Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    My Attilan Rising co-hosts and I decided to recast the Inhumans. What do you wall think?
    Andy Serkis as Lockjaw is totally unexpected for me; for his vocals I would cast the legendary Frank Welker.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I read that Medusa's animated CGI hair was the trickiest effect to do to make it look absolutely 3D realistic, which is understandable because one has to track all those hair strands (even if they can be bunched together), but I hope that the tech has improved to the point that very soon it should be comparatively easy.
    I actually think it wasn't as bad as it could've been. The bed scene was a waste of money. The fight scene could've had more movement. They did screen those episodes in IMAX theaters. They could've tried just a little.

This was completely unnecessary, and did they go to IKEA to buy their bed?:

This one was O.K. except for the roots of her wig. The wig was the biggest problem along with everyone's clothes especially Medusa's. It displays her powers decently:

I think if they can do it with Carol they can do it with Medusa.

My Attilan Rising co-hosts and I decided to recast the Inhumans. What do you wall think?
    Jon Hamm and Donnie Yen are good fits. Joe Manganiello wanted to be/ "was" Deathstroke, so he might be shooting for a movie villain/lead although he'll want to get involved with any comic book property now. He looks the part. Serkis seems perfect. The rest I'm not familiar with unfortunately :S As long as Medusa isn't Amy Adams, Jessica Chastain, or Jennifer Lawrence. I'd say Rachel Weisz for Medusa.

The best incarnation of Maximus was Mark Hamill in the Fantastic Four 90's cartoon. Would Zachary Quinto be able to pull it off?
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 10-21-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Jon Hamm and Donnie Yen are good fits. Joe Manganiello wanted to be/ "was" Deathstroke, so he might be shooting for a movie villain/lead although he'll want to get involved with any comic book property now. He looks the part. The best incarnation of Maximus was Mark Hamill in the Fantastic Four 90's cartoon. Would Zachary Quinto be able to pull it off? Serkis seems perfect. The rest I'm not familiar with unfortunately :S As long as Medusa isn't Amy Adams, Jessica Chastain, or Jennifer Lawrence. I'd say Rachel Weisz for Medusa.
    Lena Headey was Cersi on Game of Thrones and we think she'd kill it as Medusa. Samantha Barks was Eponine in the most recent Les Mis and doesn't get enough credit for it. I admit I'm not as familiar with the others either, I deferred to my co-hosts there XD I'll admit, the casting for Jon Hamm as Black Bolt was purely because he's nice to look at (yes. I am terrible).
    Last edited by Seren; 10-21-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Lena Hedley was Cersi on Game of Thrones and we think she'd kill it as Medusa. Samantha Barks was Eponine in the most recent Les Mis and doesn't get enough credit for it. I admit I'm not as familiar with the others either, I deferred to my co-hosts there XD I'll admit, the casting for Jon Hamm as Black Bolt was purely because he's nice to look at (yes. I am terrible).
    I need to watch GOT because I just know Emilia Clarke from a tv commercial and Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. And comic book films and TV is being populated by the whole cast apparently.

I'll admit, the casting for Jon Hamm as Black Bolt was purely because he's nice to look at (yes. I am terrible).
    No no, that's perfect. God, I'd do anything for Hamm Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The best incarnation of Maximus was Mark Hamill in the Fantastic Four 90's cartoon. Would Zachary Quinto be able to pull it off?
    Michael Dorn as Gorgon? Wow, that's great.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Incredible Hulk #120 Oct 1969
    "On the Side of...the Evil Inhumans!"
    Continued from last issue...

The military has initiated an air drop on the island of Costa Salvador, which has been taken over by the mad Inhuman exiled Maximus.
    However, they do not expect that the Hulk is on the island, or that Maximus has convinced the Jade Giant in protecting them from the invaders.
    The Hulk attacks the army sending them on the defensive. When the ground forces fail to stop the Hulk, aboard a command ship,
    General Ross demands that they drop an air-strike on the Hulk with new experimental missiles. In spite of Betty's protests,
    the order is complied and an air strike attempts to bombard the Hulk with bombs. However, when they fire the missiles the Hulk slams
    his fist into the ground causing enough vibration to cause the missiles to fly off course and land wildly, sending the military in retreat.

Watching this, the evil Inhumans argue over what to do with the Hulk after he has defeated the military,
    thinking that once the monster is done with the army that he will turn his aggression toward them.
    This causes the evil Inhumans to come to blows, however Maximus manages to calm them down.

Still able to convince the Hulk to do his bidding, Maximus orders the monster to destroy the command ship.
    Unaware that Betty is aboard, the Hulk complies with the command. However all aboard the ship manage to parachute to safety.

When Maximus tells Ross, Betty and Glen Talbot that he intends to kill them the Hulk intervenes and tries to stop Maximus.
    Furious over the Hulk's concern for these humans, Maximus sets his giant mind controlling robot against the Hulk.
    In a pitched battle, the Hulk manages to destroy the robot by throwing the entire castle on it.

With the robot's destruction, the Inhumans decide to flee, making their escape through a secret tunnel.

