Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Ultimate Member

Sounds kind of like sour grapes to me...as aside from the all female cast it was a movie that came and went pretty quickly without much real fanfare about the actual movie other than how bad it was for the most part...

She can complain all she wants, but her movie was awful. Nobody wants to sit through another one of those.

It's a shame that it's going down like that.

If this was some sort of a singular instance when it came to this sort of thing, I guess there might be a legitimate gripe.

As it stands, I'm not seeing it. The film they were in is still out there. It didn't do well enough to warrant being an ongoing franchise. It's not like a continuation of the initial franchise was not something that was a realistic possibility before the reboot was made and now that it didn't warrant a second film.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I got a chance to see the original in theaters for the 30th anniversary. It was glorious
    Did not knew there was a 30th anniversary edition of the original in the Theaters.
    But yeah all though i did not watched the original in the theaters i liked watching the sequel in the Theaters way back.Looking forward to the continuation of Ghostbusters 2.

Incredible Member

I’d say this is an overreaction. I did see the movie wasn’t my most favorite thing in the world but I still gave it a shot. I’m sure Sony saw how well Halloween was able to do ignoring a reboot with a sequel and all the previous sequels. So this isn’t a unique case of shafting the reboot. Hopefully she’ll come around when it realses and give the movie a chance.

I love Leslie Jones (she and McKinnon were my favorite parts) but disagree with her here.

It surprisingly wasn't as bad as the trailer looked and I enjoyed the reboot along with the fact that most of the original cast participated in it. The EE of ATC is a really good movie. However, the reboot cast is not owed anything if this new film is going to be a sequel to the originals.

They've already talked about folding ATC into the 84verse, creating a multiverse, and have used the ATC team amazingly well over at IDW.

All the OG GBs and current staff hate Trump.

I think she might not get what she wants here.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-20-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

She should blame Feig and Sony for their dumb marketing approach for the movie and making a bad film.

On another note, I'd love to see Kate McKinnon have a role in the new film!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    She should blame Feig and Sony for their dumb marketing approach for the movie and making a bad film.

On another note, I'd love to see Kate McKinnon have a role in the new film!
    Pissing off the fans was an especially bad move. Even if they were being sexist, never engage the trolls. I suspect the movie lost a few dollars on that. The trolls weren't going to see it anyway
    but people on the fence may have been influenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Pissing off the fans was an especially bad move. Even if they were being sexist, never engage the trolls. I suspect the movie lost a few dollars on that. The trolls weren't going to see it anyway
    but people on the fence may have been influenced.
    Iirc she was part of the toxic ad campaign which essentially labelled anyone who disliked the film a misogynist rather then just disliking what looked like a badly written, unfunny reboot.

True. I didn't even want to be in the position of having an opinion on the movie. If you loved it, you are a feminist. If you hated it, a mysoginist.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    Oh dear Lord, I love GB 1 & 2 but they just need to let it stay dead.
    I agree with that! and the idea of having kids as new Ghostbusters? you gotta be fuckin' jokin!

I'm burnt out on Ghostbusters now on attempts to make new movies after the last film was a slap in the face to me and the franchise.

Deep down inside me, i want there to be another good Ghostbusters film and i don't want this to suck ass or be bad like the last attempt, deep down i want it to be good. But i've been burned, i've been burnt so badly by the 2016 movie and my trust with Sony with this franchise is at an all time low, is there is a reason why i should trust them? well Ivan is producing and his son is directing and the original cast is coming back, yeh! so! tell me again as myself is a die hard fan of the franchise i should be trustworthy, why i should trust and have faith in Sony for Ghostbusters after Stinkbusters (i'm not gonna call 2016's film as Ghostbusters as it doesn't deserve to be called Ghostbusters and what one of my youtube friends called it "Ballbusters"), i don't have any faith in it.

