View Poll Results: Your grade for the episode?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

3 30.00%
  • B

3 30.00%
  • C

1 10.00%
  • D

1 10.00%
  • F

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Default The Gifted episode 12 "hoMe" Discussion (Spoilers)

Synopsis: With the Inner Circle and the Purifiers on the rise, and the nation more divided than ever, the dream of the X-Men is on the verge of failure. In attempts to revive the Mutant Underground, Evangeline proposes a country-wide meeting. Meanwhile, Lauren and Andy continue to disagree in their dreams and the Frost Sisters attempt to intervene. Caitlin makes the risky suggestion of connecting with a family member for vital intel, and Lorna tries to secretly investigate Reeva's plans for the Inner Circle.

Remember the new time is 9/8c

Feel free to discuss away

My hopes remain with Lauren von Strucker to essentially carry the show on her back at this point.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I'm wondering will we get a version of X-corp established expanding the the scope of this series?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Caitlin is my new hero

Lauren is a badass but unfortunately it's being portrayed as some kind of hypnosis and " not the real her " that is such BS and we know it, Lauren that IS you. You'll figure this out by the end. I have confidence.

Polaris scenes went from being the most enjoyable in the show during season 1 to now the parts I literally dont even watch anymore. I listen and wait for them to end. That's how badly they ruined her character now

Kind of preposterous for the entirety of the Underground's nationwide leadership to be "one shotted" by 3 random thugs but :shrug:

Blink becoming a Morlock felt absurdly rushed but... it does seem good for her , I support it. Can't imagine this is going to go over well with all the "Thunderblink" fanatics though haha

Well, yeah. Right now I'm just hoping against hope Lauren pulls through, embraces who she really is, maybe Caitlin can keep it going despite Reed and the Underground trying to stop it

Reeva might need to be overthrown as well, but perhaps a new group with Andy/Lauren either as leaders or big time players can emerge by the end

Since a show with only Underground and Morlocks is kind of not worth watching
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Great episode. I really enjoyed it. Full of emotion, with more of Blink's backstory. I really like the emphasis on family, functional and dysfunctional, toxic and supportive. This to me is what the X-Men should be about in the comics as well. The current comics seem like a video game for 13-year-olds with the constant battles and focus on extreme, god-like powers and interchangeable relationships. I much prefer the quiet, more realistic look at being mutants in the Marvel Universe. Marvel should always abide by Stan Lee's dictum: what happens in the comics should be recognizable if you looked out your window. Realistic characters, the real world but with super powers and magic and aliens. Sorry for the semi-rant. I think the current X-Books are good but all of Marvel has been moving more and more to this completely superficial, carnival fun house story telling. Except for the Spider Man books -- which is why the Spider Man books had 4 titles in the 2018 top ten.

Okay, sorry. I really like the way the episode focused on family relationships -- especially brothers and sisters. Clarice's foster sister who stood up to a vicious foster father, Andy and Lauren, the original von Struckers, Caitlin and her brother, even the interaction of the Frost sisters. Lorna stood apart as Lorna more and more just wants a family with Dawn and Marcos.

A little disappointed that Lorna didn't get a chance to unleash her powers, and I'm still a bit confused about the von Struckers--the brother and sister had to fight each other to make each other stronger and reunite?--and we saw that they were Nazis at one time, when did they become mutant rights fighters?

One question--why didn't Clarice transport them to the meeting before it was attacked? When John said they had to get to the meeting before the Inner Circle then put his foot to the metal of the car, I said out loud, "Teleport them, Blink! What are you sitting there for!"

Anyway, a good episode!

One "I Just Cannot Suspend Disbelief..." grumble...

How am I supposed to buy into that any family that is "On The Run..." hasn't worked out that it is impossible for them to stay under the radar if their daughter has that head of hair?

In any even remotely "Real" scenario, that should have been a plain, brown pixie cut by the fifth episode. Tops.

BANNED

So Polaris is acting as a double agent despite a trio of telepaths? I just....ugh.

Three Randos take out the rest of the heroes.

This show is becoming unwatchable now. I think I'll catch up at the end of the year, this show is slowly descended into "bad". It's just....bad.

I'm starting to dislike... almost everyone on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    So Polaris is acting as a double agent despite a trio of telepaths? I just....ugh.

Three Randos take out the rest of the heroes.

This show is becoming unwatchable now. I think I'll catch up at the end of the year, this show is slowly descended into "bad". It's just....bad.
    At this point, I just want to see Polaris to get completely owned by the Cuckoos.

The thing that stuck out to me about that...

How do we know it wasn't the Cuckoos that put that idea in her head to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The thing that stuck out to me about that...

How do we know it wasn't the Cuckoos that put that idea in her head to start with?
    I don't think the show is smart enough to do that.

Oficial video

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'm starting to dislike... almost everyone on this show.
    Everyone is either an idiot, incompetent, or completely different from episode to episode.

What's even good about this show at this point?

BANNED

Liked how Evangeline kept sayin' "Polaris" in the beginning.

Best development for Clarice ever.

Show does seem to be suffering from a bit of an identity crisis, tho.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The scheduling of this show is horrible. I thought last year was bad, but this year takes the cake. Didn't get to watch till late because of a basketball game.

Anyway, I much preferred this episode to the last.

Really enjoyed the Caitlin/Lauren moments. Thought it was nice to see some downtime with those two. The Fenris stuff is interesting, and I'm curious how it'll continue to impact Lauren and now Reed.

It was nice seeing Blink's flashback, and did a lot to explain her flighty nature, and why she ultimately chose to leave the Undergound.

Sad to see Vange go. Part of me is still hoping that maybe she'll still be okay, but I doubt it. I'm glad that Lorna warned them what was happening though. Would have hated if she hadn't. I enjoy seeing the more heroic elements of Lorna's character, but the spy angle isn't my favorite. Nor do I think Polaris is too good at it lol.

It was cool to finally see Erg's power in action, and I enjoyed that reveal of him co-founding the MU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ... Kind of preposterous for the entirety of the Underground's nationwide leadership to be "one shotted" by 3 random thugs but :shrug:...
    Was it? I need to watch it again, ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    ... the spy angle isn't my favorite. Nor do I think Polaris is too good at it lol. ...
    Masking emotions and/or true intent has never been a defining attribute of the character, IMO, so that works.