View Poll Results: Your grade for the episode?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

3 30.00%
  • B

3 30.00%
  • C

1 10.00%
  • D

1 10.00%
  • F

2 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Everyone is either an idiot, incompetent, or completely different from episode to episode.

What's even good about this show at this point?
    Andy and Lauren possibly emerging as a new Fenris. That's mostly it, although I do enjoy them portraying Blink joining Erg and Morlocks as a valid legitimate third option. Like some mutants don't need or want to be involved in massive earth-shattering battles but just want to take care of one another in a community. There's nothing really bad or wrong about that!

I do like how John is becoming more and more driven despite everything. The one character I truly detest remains Marcos though. He is the biggest hypocrite and bully despite the show always presenting him as "Right" and "Good". So aggravating. Really would like him to suffer at some point, like physically. I know Reeva shut him down (when he attacked her, and after burning up poor Esme) but that's been his only real defeat in battle. I need more!

Also extremely curious about Reeva and Benedict. We saw Reeva's flashback she isn't some cackling moustache twirler all about power, she cares about the wellbeing of mutantkind. So she must have reasons for this alliance with him, hope they go into those soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Liked how Evangeline kept sayin' "Polaris" in the beginning.

Best development for Clarice ever.

Show does seem to be suffering from a bit of an identity crisis, tho.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the Clarice stuff but didn't you think it felt slightly abrupt? And do you think it will last or will she return to MU soon, either Morlocks are assaulted forcing her to leave or she somehow realizes "the fight cannot be run from forever" or some other sappy cliche nonsense they'll come up with. I feel like having Clarice become a Morlock was the show's most actually bold and courageous creative choice this entire season... so I'm now expecting it to be fully undone quickly.

Was it? I need to watch it again, ASAP.
    I think so, didn't Evangeline say she summoned the heads of all the Underground stations there?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Masking emotions and/or true intent has never been a defining attribute of the character, IMO, so that works.
    Totally agree.

Each week I find it harder and harder to get through the episodes. The quality has just fallen off and I keep waiting for the potential of this show to actually show on screen.

How do you hype up Evangeline and all the Undergound leaders only to have them blown up off camera? HOW DID WE NOT GET AT LEAST SOME MUTANT CAMEOS. I get that they have budget restraints - but why couldn't they have a Daenyrs moment with Evangeline a literal freaking dragon walking out of the flames.

Hype - deflated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Andy and Lauren possibly emerging as a new Fenris. That's mostly it, although I do enjoy them portraying Blink joining Erg and Morlocks as a valid legitimate third option. Like some mutants don't need or want to be involved in massive earth-shattering battles but just want to take care of one another in a community. There's nothing really bad or wrong about that!

I do like how John is becoming more and more driven despite everything. The one character I truly detest remains Marcos though. He is the biggest hypocrite and bully despite the show always presenting him as "Right" and "Good". So aggravating. Really would like him to suffer at some point, like physically. I know Reeva shut him down (when he attacked her, and after burning up poor Esme) but that's been his only real defeat in battle. I need more!

Also extremely curious about Reeva and Benedict. We saw Reeva's flashback she isn't some cackling moustache twirler all about power, she cares about the wellbeing of mutantkind. So she must have reasons for this alliance with him, hope they go into those soon.
    If Reeva is a cackling mustache twirler it would be exactly what I expect out of this show right now.

The Fenris thing? Meh. If the best thing this show has is the Struckers we are in serious trouble. Andy can't act and every time I watch Lauren use her powers it looks like she's playing Constipated Karate.

Polaris is an irredeemable mess. Thunderbird is a buffoon. The Underground can't form a committee without getting their ass kicked. The Morlocks are a non-factor really. The Hellfire Club's telepaths can't even sniff a mole under their nose. Three randos just became heavy hitters. Reeva, the big bad, has been on screen for about 3 minutes combined the last few weeks. The Strucker dad's storyline has moved exactly zero from the beginning of hte season. We get a sappy, crappy montage song every ending. People think cute instagram photos of good looking people are sufficient for popularity. It's a 2000s WB show right now. I'm waiting for the stupid dancing frog one of these days.

It's just.....it's bad. I was worried at the end of last year where they pulled the rug out from under their premise to go back to Bad Mutants vs. Good mutants. I thought that was overwrought in the X-universe to begin with, but it got even worse when the bad guys and good guys got stripped down to 3 people vs. 6 people. That sucked the conflict out of that and instead we keep bouncing from one stupid "Conflict of the Week" to the next. And worst of all? The characters are force fed into these flimsy conflicts whether it fits them or not.

I gave this episode a D, it deserved worse. I hope it's canceled - Polaris deserves better than to be known as one of the central characters of this mess.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 01-16-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Was it? I need to watch it again, ASAP.
    Unless they are going to pull a rabbit out of a hat, it looked that way.