Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    The second one is good?
    It was borderline for a while.... then it crossed the border.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It was borderline for a while.... then it crossed the border.
    Haha. I always found it too repetitive of the first one without needing to be

That timeline wall is going to be a gold mine for easter eggs.

Egon's daughter looks to be born in 1983 ... Egon was the ladies man confirmed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The second one is good?
    It's a great sequel and apparently underrated. Great villain, great Venkman, clever, funny, geniune scares, fun supporting cast.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-23-2021 at 07:08 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I love GHOSTBUSTERS 2, never understood the hate.

Viggo is the best GB villain and it's not even close. That painting is scary as hell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The nostalgia works to a point. But it shouldn't be a slave to it. I get that they want to remind the audience why we love the franchise so much, but at points it felt like an apology for the 2016 film, "See? We heard you".
    Eh, unlike the original, the core theme of this one is family. ‘Nostalgia’ serves it better than it might other movies, because it seems quite sincere and has a lot of heart.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's a great sequel and apparently underrated. Great villain, great Venkman, clever, funny, geniune scares, fun supporting cast.
    I don't really care for it, tbh. It had reasonable ideas but was too much of a retread. Considering all that's possible with the basic idea of busting ghosts, the sequel did little novel with it.

I don't really care for it, tbh. It had reasonable ideas but was too much of a retread. Considering all that's possible with the basic idea of busting ghosts, the sequel did little novel with it.
    If this is how you feel, can't wait till you see Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

I really wish I could talk about it more but this isn't a spoiler thread. I'll just say in regards to Ghostbusters II, I'd argue they did do things different with it, its just they repeated all of the beats of Ghostbusters I. Here is kind of the opposite, but, can't really talk about it without being spoilery. I hold both in high regards, by the way, and would probably put GB:A a bit above GB2, which I hold in high regard anyway, but of course GB1 blows all of them away.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If this is how you feel, can't wait till you see Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

I really wish I could talk about it more but this isn't a spoiler thread. I'll just say in regards to Ghostbusters II, I'd argue they did do things different with it, its just they repeated all of the beats of Ghostbusters I. Here is kind of the opposite, but, can't really talk about it without being spoilery. I hold both in high regards, by the way, and would probably put GB:A a bit above GB2, which I hold in high regard anyway, but of course GB1 blows all of them away.
    Ok, well, I'll still see it, but I was hoping for something a bit more novel

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I love GHOSTBUSTERS 2, never understood the hate.

Viggo is the best GB villain and it's not even close. That painting is scary as hell.
    Funny thing is it's actually not a painting for the most part-it's a photo of the actor in heavy makeup. The skulls and crumbling stuff behind him are "real" too. The rest of it's a painting though.

Unfortunately when he steps out he kind of looks a bit goofy IMO (Doesn't help that he's silent, Max Von Sydow's voice is part of the appeal). Should've kept the short hair/painting makeup look. Although the "demon form" is a bit intimidating.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Eh, unlike the original, the core theme of this one is family. ‘Nostalgia’ serves it better than it might other movies, because it seems quite sincere and has a lot of heart.
    I get that. I did enjoy it. But I won't deny that it pretty much just riffs on the original again and I really wanted something new. If I want to see Gozer and Zuul/Vinz Clortho I'll just pop GB 1 on. It is a lazy trend in Hollywood to reheat older films and serve it up with new sauce on top. The whole sequel trilogy did it recently with Star Wars and even Halloween Kills was just a modern spin on Halloween 2.

You can have callbacks/nostalgia, but give us something new as well. Although GB: Afterlife pulled it off better than those other examples I listed.

Saw it and liked it overall. New cast did good and it was fun seeing the call backs and all that. While I didn't grow up with the original movie, I do appreciate that they went the Rogue One way and faithfully recreated everything from the original films.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Cameos galore are being revealed! I'll avoid the obvious ones ...

spoilers:

- Stella Ackroyd was the rude Deputy.
    - Ivan Reitman stood in for insert shots for Egon
    - J.K. Simmons was Shandor but that may be pretty obvious
    end of spoilers

In non-spoiler news, Jason Reitman & Gil Kenan signed producing deals with Sony today. They will be getting their own production company finally AND will moonlight with Ghost Corps. The film is also on track to surpass the 2016 reboot. It was made on the cheap, too, so Sony is over the moon with the profit coming in.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cameos galore are being revealed! I'll avoid the obvious ones ...

spoilers:

- Stella Ackroyd was the rude Deputy.
    - Ivan Reitman stood in for insert shots for Egon
    - J.K. Simmons was Shandor but that may be pretty obvious
    end of spoilers

In non-spoiler news, Jason Reitman & Gil Kenan signed producing deals with Sony today. They will be getting their own production company finally AND will moonlight with Ghost Corps. The film is also on track to surpass the 2016 reboot. It was made on the cheap, too, so Sony is over the moon with the profit coming in.
    Glad to hear that. All of the effects and puppets looked really good, so knowing they did that on a budget makes me happier.

One thing that concerns me- I read an interview where Jason Reitman was reiterating that Ghostbusters 2 was cannon, and he mentioned that they could bring in Vigo the Carpathian for a possible sequel. If we do get a sequel (and it's likely we will), I hope they DON'T do that. Not because I hate the second film (I actually really like it), but because nostalgia worked well for THIS film. If they try to do the same thing with Vigo for a sequel, all that tells me is that they don't have any ideas of their own, and they are just coasting on the original movies.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    One thing that concerns me- I read an interview where Jason Reitman was reiterating that Ghostbusters 2 was cannon, and he mentioned that they could bring in Vigo the Carpathian for a possible sequel. If we do get a sequel (and it's likely we will), I hope they DON'T do that. Not because I hate the second film (I actually really like it), but because nostalgia worked well for THIS film. If they try to do the same thing with Vigo for a sequel, all that tells me is that they don't have any ideas of their own, and they are just coasting on the original movies.
    What more could they do with the character, anyways?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)