Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    LOL!!! Thanks for sharing mung

BANNED

Incredible Hulk #119 Sep 1969
    "At the Mercy of -- Maximus the Mad!"
    Bruce Banner is in the country of Costa Salvador when he runs across a town in
    the shadow of a giant robot whose inhabitants seem to be mind controlled;
    As he finds his own mind being assaulted, Bruce turns into the Hulk
    and then attacks a hilltop fortress that seems to be the source of the mental manipulation;
    Breaking into the fortress, Hulk finds that his foes are an evil band of Inhumans

and a battle ensues;

The army also attacks the fortress and Maximus talks the Hulk into helping him repel the jade giant's oldest enemies.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Herb Trimpe

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Toning down the designs so it'd be easier to depict the Inhumans on a TV budget did not help one bit whatsoever to prevent the Inhumans series to be canceled after 1 season.
    Yea. The show is unique in that:
    1. It was the only movie to tv project
    2. It was extremely rushed (they never disclosed the motive)
    3. It's the only Marvel property to ever be canceled after one season. Peggy Carter appeared on AOS and in several movies after her show was canceled. It was a test run.
    4. Had an infamously low budget

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They didn't say anything new about the inhumans. Mostly that they think they wrote good content, but no one read it or ever will because they felt attacked as X-Men fans. So no one's going to appreciate their characters because no writer's ever going to use them ever again, unless it's to kill them, which is what happened to Naja, who they created.

They said that they wanted to create more facial deformities to tie into the Terrigenisis aspect of the inhumans, but it was too expensive for TV, so they only did it with a few characters ( like Flint and Iso).

When one was asked who his favorite inhuman character is, he said Kitty Pride because they are all the same, right?

Marvel stopped everything because it didn't make as much as they wanted, but, again, he said that it was people refusing to even pick up an inhuman comic.

(There was practically a boycott apparently. My words, not theirs.)

Everything else was about being a writer, Kylo Ren, Venom, etc.
    Thats a bummer. I enjoyed Soule's work on Uncanny Inhumans and Asmus/Casseli's work on All-new Inhumans.

Hindsight 20/20 they should made the show into a future season of Agents of SHIELD and then spin them off.

Not gonna lie, I wished there was an Avengers v Inhumans movie. Oh well I'll settle for seaaon 3 of Avengers assemble as they had an arc about them.

There's still the Avengers game next year and maybe Thor 5 if we're lucky.

It was opposite day.

The Inhumans are mentioned in this trailer and the behind the scenes trailer as well.

Here's hoping Atillan is a stage/chapter and the NuHumans/Royal family pops up.

Fingers crossed for Reader.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Inhumans are mentioned in this trailer and the behind the scenes trailer as well.

Here's hoping Atillan is a stage/chapter and the NuHumans/Royal family pops up.

Fingers crossed for Reader.
    They use the words "Terrigen Crystals", and say "inhuman", but I'm curious as to where they got ahold of them. They're obviously gonna say it in the game. Also, the "accident" seemed to have happened in a very small area. So maybe it just affected the people on the helicarrier since the Tony and Bruce deal with it as if it were a singular case. They're also claiming they'll die from becoming inhuman, which is an interesting turn. Maybe that's why they're selling a cure?

I'd prefer seeing Medusa being the first and sole inhuman to make contact with the outside world and being a villain, later exposing Attilan. Skipping the "Inhumans Saga" sucks. I hate how in every show they do the same thing. They pop up all together, chat a bit, and leave, never establishing any character development because they never have a solo episode or story. The ABC show wanted to do it, but without another superhero for Medusa to be the villain, we'll only get a quirky scientist.

