Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Default Ghostbusters 3

The third ghostbusters film based on the 80s films is once again trying to get made by aykroyd. Bill murry will be a ghost hanging out at the firehouse if bill comes back. Yes it will be the "passing the torch" movie dan has been wanting to make for years.

They should just take the ghostbusters game audio and make a animated film like they did the first lego batman movie.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dan-ay...-3-is-not-dead

Mighty Member

Just let the franchise go already from film Ackroyd, the last film was a complete failure. Time to retire this franchise on film as it's a dead horse on film.

Ghostbusters never needed to be continued in film. They couldn't get a cast reunion together outside the video game and after Harold Ramis died any idea about a third film should have been put to rest. They had plenty of material to work with the franchise in other mediums. It didn't need saving as a film franchise. It left enough of a legacy as a pop culture icon of the 80s to stay as a two film series. The problem is film studios are too greedy for their own good and think that established franchise films coming back hold some kind of guaranteed profit margins based on brand name alone. Nobody is smart enough to look at a brand like Ghostbusters and properly and efficiently determine the best ways to utilize it based on the fanbase and the legacy it holds.

Look at Back to the future as an example of utilizing the brand in ways that don't mess with the legacy it left. They show enormous respect to their fanbase coming out with different merchandise and apparel and media over the years. They know you can't recreate the magic they had so they let the franchise live on through the fans love of the trilogy. Ghostbusters did so well with the video game. They gave their fans something so authentic and respectful to the films that it's such a shame they had to go the route they did for GB2016 in order to bank off its name. I am very thankful the new film flopped at the box-office and how it killed the franchise and sometimes it's better to kill something then let it suffer. This franchise is now like a wounded half-dead animal since the Real GBs ended and nothing else good has came out in the last 25 years with the exception of the 2009 video game and the merchandise and comics by IDW, no movies since then and other games during the years have sucked and Extreme GBs was ok show and this remake flopped at the box-office.

You just can't recapture the same lightning in a bottle like the original as the original focused on a brilliant mature intelligent script and reminded how well crafted it is a supernatural fantasy comedy adventure with horror trimmings, a solid cast of talented comedy actors who are given just enough space to subtly give wit around without undermining the world of the story. Has an edge to it in the original as the original is what i call great filmmaking.

The new version hits some viewers in the face with painfully forced juvenile Sandler (modern Sandler mind you)-esque humor, a poorly written unfunny script, poor pacing and plus no passion but money grab is. Plus none of the edge of the original movie and a lame villain who lacks the menace of Gozer and Viggo. This shows what 80's and 90's comedy did right, and what some modern comedy is doing wrong. Not to mention shooting the logo in the dick as a bad guy which is an insult to the franchise and there is no passion in this remake and just a cash-grab made by Sony. I have a few female friends who thought this remake was poorly written, sexist towards men as one of my lady friends said it's an unfunny insult to women with such man hating agenda and well i enjoyed a few of Feig's movies, i felt he was the wrong guy for this project and even he didn't want to do it at first but he had to for the paycheck and he felt out of his comfort zone as R-rated films is what he is good at and not big budget PG-13 films as after this flopped, he should go back to original stuff.

Hollywood needs to focus on making good films and focus on the new franchises like Jack Reacher, John Wick etc. not digging up some old favorite franchises and desperately sucking the dried up blood of the corpses into some focus-group approved poorly written piece of junk. Ghostbusters is best left alone. They should had made Ghostbusters 3 years ago like in the 90's, and now that Harold Ramis is dead so has Ghostbusters. Studios need to rediscover the spirit that made great series/movies, not keep recyling past glories.

I hope some people here will understand what i am saying as the world has moved on and some franchises need to be dead and left alone only for the memory of the original to be seen/loved/watched by everyone for years to come on what quality filmmaking is all about and that i am right with my truth about why some series should be left alone as some would and not to recycle some past glories as we moved on and need some fresh new things for current film.

Sometimes dead is better like Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary would say and the franchise died with Harold Ramis.

So what the last film should have freaking been then? Seriously, the moment they threw out the word "reboot" last time I and just about everyone else lost interest. And honestly, that one went about it all so poorly I'm not even sure if a real sequel can excite me. Like, they'd have to do a hell of a good job if they want to earn back my trust in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Just let the franchise go already from film Ackroyd, the last film was a complete failure. Time to retire this franchise on film as it's a dead horse on film.

Ghostbusters never needed to be continued in film. They couldn't get a cast reunion together outside the video game and after Harold Ramis died any idea about a third film should have been put to rest. They had plenty of material to work with the franchise in other mediums. It didn't need saving as a film franchise. It left enough of a legacy as a pop culture icon of the 80s to stay as a two film series. The problem is film studios are too greedy for their own good and think that established franchise films coming back hold some kind of guaranteed profit margins based on brand name alone. Nobody is smart enough to look at a brand like Ghostbusters and properly and efficiently determine the best ways to utilize it based on the fanbase and the legacy it holds.

Look at Back to the future as an example of utilizing the brand in ways that don't mess with the legacy it left. They show enormous respect to their fanbase coming out with different merchandise and apparel and media over the years. They know you can't recreate the magic they had so they let the franchise live on through the fans love of the trilogy. Ghostbusters did so well with the video game. They gave their fans something so authentic and respectful to the films that it's such a shame they had to go the route they did for GB2016 in order to bank off its name. I am very thankful the new film flopped at the box-office and how it killed the franchise and sometimes it's better to kill something then let it suffer. This franchise is now like a wounded half-dead animal since the Real GBs ended and nothing else good has came out in the last 25 years with the exception of the 2009 video game and the merchandise and comics by IDW, no movies since then and other games during the years have sucked and Extreme GBs was ok show and this remake flopped at the box-office.