Sure the teaser was a better teaser than Stinkbusters's teaser, but that's not saying much, that's like saying a piece of roadkill is better than a piece of **** that's on the side of the road, both are pretty bad and both suck, maybe a piece of roadkill is better in respects at least you can look at that roadkill and bury it, unlike a piece of ****. At least Roadkill was alive at one point, it had a story and a piece of **** is just a piece of ****! and the purpose it serve of that it's long gone, all that's left is this putrid long time decaying body that never had a soul and never had any life. When you compare one teaser trailer like 2016's film which is just a soulless corporate cash-grab with bad jokes that looks like a trainwreck to another teaser trailer that looks old school teaser style with a little bit of life but it's been ran over already because of the previous film, so technically i still feel it's a dead franchise at this point, Harold Ramis is dead, he's gone and he was the big part of why Ghostbusters was successful as he help wrote the first and second films as he was a big part of the creative process as sure Ackroyd was the brain but Ramis was the soul and heart of the film franchise. as he was even one of the founding members of the team plus he did co-wrote the game.

And if you don't have Egon, it just isn't the same and i feel that out of respect to Harold Ramis whom i admired over the years as a film lover of high standards, you just let it die! let it die with him, what made those two movies special was the creativity and chemistry of Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and director Ivan Reitman. You CANNOT recreate that same magic without that team, and even more especially without a strong script.. Why do we have to keep doing this? especially soo soon? Stinkbusters came out in 2016 and this is coming in 2020 so almost 40 years later we are getting another film? but in the teaser they had the ecto-one, the original music by Elmer Bernstein, sure it's a nice touch but it screams to me that it's trying to tug into your nostalgic heartstrings that's what it's doing and trying to be manipulative. It's like "oh look, there's the Ecto-1, oh look hey ghostbusters fans, there's the ecto-1 aren't you excited? here's the original music aren't you excited? ooh look we have the proton packs before the coming 2020 logo of the ghostbusters, aren't you excited?".

NO i am not! i'm not falling for this **** Sony! OK, i'm not, you busting my balls here, enough i'm not gonna fall for your bullshit. This does in theory sound more promising than the reboot does as it's a sequel to the first 2 but having kids as main heroes in it with the old GBs as mentors? oh god, this is why i'm not looking forward to the new movie. It's a cashgrab to prey on nostalgia. It should rest in peace as a beloved classics and the true GB 3 is the video game.

I mean Ghostbusters was a once in a lifetime thing! you had all these amazing minds, and all these hilarious individual and made something special and unique in a situation and your not trying to capture lightning in a bottle again. I love Ghostbusters 2 as a fun sequel, when you compare it to the first movie it's not the same and doesn't have the same energy as the first one was a risk in production when it came out in pre-production, the studios thought he was crazy when they were doing this movie and thought it would be a failure as the risk paid off on the original as the risks took off and made the studio silenced. For this new movie, it looks like there is no passion behind the camera but a moneygrab to get Stranger Thing's money cashgrab, i didn't even want a Ghosbusters 3 to began with because it's too late, Harold Ramis has passed away, the energy is not gonna be there, the original guys are old and the new characters are not gonna be good in chemistry, humor or getting along like the original cast. I don't think it's a risk worth taking and they should had done the animated movie they were thinking and all. I mean Ghostbusters the game is GB 3 already, we don't need a third film that has kids or teens as main stars as it smells money grab.

The franchise should be left alone on film unless you can do another game or an animated film or animated show for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon but it's passed the time to do a third film, they should had made it 28 years ago while the GBs were still young and would had been worthwhile. The time passed and it's too late, it's too late to do it now, i'm sorry and this is coming from someone who is a fan of the series and a fan of the characters, they were a part of my childhood as i recalled seeing the first one in theaters in it's 85 re-issue when i was 4 years old and watched/taped every episode of the animated series every afternoon as a kid, had toys even the firehouse for christmas when i was 6 and saw part 2 in theaters on my 8th birthday on opening day as i had a GB cake and some toys as well. I also remembered playing the arcade game and the Sega game plus i enjoyed some of the comics and played the video game in 2009 as it was awesome. But i just don't want to see anymore GB films just like i'm a fan of Robocop (both the original and second films) and i don't want to see anymore! ok? let Alex Murphy rest in peace and let him rest in peace already.

Let's move on and try new franchises as i support new franchises like John Wick as it's something different. Being a Ghostbusters fan is like having a like an old sick dying pet, The good times were amazing and deep down you still love it, but keeping it alive now is just cruel and it's time to get the gun to put it down.
    Last edited by TomServofan; 01-22-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Feigs a salt monger because his first attempt to escape his niche utterly failed.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I agree with that! and the idea of having kids as new Ghostbusters? you gotta be fuckin' jokin!
    Wasn't such a crazy idea when they did it in the 90s.