Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Which Eight Avengers Could Beat the Exemplars?

Midway through the Busiek/Perez run on Avengers, a team of seven villains beat the heck out of Juggernaut and then the Avengers, including heavy hitters like Thor, Hercules, Iron Man, and Wonder Man. They took out Juggernaut in three panels, and the Avengers in a few pages. For purposes of this fight, include Juggernaut as one of the Exemplars as Cyttorak had intended.

Can you assemble a team of eight Avengers who could beat the Exemplars in the Khazan Arena?

Sentry is a no brainier right off the bat. Dipping into Hickman's avengers for power houses should shore up the numbers nicely.

Final team.

Sentry
    Starbrand
    Hyperion
    Thor
    Moondragon
    Hulk
    Spectrum
    Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Sentry is a no brainier right off the bat. Dipping into Hickman's avengers for power houses should shore up the numbers nicely.

Final team.

Sentry
    Starbrand
    Hyperion
    Thor
    Moondragon
    Hulk
    Spectrum
    Dr. Strange
    Great team!

That is a great team. I might be tempted to replace Hulk and Spectrum with Sersi and Monica Rambeau for more versatility and firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    That is a great team. I might be tempted to replace Hulk and Spectrum with Sersi and Monica Rambeau for more versatility and firepower.
    Spectrum IS Monica Rambeau.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Important point. Dr. Strange, during his time as one of the Avengers, was at one of his lower points. The dude was barely a shadow of Classic Strange. I believe the term used these days is 'Fern-Busting' Strange, thanks to a bloody typo on my part.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Spectrum IS Monica Rambeau.
    I referred to her as Monica Rambeau to avoid confusion, because she changes her hero name almost as often as the Wasp changes costumes.

Wikipedia said that her aliases include: Captain Marvel, Photon, Pulsar, Daystar, Sceptre, Lady of Light, Monica Marvel, Sun Goddess, and Spectrum. I think that Daystar was a one-time thing, when Morgan la Fey altered reality on a global scale.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Uh, Spectrum is Monica.

I'm really curious about the exemplars now. Could Sentry clear? I know they have a solid telepath.