Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So have been thinking on what an Inhuman comic could be and I have come to 3 ideas, as in 3 books.

First DotI gets sort of retconned, in the first issue Maximus says he is quite mad and as we all know Maximus's madness is caused by a future him telepathically talking to him so he gets warned and they fix what they can.

Please note the chances of Cates planned on using the madness as a back door is slim to none cause of all the other continuity problems he most likely just didn't know/care.

So they are prepared for the Kree attack and are able to send a small squad in and rescue Ronan. Casulties still included are the universal court and the plex intelligence. As of now the other Universal Inhumans have split following their 2nd most recognized among them their respected member of the light brigade, with the exception of the Kymellians who lost both their queen and member as such are even more scattered.

Now for the books:
    The Internal Inhumans, this story takes place fully in New Attilan it deals with more the daily problems of a number of Inhumans living there. If you want an idea how to picture the story for you anime/manga/light novel watchers/readers here who are aware of the a certain scientific stories as well Durarara, and Blood Blockade Battlefront I could see it being like those. Grounded stories with people who hold these amazing powers, but to the people living there these things are completely normal.

The External Inhumans, this is the main line book focusing greatly on the Inhuman Kingdoms how they interact with each other as well to the rest of the Marvel universe. Seeing who has the best relation with who, which non Inhuman group thinks of what kingdom. How do they integrate more back in with humanity after such a long isolation. How do the Inhuman Kingdoms see their kingdoms forming together.

The Extraterrestrial Inhumans, continuing the 2 really big cosmic bits added to the Inhumans lore this follows an Inhuman team going to space looking for the scattered Universal Inhumans to first off invite them to join what ever they are forming and to ask their geneticist to help understand Primegien. It is discovered the device that caused the destruction of the cloud also affected the natural ingredients for Terrigen causing it to be useless, if brought to the moon and a molecular level geokinsis apply transmutation they can save about 1 Crystal, they can increase that to 7 With the use of Primegien but it is feared it will run out of energy before enough crystals are made especially since they are sharing the extra with the other kingdoms.
    The teams of Internal Inhumans, external Inhumans and extraterrestrial inhumans reminds me a lot of how the Eternals are organizated: The eternals hidden among humanity, the eternals living in his secret city of Olympia and the eternals living in space.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Wouldn’t it be simpler, albeit a slight knock-off of the X-Men’s resurrection protocols, to just undo DoI by way of having Lineage cough up everyone who died?
    I really don't think anyone at Marvel actually cares about undoing/retconning those deaths, if I'm being honest. Even in that podcast with Stegman, Charles Soule was lamenting that nobody was really doing anything with the NuHumans (Kamala and Moon Girl obviously excepted) after he left.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I really don't think anyone at Marvel actually cares about undoing/retconning those deaths, if I'm being honest. Even in that podcast with Stegman, Charles Soule was lamenting that nobody was really doing anything with the NuHumans (Kamala and Moon Girl obviously excepted) after he left.
    Inferno and Flint were staring in books.

Inferno and Flint were staring in books.
    And what has Flint been in lately? Has Inferno been in anything other than the Marvel Rising tie-ins? The point still stands. Once the push ended, it seems so did the editorial interest in most of the Inhumans who weren't the core royals.

Astonishing Member

And what has Flint been in lately? Has Inferno been in anything other than the Marvel Rising tie-ins? The point still stands. Once the push ended, it seems so did the editorial interest in most of the Inhumans who weren't the core royals.
    How many Inhuman books have there been since DotI. Like a Royal does show up true but it is fitting for the story the Nuhumans wouldn't show up in a F4 book cause they don't have as strong as a connection, or when Doctor Strange needed help against Galactus of course the focus would be on Black Bolt he is their biggest gun so it makes sense. It is all about situation, here is another Nuhuman who has appeared recently Ren Kimura, it was minor but made sense she didn't have as a big connection so the problem isn't writers don't want to use them it is more where could they.
    Flint has also been in Agents of Shield the first half season 5, small bit near the end of season 6, unknown yet season 7 but was last seen with the team.

How many Inhuman books have there been since DotI.
    That's pretty much my point. Once Death of the Inhumans closed the book on the Inhumanity status quo, most of Soule's characters and the Nuhumans in general dropped off the radar.

Astonishing Member

That's pretty much my point. Once Death of the Inhumans closed the book on the Inhumanity status quo, most of Soule's characters and the Nuhumans in general dropped off the radar.
    You are not making a point, Inhuman fans want books with characters you are saying people don't want the characters but there hasn't been anywhere to use them.