You just can't recapture the same lightning in a bottle like the original as the original focused on a brilliant mature intelligent script and reminded how well crafted it is a supernatural fantasy comedy adventure with horror trimmings, a solid cast of talented comedy actors who are given just enough space to subtly give wit around without undermining the world of the story. Has an edge to it in the original as the original is what i call great filmmaking.

The new version hits some viewers in the face with painfully forced juvenile Sandler (modern Sandler mind you)-esque humor, a poorly written unfunny script, poor pacing and plus no passion but money grab is. Plus none of the edge of the original movie and a lame villain who lacks the menace of Gozer and Viggo. This shows what 80's and 90's comedy did right, and what some modern comedy is doing wrong. Not to mention shooting the logo in the dick as a bad guy which is an insult to the franchise and there is no passion in this remake and just a cash-grab made by Sony. I have a few female friends who thought this remake was poorly written, sexist towards men as one of my lady friends said it's an unfunny insult to women with such man hating agenda and well i enjoyed a few of Feig's movies, i felt he was the wrong guy for this project and even he didn't want to do it at first but he had to for the paycheck and he felt out of his comfort zone as R-rated films is what he is good at and not big budget PG-13 films as after this flopped, he should go back to original stuff.

Hollywood needs to focus on making good films and focus on the new franchises like Jack Reacher, John Wick etc. not digging up some old favorite franchises and desperately sucking the dried up blood of the corpses into some focus-group approved poorly written piece of junk. Ghostbusters is best left alone. They should had made Ghostbusters 3 years ago like in the 90's, and now that Harold Ramis is dead so has Ghostbusters. Studios need to rediscover the spirit that made great series/movies, not keep recyling past glories.

I hope some people here will understand what i am saying as the world has moved on and some franchises need to be dead and left alone only for the memory of the original to be seen/loved/watched by everyone for years to come on what quality filmmaking is all about and that i am right with my truth about why some series should be left alone as some would and not to recycle some past glories as we moved on and need some fresh new things for current film.

Sometimes dead is better like Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary would say and the franchise died with Harold Ramis.
    Sony isn't going to let the franchise go so I can respect the creators wanting it at least done their way going forward.

Astonishing Member

And here I am feeling even more left out thinking the Real Ghostbusters cartoon was actually the real Ghostbusters franchise and everything else has always been optional media oddities (sometimes with Rick Moranis).

The closest I am to being Bill Murray excited is the horror Groundhog Days inspired movie from Blumhouse getting a sequel next year.

Astonishing Member

The video game technically functions as Ghostbusters 3 anyway. Everybody came back to lend voices for that (just about everyone) including Murray. But if it has to continue, for goodness sake just do a live action version of Extreme Ghostbusters. It ticks all the boxes by having a girl in the group (Kylie), ethnic diversity (Eduardo & Roland), and a paraplegic (Garrett). All they need to do is swap out Egon for Ray (he was just as technical as Egon anyway).

If Annie Potts wants to come back as Janine, she can. If Ernie Hudson wants to come back, he can. Although there is no need for them or Murray.

It opens up the franchise and makes it fresh. But by adding Ray, it can have that tie to the original films to get fans onboard.

fans: let the franchise go already Ackroyd

Ackroyd : Never!!!!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Ehhh...Ackroyd needs work.

I said this early this franchise isn't going away Sony wants it to be a tent pole for them 2016 was a misstep hence moving on from it. But they're not going to give up on it completely the only difference between this franchise and most other older ones the original collaborators of Ackroyd and Reitman wish to still be actively involved which given the results of 2016 I see that as only a positive going forward. Basically if Ackroyd and Reitman "Let It Go" it will still happen just without their voices.

Mighty Member

I'd rather have something new like John Wick franchise for example being a fresh new franchise and sometimes dead is better.

No Ramis, no Ghostbusters! i mean any film not made by him is a shitty cashgrab in my book.

Being a fan of this franchise is like having a beloved pet you had memories with and grew up with, but sadly the time has come to put it to sleep. like having a beloved childhood/teenhood friend who’s been on life support for years and you’ve accepted they’re gone so you’re just waiting for someone to realize they need to pull the plug on them.
    Last edited by TomServofan; 11-16-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I'd rather have something new like John Wick franchise for example being a fresh new franchise and sometimes dead is better.

No Ramis, no Ghostbusters! i mean any film not made by him is a shitty cashgrab in my book.

Being a fan of this franchise is like having a beloved pet you had memories with and grew up with, but sadly the time has come to put it to sleep. like having a beloved childhood/teenhood friend who’s been on life support for years and you’ve accepted they’re gone so you’re just waiting for someone to realize they need to pull the plug on them.
    What you personally want doesn't matter Sony owns the IP and will do what they want the real question is would you rather Aykroyd and Reitman involved or not?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The video game is the third movie. What this movie should be is a sequel to the game. Have the unnamed player character take over the business and have him mentor the extreme Ghostbusters crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The video game is the third movie. What this movie should be is a sequel to the game. Have the unnamed player character take over the business and have him mentor the extreme Ghostbusters crew.
    what is this video game sequel people are talking about?