So Ewing is taking over Guardians of the galaxy. It will definitely reference Royals and Death of the Inhumans. Marvel Boy is in the cast, and Ewing's portion of the gotg annual show that the Vox kree are at war with the Plex Kree are fighting. There is also that bit about Krees being a type of Inhuman which I believe Noh-Varr is the only Kree that knows this. I'm not sure if the family will show up or be important but since the major plot points spin out of their last two books it's the most likely place we will get an update on their situation. It would be a shame for the Vox thing to be resolved and the family not get some semblance of vengeance after what he did.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1
    Writer: AL EWING
    Artist: JUANN CABAL
    IN 2020 -- SPACE IS THE PLACE!
    Once, they were a team of misfits. Now they're a family, and they've earned their peace. But the universe is not a peaceful place -- and it's only getting worse. The Great Empires are in turmoil. The rule of law is dead. And amidst the chaos, the Gods of Olympus have returned -- harbingers of a new age of war, reborn to burn their mark on the stars themselves. Someone has to guard the galaxy - but who will accept the mission? And will they survive it? Al Ewing (IMMORTAL HULK) and Juann Cabal (FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN) bring you in on the ground floor of a whole Marvel Universe of action and suspense!

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    So Ewing is taking over Guardians of the galaxy. It will definitely reference Royals and Death of the Inhumans. Marvel Boy is in the cast, and Ewing's portion of the gotg annual show that the Vox kree are at war with the Plex Kree are fighting. There is also that bit about Krees being a type of Inhuman which I believe Noh-Varr is the only Kree that knows this. I'm not sure if the family will show up or be important but since the major plot points spin out of their last two books it's the most likely place we will get an update on their situation. It would be a shame for the Vox thing to be resolved and the family not get some semblance of vengeance after what he did.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1
    Writer: AL EWING
    Artist: JUANN CABAL
    IN 2020 -- SPACE IS THE PLACE!
    Once, they were a team of misfits. Now they're a family, and they've earned their peace. But the universe is not a peaceful place -- and it's only getting worse. The Great Empires are in turmoil. The rule of law is dead. And amidst the chaos, the Gods of Olympus have returned -- harbingers of a new age of war, reborn to burn their mark on the stars themselves. Someone has to guard the galaxy - but who will accept the mission? And will they survive it? Al Ewing (IMMORTAL HULK) and Juann Cabal (FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN) bring you in on the ground floor of a whole Marvel Universe of action and suspense!
    Is there an article or video about it?

They use the words "Terrigen Crystals", and say "inhuman", but I'm curious as to where they got ahold of them. They're obviously gonna say it in the game. Also, the "accident" seemed to have happened in a very small area. So maybe it just affected the people on the helicarrier since the Tony and Bruce deal with it as if it were a singular case. They're also claiming they'll die from becoming inhuman, which is an interesting turn. Maybe that's why they're selling a cure?

I'd prefer seeing Medusa being the first and sole inhuman to make contact with the outside world and being a villain, later exposing Attilan. Skipping the "Inhumans Saga" sucks. I hate how in every show they do the same thing. They pop up all together, chat a bit, and leave, never establishing any character development because they never have a solo episode or story. The ABC show wanted to do it, but without another superhero for Medusa to be the villain, we'll only get a quirky scientist.
    It could be faulty or fake Terrigen.

Im more interested in Crystal and Karnak popping up.

I vaguely remember Silent War having a lot of unresolved loose ends. Did those ever get tied up?

Is there an article or video about it?
    The whole panel is on Marvel's youtube and I think cbr has an article

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I vaguely remember Silent War having a lot of unresolved loose ends. Did those ever get tied up?
    Not really. I don't know the full story but seemingly the third book in the Son of m/Silent war story was cancelled in favor of BB getting involved with world war hulk, Secret invasion, and War of kings. Maximus is king for Secret invasion but in the end gives control back to BB. luna isn't much of a character during this time and Quicksilver's side of things wouldn't be addressed until Mighty avengers and then again in All new X-factor both of which were years apart. Also at some point they forgot Gorgon getting a second dose of Terrigen.

I remember Fraction was going to touch upon Silent War stuff before he got fired.

https://mattfraction.com/post/571323...a-was-born/amp

Yeah, I know, and I didn’t; you should check out SILENT WAR. In it we see Ahura after he’s been recovered from the Pacifiers of the Genetic Council (kind of like special needs teachers for mentally unstable Inhuman youth, maybe) and he’s clearly been aged. What happened to him in that room, what he experienced, and why – all that stuff will get covered in INHUMAN #4. But you should read SILENT WAR too because Hine is a genius and Frazier Irving is amazing.