You are not making a point, Inhuman fans want books with characters you are saying people don't want the characters but there hasn't been anywhere to use them.
    LOL, no. I said Marvel doesn't care about the characters and probably not enough to retcon Death of Inhumans. Which they don't.

but there hasn't been anywhere to use them.
    There have been plenty. There are tons of team books and other titles that could've used NuHumans as guest stars or ensemble players if they'd so chosen, just like was happening when the push was still going on. That's gone bye-bye now, so they aren't showing up in these places.

Astonishing Member

LOL, no. I said Marvel doesn't care about the characters and probably not enough to retcon Death of Inhumans. Which they don't.

There have been plenty. There are tons of team books and other titles that could've used NuHumans as guest stars or ensemble players if they'd so chosen, just like was happening when the push was still going on. That's gone bye-bye now, so they aren't showing up in these places.
    Well for your first bit, the few books that have used Inhumans have made no mention of it, and Cates has done little to nothing with it so it comes down to the writers really.

As for your second bit tell me what team book, and why they should.

Well for your first bit, the few books that have used Inhumans have made no mention of it
    It was explicitly referenced in Guardians of the Galaxy.

As for your second bit tell me what team book, and why they should.
    Avengers? The recently departed Future Foundation? Champions? Even mere guest appearances in books like Ms. Marvel? Or, by your own reckoning, why not a new title specifically made for these characters? These things were the norm when the Inhuman push was going on. It's not happening anymore because Marvel no longer cares. If they wanted the NuHumans to be showing up, they'd be showing up.

I frankly don't know how this is even still a conversation when it's been over a year since DOI now and the franchise is still on ice.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They used some in Marvel Rising and Ren Kimura like you mentioned. Moongirl and Kamala are as inhuman as Flint and Naja. People just don't like to admit that such great characters came out of Inhumanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The teams of Internal Inhumans, external Inhumans and extraterrestrial inhumans reminds me a lot of how the Eternals are organizated: The eternals hidden among humanity, the eternals living in his secret city of Olympia and the eternals living in space.
    I think with how the X-Men ended up, we were all able to see just how similar the mutants, eternals and inhumans have always been.

If following the Mutant way I feel the books would 100% fail since it would get X fans in a rage, but doing Maximus's future warnings we still have loss and was done before the X-pods so no one can claim RIP off.

The connection between the Inhumans and Eternals is actually not something I considered, I could see Extraterrestrial Inhumans looking at that since it focuses on the Inhumans cosmic element.
    An X-Fanboy that gets upset over what happens with the inhumans probably only buy X-stuff, so whatever. And they can't complain now, but they do.

I always saw inhumans as more of an Earth race that fights their alien invaders until they went to make amends with the Kree for some strange reason that came out of left field. I'd like to imagine some universal inhumans are left like all the nuhumans on Earth.

Astonishing Member

It was explicitly referenced in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Avengers? The recently departed Future Foundation? Champions? Even mere guest appearances in books like Ms. Marvel? Or, by your own reckoning, why not a new title specifically made for these characters? These things were the norm when the Inhuman push was going on. It's not happening anymore because Marvel no longer cares. If they wanted the NuHumans to be showing up, they'd be showing up.

I frankly don't know how this is even still a conversation when it's been over a year since DOI now and the franchise is still on ice.
    You know if you didn't cut off I mentioned Cates did little to nothing, all he had was Lockjaw show up and then just leave. But Secret Warriors, Ms. Marvel, and Moongirl have not mentioned it.
    And Yes We are saying we want these characters in books, you mentioned writers don't care, and we have gone in circles of the characters being used

You know if you didn't cut off I mentioned Cates did little to nothing, all he had was Lockjaw show up and then just leave.
    Doesn't matter. It was acknowledged.

But Secret Warriors, Ms. Marvel, and Moongirl have not mentioned it.
    And with the exception of Secret Warriors (which I think is no longer even running), they didn't future those other Nuhumans either. Curious....

And Yes We are saying we want these characters in books, you mentioned writers don't care, and we have gone in circles of the characters being used
    One has nothing to do with the other. All I said was that the company probably doesn't care about the Nuhumans enough to overturn IVX, and given the lack of usage of those characters, I'm secure in that statement.

Astonishing Member

Doesn't matter. It was acknowledged.

And with the exception of Secret Warriors (which I think is no longer even running), they didn't future those other Nuhumans either. Curious....

One has nothing to do with the other. All I said was that the company probably doesn't care about the Nuhumans enough to overturn IVX, and given the lack of usage of those characters, I'm secure in that statement.
    ....you're just #&@*ing with me aren't you.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I really don't think anyone at Marvel actually cares about undoing/retconning those deaths, if I'm being honest.
    We get it. We know. They're dead. The original poster is talking about how they can come back. It's an appreciation thread.

There won't be anymore inhumans, so don't worry about reminding us that they're dead and not returning. This is the only thread where we can be positive about inhumans.