Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This week's issue of Marvel Rising had more Inhumans with Iso, Frank, and Mosaic. It also had a return of Ember. While I had some complaints about the issue, it was worth it just to hear Ember tell Miles that she was a big fan of the Playstation Spider-Man game.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

It's nice to see Iso and Mosaic, even if they forgot what Morris looks like and how his powers work.
    Last edited by mung; 05-30-2019 at 04:56 PM.

There is currently an X-Men event going on in MFF and I found this on reddit. People were speculating Mystique is possibly impersonating Medusa, but either way, according to the comments they are pitting the Inhumans against the mutants again. I have to say that I have neither played nor read what happens before or after this. I am only basing this off of the 60 plus comments on reddit pertaining to this image.

Howeverm I have to say, I am so sick and tired of having them presented as these horrible monsters who care about nothing but themselves. Sure, the Inhumans care predominantly about their own species, but which species doesn't? Humans, Mutants and Inhumans all care about their race and have done things to preserve their way of life.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 06-01-2019 at 02:25 AM.

That was where Marvel basically got the goose cooked on the Inhumans push. I still don't know who thought the Terrigen gas subplot was gonna endear people to them.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

There is currently an X-Men event going on in MFF and I found this on reddit. People were speculating Mystique is possibly impersonating Medusa, but either way, according to the comments they are pitting the Inhumans against the mutants again. I have to say that I have neither played nor read what happens before or after this. I am only basing this off of the 60 plus comments on reddit pertaining to this image.

Howeverm I have to say, I am so sick and tired of having them presented as these horrible monsters who care about nothing but themselves. Sure, the Inhumans care predominantly about their own species, but which species doesn't? Humans, Mutants and Inhumans all care about their race and have done things to preserve their way of life.
    Yeah, I don't know why the licensors agreed to this. Bishop goes to Attilan on a killing spree because the inhumans will go to war with mutants in the future and invites Jean? At least she didn't join him. The game basically has the inhumans as villains since they attack humans, and now this. It's obvious the developers hate the inhumans since they constantly have they fight against mutants. They never had an Avenger vs X-Men update because they don't want to villify the Avengers. A lot of X-Men fans hate them because people told them that they were coming to rob the place of mutants, which was never true, and write those terrible comments. It's ironic that they hate their whole species and want them dead just for being inhumans. They should really have an event where they come together in the future.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

I play the game and I thought that was soooooo weird and OOC of Medusa. As wrong as the Inhumans were in the comics for allowing the Terrigen situation get to the point where it got, they were never portrayed as people who wanted to release the Terrigen as a weapon to deliberately hurt mutants, which is exactly what the game seems to imply Medusa is doing. It was a shitty way to end that particular game story, and it felt unfinished, as that dialogue literally ended with Bishop just screaming ''noooo'' and that was it. Maybe it is an unfinished story and we'll have more chapters explaining what the hell is up with that. I like the idea that that is not really Medusa; hopefully they'll go with that. Either way, it's tiring that the game is STILL beating up the dead horse that is IvX. They STILL promote IvX-themed ''faction battles'' in the game every now and then. Like, LET IT GO, people.

I wouldn't worry about it on the big scheme of things, though, because the overall story on this game is pretty underwhelming and inconsequential. I doubt it reflects anything Marvel plans to do with the Inhumans in other medias.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That was where Marvel basically got the goose cooked on the Inhumans push. I still don't know who thought the Terrigen gas subplot was gonna endear people to them.
    I have a few theories on that one.#1 they thought feuding with X-men would eyes on them in a all publicity is good publicity situation. #2 they foolishy thought people would side with Inhumans just like a lot people sided with X-men in AvX despite them leading giant fire bird of death to the planet and transforming people into mutants. Completely ignoring that happened because they are popular and fans will always find a way to justify it. Even in the small inhumans circle I have seen people right off some off not destroying the cloud sooner.#3 No basis for this but maybe they thought if the Inhumans cured it or destroyed the cloud it would garner sympathy for them. #4 pure desperation with no plan, Inhuman didn't do well and they wanted something to boost uncanny, which it did. There was a lot plan changing going on. Inhuman villainized black bolt and the cloud a lot more than UI and Lineage seemed to be setting up a nuhumans vs inhumans thing with his speech. X-men were clearly not on the menu. Either way it was a terrible idea and even if the movie happened they would still suffer on the comics side.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I have a few theories on that one.#1 they thought feuding with X-men would eyes on them in a all publicity is good publicity situation.
    Tom Brevoort did tweet that anger and outrage ALWAYS leads to better sales.