When the military regroups, they surround the Hulk and when Betty protests the killing of the Hulk,
    General Ross explains to her that they are only capturing the Hulk so that they might examine him.
    Hearing this angers the Hulk, but before either the Hulk or the military can make a move,
    Maximus and the Inhumans blast out of the ground in an escape ship that flies off into the sky.

In all the confusion, the Hulk manages to make his escape, jumping away from the military before they
    can capture him, with General Ross swearing after the Hulk that he will eventually capture the monster.

Script by Stan Lee (plot) and Roy Thomas, art by Herb Trimpe

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There's a mention of the Inhumans' origin and early history in the preview of Fantastic Four: Grand Design.

https://www.avclub.com/tom-scioli-te...n-t-1839328115
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Early look at the Black Bolt Hardcover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY4fZKUn7Kw

This thread is kinda dead.

Hopefully we get some news soon.

Most likely no new business until next year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Early look at the Black Bolt Hardcover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY4fZKUn7Kw
    It's beautiful.

I need some Inhumans news, anything, already, this drought has been unbearable.

Astonishing Member

So have been thinking on what an Inhuman comic could be and I have come to 3 ideas, as in 3 books.

First DotI gets sort of retconned, in the first issue Maximus says he is quite mad and as we all know Maximus's madness is caused by a future him telepathically talking to him so he gets warned and they fix what they can.

Please note the chances of Cates planned on using the madness as a back door is slim to none cause of all the other continuity problems he most likely just didn't know/care.

So they are prepared for the Kree attack and are able to send a small squad in and rescue Ronan. Casulties still included are the universal court and the plex intelligence. As of now the other Universal Inhumans have split following their 2nd most recognized among them their respected member of the light brigade, with the exception of the Kymellians who lost both their queen and member as such are even more scattered.

Now for the books:
    The Internal Inhumans, this story takes place fully in New Attilan it deals with more the daily problems of a number of Inhumans living there. If you want an idea how to picture the story for you anime/manga/light novel watchers/readers here who are aware of the a certain scientific stories as well Durarara, and Blood Blockade Battlefront I could see it being like those. Grounded stories with people who hold these amazing powers, but to the people living there these things are completely normal.

The External Inhumans, this is the main line book focusing greatly on the Inhuman Kingdoms how they interact with each other as well to the rest of the Marvel universe. Seeing who has the best relation with who, which non Inhuman group thinks of what kingdom. How do they integrate more back in with humanity after such a long isolation. How do the Inhuman Kingdoms see their kingdoms forming together.

The Extraterrestrial Inhumans, continuing the 2 really big cosmic bits added to the Inhumans lore this follows an Inhuman team going to space looking for the scattered Universal Inhumans to first off invite them to join what ever they are forming and to ask their geneticist to help understand Primegien. It is discovered the device that caused the destruction of the cloud also affected the natural ingredients for Terrigen causing it to be useless, if brought to the moon and a molecular level geokinsis apply transmutation they can save about 1 Crystal, they can increase that to 7 With the use of Primegien but it is feared it will run out of energy before enough crystals are made especially since they are sharing the extra with the other kingdoms.

Astonishing Member

Wouldn’t it be simpler, albeit a slight knock-off of the X-Men’s resurrection protocols, to just undo DoI by way of having Lineage cough up everyone who died?

Assuming the Kree also used Arlok’s DNA in the creation of the Universals, they get revived too. Use it to explained Inhumanity’s connection with the Eternals when they come back.

Such a Revival would also enable the other tribes to be explored again, seeing how Orollan, Ennilux and Aerie were basically destroyed by the Terrigen bomb

And since they have the Direst and considering Terrigen and Primagen blur the line between science, magic and religion; perhaps it’s time for the Inhumans to start dabbling with some kind of Super-Alchemy as an answer to mutant magic?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Wouldn’t it be simpler, albeit a slight knock-off of the X-Men’s resurrection protocols, to just undo DoI by way of having Lineage cough up everyone who died?

Assuming the Kree also used Arlok’s DNA in the creation of the Universals, they get revived too. Use it to explained Inhumanity’s connection with the Eternals when they come back.

Such a Revival would also enable the other tribes to be explored again, seeing how Orollan, Ennilux and Aerie were basically destroyed by the Terrigen bomb

And since they have the Direst and considering Terrigen and Primagen blur the line between science, magic and religion; perhaps it’s time for the Inhumans to start dabbling with some kind of Super-Alchemy as an answer to mutant magic?
    If following the Mutant way I feel the books would 100% fail since it would get X fans in a rage, but doing Maximus's future warnings we still have loss and was done before the X-pods so no one can claim RIP off.

The connection between the Inhumans and Eternals is actually not something I considered, I could see Extraterrestrial Inhumans looking at that since it focuses on the Inhumans cosmic element.

The Kingdoms, I mentioned would be looked at in External Inhumans and using the fact of Black Bolt releasing the cloud could be something they still hold against him, the House of Agon, or New Arctilian. Although Ennilux is doing probably the best of all the Kingdoms the cloud didn't interfere with its way too much, and from Secret Warriors/Secret Empire it wasn't hit as bad by Hydra.

Super Alchemy sounds good, although I would just give them magic through the Inhuman Direwraiths, a main reason for splitting the universal Inhumans is to let each a chance to stand on their own.