kree forming an alliance and Crystal and Ronin being the star couple of the new order. That series actually made me like Ronin the Accuser and I couldn't believe that I was actually shipping him and Crystal together because they were kind of cute and romantic as a couple. Ronin was always so formal and proper with Crystal, it really made him look like a man of honor trying to make the best of an arranged marriage and give his wife whatever space she needed.

I miss that. I would love it if the Kree and the Inhumans gathered together again, and this time there is a true push to find a way to help the Kree people, maybe Crystal can have a shot at being leader for once instead of Medusa and Black Bolt. Crystal goes to Ronin and with the Supreme Intelligence defeated they reform the alliance with the Inhumans and Kree as equal partners in the new order. It would make the Inhumans a very space based series, with little interaction with Earth, but there would be lots of interaction with the Guardians of the Galaxy, Asgard, the Shi'ar, Skrulls, and Starjammers. Perhaps even some interaction with the space based division of Krakoa, the New Mutants.

I think going back to the Realm of Kings with Crystal and Ronin in charge would be the revamp that is needed.
    Ronin is spoilers:
    dead
    end of spoilers.
    the Kree spoilers:
    killed
    end of spoilers the inhumans in Death of Inhumans. The Kree are the inhumans' Joker/Lex Luthor. That's what made that story interesting.

Their whole premise is that humanity hated them so much that they had to create a sovereign city, and when man's pollution was killing them, they had to flee to the Moon, leaving their home behind. They ended up isolating themselves rather than getting into conflict with humans, and the Kree has always wanted to use them as weapons or kill them. Which Death of Inhumans accomplished.

They've never been left in peace due to human and alien persecution, but that's one of the things that made them special and what they share with mutants.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 09-28-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They didn't say anything new about the inhumans. Mostly that they think they wrote good content, but no one read it or ever will because they felt attacked as X-Men fans. So no one's going to appreciate their characters because no writer's ever going to use them ever again, unless it's to kill them, which is what happened to Naja, who they created.

They said that they wanted to create more facial deformities to tie into the Terrigenisis aspect of the inhumans, but it was too expensive for TV, so they only did it with a few characters ( like Flint and Iso).

When one was asked who his favorite inhuman character is, he said Kitty Pride because they are all the same, right?

Marvel stopped everything because it didn't make as much as they wanted, but, again, he said that it was people refusing to even pick up an inhuman comic.

(There was practically a boycott apparently. My words, not theirs.)

Everything else was about being a writer, Kylo Ren, Venom, etc.
    At the time the movies were doing silly things like giving Ultron a face and Starlord barely wearing his mask. So I can wee why they pulled back on the weird, Auran and Flint were the ones that ended up being used. As for the boycott there were unsubstantiated claims on twitter and even these forums of shop owners refusing to order Inhuman books. Tons and tons of comic websites and reviewers, complaining about the inhumans and their intent to replace the X-men. Making the Inhumans look as negative as possible to people who haven't herd of them. I'm not saying the Inhumans would have done great without it but that stuff definitely had an effect. Of course M-pox and all that is the only reason this was able to take off in the first place. It wouldn't have gained any ground if they just kept the two separate.

Forgot Lash also was on AOS
    Last edited by mung; 09-29-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    At the time the movies were doing silly things like giving Ultron a face and Starlord barely wearing his mask. So I can wee why they pulled back on the weird, Auran and Flint were the ones that ended up being used. As for the boycott there were unsubstantiated claims on twitter and even these forums of shop owners refusing to order Inhuman books. Tons and tons of comic websites and reviewers, complaining about the inhumans and their intent to replace the X-men. Making the Inhumans look as negative as possible to people who haven't herd of them. I'm not saying the Inhumans would have done great without it but that stuff definitely had an effect. Of course M-pox and all that is the only reason this was able to take off in the first place. It wouldn't have gained any ground if they just kept the two separate.
    Yeah. They gave the X-Men two events back to back with the inhumans as the villains. It solidified the hate that was there from the beginning. The Avengers got off easier because they didn't want anymore mutants being born if it meant risking the galaxy from the Phoenix Force, and it ended with the repopulation of mutants.

The majority of X-Men fans probably don't buy any Avengers books, but will watch their movies.

The inhumans got another one of those silly pages in marvel 1001

Not the Falcon page I wanted from Spencer, but that's

That's very good
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Listened to the podcast. Soule talking about the Inhumans push and some of the meddling that went on was very fascinating and what I had figured. The stuff about the TV department asking them to tone down the designs so it'd be easier to depict them on a TV budget was really eye opening.

I agree with him that it's a shame none of the characters really broke out, since I liked Iso a lot. Their point that now would be a good time for people to go back and reevaluate their Inhumans run now that the X-Men are back at Marvel Studios and the tension has cooled was good as well. There was some really good stuff that came out of the push and other than Ms. Marvel, most of it went under the radar.
    Last edited by Holt; 10-02-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Listened to the podcast. Soule talking about the Inhumans push and some of the meddling that went on was very fascinating and what I had figured. The stuff about the TV department asking them to tone down the designs so it'd be easier to depict them on a TV budget was really eye opening.

I agree with him that it's a shame none of the characters really broke out, since I liked Iso a lot. Their point that now would be a good time for people to go back and reevaluate their Inhumans run now that the X-Men are back at Marvel Studios and the tension has cooled was good as well. There was some really good stuff that came out of the push and other than Ms. Marvel, most of it went under the radar.
    If those people were able blame fictional characters so severely, I doubt they'll ever consider picking up an inhuman book in their lives.

The sentiment that the inhumans are dead and the X-Men are being pushed is "good!" as opposed to, "I'll check them out now."

For a lot of fans, they did good creating a world of inhimans, but never talked about his most contraversal event - Inhumans vs. X-Men, which is worth explaining, nor Death of Inhumans.

BANNED

Toning down the designs so it'd be easier to depict the Inhumans on a TV budget did not help one bit whatsoever to prevent the Inhumans series to be canceled after 1 season.