Our Good friend Vox was referenced in the guardians of the galaxy annual today and we learned a little more about the faction. Via a flashback panel we see that it was Vox that beat Ronan. Which in my opinion validates that original had to be way stronger than the other ones we saw. The Kree faction are called "The Kree Imperium". They are at war with the Kree who wanted Plex to be the new supremor. Which suggest Plex didn't get killed yet.

Cool. Wonder if the Inhumans will show up proper at some point in this storyline.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I have a few theories on that one.#1 they thought feuding with X-men would eyes on them in a all publicity is good publicity situation. #2 they foolishy thought people would side with Inhumans just like a lot people sided with X-men in AvX despite them leading giant fire bird of death to the planet and transforming people into mutants. Completely ignoring that happened because they are popular and fans will always find a way to justify it. Even in the small inhumans circle I have seen people right off some off not destroying the cloud sooner.#3 No basis for this but maybe they thought if the Inhumans cured it or destroyed the cloud it would garner sympathy for them. #4 pure desperation with no plan, Inhuman didn't do well and they wanted something to boost uncanny, which it did. There was a lot plan changing going on. Inhuman villainized black bolt and the cloud a lot more than UI and Lineage seemed to be setting up a nuhumans vs inhumans thing with his speech. X-men were clearly not on the menu. Either way it was a terrible idea and even if the movie happened they would still suffer on the comics side.
    You're probably right, but another factor could simply be pettiness: the Avengers office put a lot of effort in make the X-men, Cyclops specially, to be the bad guys, and were floored when most people sided with them and thinking the Avengers were dicks, complaining online and in conventions, etc. Probably not a coincidence that the conflict begins with Cyke dead off panel supposedly having gone undeniably evil, which was Marvel's idea at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Tom Brevoort did tweet that anger and outrage ALWAYS leads to better sales.
    How dos that worked out, Tommy Boy?

Marvel always seems to fail at getting people to side with who they want. Happened in Civil War.

Our Good friend Vox was referenced in the guardians of the galaxy annual today and we learned a little more about the faction. Via a flashback panel we see that it was Vox that beat Ronan. Which in my opinion validates that original had to be way stronger than the other ones we saw. The Kree faction are called "The Kree Imperium". They are at war with the Kree who wanted Plex to be the new supremor. Which suggest Plex didn't get killed yet.
    I hope the Inhumans show up and eventually kick his ass. Hard.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You're probably right, but another factor could simply be pettiness: the Avengers office put a lot of effort in make the X-men, Cyclops specially, to be the bad guys, and were floored when most people sided with them and thinking the Avengers were dicks, complaining online and in conventions, etc. Probably not a coincidence that the conflict begins with Cyke dead off panel supposedly having gone undeniably evil, which was Marvel's idea at the time.

How dos that worked out, Tommy Boy?
    I didn't get that at all. The X-Men have always be victims and were always right in these stories. Terrigen was killing mutants and people think the writers were making the inhumans the heros? How did they get that?

I don't get how Cyclops being possessed by a dark entity made him bad as opposed to someone trapped in something they can't escape. Jean is/was a heroine, but when the dark part consumed her, it wasn't her. The writers wanted Emma to be a villain in upcoming runs and people love her because of it, not in spite of it. The inhumans were used as a launching pad and received the backlash, just as they were used as scapegoats for everything wrong with X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I didn't get that at all. The X-Men have always be victims and were always right in these stories. Terrigen was killing mutants and people think the writers were making the inhumans the heros? How did they get that?

I don't get how Cyclops being possessed by a dark entity made him bad as opposed to someone trapped in something they can't escape. Jean is/was a heroine, but when the dark part consumed her, it wasn't her.

You don't get it, because you have common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The writers wanted Emma to be a villain in upcoming runs and people love her because of it, not in spite of it. The inhumans were used as a launching pad and received the backlash, just as they were used as scapegoats for everything wrong with X-Men.
    It was the other way around- they wanted to make the Inhumans the good guys, so they had to blame the whole thing on someone- it started with Cyclops, but eventually someone must have realized "Hey, he's too important, better find another scapegoat" and chose Emma, because she used to be evil anyway, and bitches go crazy when their man die, you know?

Marvel always seems to fail at getting people to side with who they want. Happened in Civil War.
    Yeah, and to think now the Inhumans will be on the last places of the bus for many years because of that crap (and the stupid TV series), what a waste.