Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Shows that a lifetime of reading comics has not gone to waste.
    That is an amazing power you have, my friend. Always use it only for good, but never for evil.

Well, with great power.....
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Huh...looks like I have 10 wins overall, which really surprises me considering I typically submit old covers (I'm a Golden/Silver Age fan), and not the newer edgier ones.

2016 (I started participating in the contest around mid-year): 1
    2017: 6
    2018: 3

Anyway, thanks for keeping track Chad

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

It appears I have won 9 contests since March of 2016 (I had 5 wins that year and two each the following two years - I guess I'm wearing out my welcome ).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm not sure the old covers really are at a disadvantage. While the newer ones might be of better technical quality, a lot of the old covers used are classics, have excellent composition, have been made by outstanding artists, or are just plain fun.

The covers that have a real disadvantage are probably rather those of non-US origin. We don't get many manga covers here (though I see that at least one has won), and while I and a few others post mainland European comics covers from time to time, I cannot see any win for any European comic.

I've won three times overall. One with the famous twin frogmen cover (admittedly a pity-win), another with a Rich Buckler FF cover and a win with a Silver Age batman cover.

All in all, I do believe that although classic covers do have an overall advantage, there is a wide variety of styles and eras represented. However, the non-US covers rarely get the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Well, with great power.....
    Comes great hunger.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I've been participating in this thing since before the CBR reboot, the only time I missed was when I was laid up recovering from surgery and offline for a couple of months in 2017. According to Chad's list, I've won 12 times since the reboot... 2014-2, 2015-3, 2016-1 (an off year :P) , 2017-2 and last year with 4 was my best year yet (which means I am due to go 0 for '19 ) It's always fun and the best part is always seeing all the covers and discovering new ones I wasn't aware of. The voting/winning aspect of it is just the frosting on the cake.

So keep all those wonderful covers coming folks!

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 01-19-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The voting/winning aspect of it is just the frosting on the cake. So keep all those wonderful covers coming folks! -M
    Well said. At the end of the day I just enjoy seeing what people bring to the contests. My knowledge and appreciation for cover art and artists has really been broadened over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    All in all, I do believe that although classic covers do have an overall advantage, there is a wide variety of styles and eras represented. However, the non-US covers rarely get the votes.
    Unfortunately that seems to be the case, though I encourage people to not give up because the foreign covers submitted are always interesting and worth consideration.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-19-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

The times i won are interesting!
    I won first in 2010 before the Cbr reboot and just won again in 2014(!),and in 2017 and last year.
    But hey,at least i seem to be getting better at wining the cover contest in the last years.
    And i have read many comic books,but it´s incredible the comic books i found about that i did not knew just from participating in the Cover Contest.