Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Funnily enough I get a slightly Casper vibe from the film. Not sure if it the old house with hidden technology, the slightly somber comedic tone of the trailer, the kids or the fact Ray appeared in Casper.

Pretty good trailer. Was wondering if they’d reveal the grandfather’s identity or keep it a secret. I think it’s a good choice to give the obvious clues to get the fans hyped. Hopefully the grandmother is Janine. Most likely since Annie Potts is returning to the role. But that means things didn’t work out with poor Louis Tully.

Only thing that is was a little disappointed with in the trailer is that we didn’t see Ray or Winston at the end. I would have totally nerded out!

I'm actually wondering if they're going to ignore 2. The clip they're watching is from the first movie, the car is the original Ecto-1 etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm actually wondering if they're going to ignore 2. The clip they're watching is from the first movie, the car is the original Ecto-1 etc.
    That's what I meant when I said my excitement went down a bit. They have a name for the events of Ghostbusters 1 but not a name for the events of Ghostbusters 2, meaning 2 didn't happen. I didn't even realize it was the first Ecto-1 till you said something. But if that's the case, no Oscar and no Janine/Louis, but it could mean Janine and Egon did eventually get together and had a family.

Yeah and Rick Moranis is very much retired-outside of some voice acting and occasionally appearing in interviews he's pretty much left the spotlight to focus on his family.

Also a lot of the other tech in the basement appears to be the Ghostbusters I versions, not the slightly upgraded ones in the second.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Hopefully Slimer is portrayed as friendly and ends up as the mascot. It's about time it happened in the live action movies. The interaction dynamic in the cartoon was very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pretty good trailer. Was wondering if they’d reveal the grandfather’s identity or keep it a secret. I think it’s a good choice to give the obvious clues to get the fans hyped. Hopefully the grandmother is Janine. Most likely since Annie Potts is returning to the role. But that means things didn’t work out with poor Louis Tully.

Only thing that is was a little disappointed with in the trailer is that we didn’t see Ray or Winston at the end. I would have totally nerded out!
    When Coon was cast, Reitman made a veiled Melnitz joke about her.

They cut the romance seen out of the end of the OG film, maybe we're getting them back together?

Did you guys see all the new gear on the table!? The international trailer showed the new Ecto Goggles in action as well as Phoebe and her friend trying out the old pack. Pistol style proton wands, smaller (handheld maybe) packs, Egon's been a busy boy ... Phoebe's pack is even smaller.

It also should be noted the film is goign to be called GHOSTBUSTERS: Legacy overseas (I assume to get into China).

I wonder what made them go under ground? Those mines in the town are called ... SHANDOR MINES! Egon knew something was going on ... Where else do you think Ivo mined the pure selenium that he used in Dana Barrett's apartment building!? He built temples all over, this could be one of them. I bet Ray and Egon went here investigating it.

And totally calling the OG's showing up at the end to help the kids in a big showdown with Shandor or him bringing something back with Gozer. That orange portal looked rad.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-09-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That's what I meant when I said my excitement went down a bit. They have a name for the events of Ghostbusters 1 but not a name for the events of Ghostbusters 2, meaning 2 didn't happen. I didn't even realize it was the first Ecto-1 till you said something. But if that's the case, no Oscar and no Janine/Louis, but it could mean Janine and Egon did eventually get together and had a family.
    Could be but 1989 is 31 years before this film, thus making the teacher's (named Mr. Grooberson, THAT better be on a jumpsuit!) comment still relevant. Reitman & Akroyd never indicated they were ignoring II and flat out said 1A was a different car. So that could be party of the mystery here, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-09-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I am 100% the target audience for this and... I dunno.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hopefully Slimer is portrayed as friendly and ends up as the mascot. It's about time it happened in the live action movies. The interaction dynamic in the cartoon was very enjoyable.
    I kinda hope he does as well and bonds with one of the kids , hiding behind him. "Blast that sucker...he slimed me years ago !" - Peter to the kids. Slimer hiding behind one of the kids as they say he's friendly and likes to eat. So he won't go back in the trap would be fun.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And totally calling the OG's showing up at the end to help the kids in a big showdown with Shandor or him bringing something back with Gozer.
    That's a bit too similar to the plot from the videogame, which was remastered and re-released in October. So I don't think they'll do that per se, but:

I wonder what made them go under ground? Those mines in the town are called ... SHANDOR MINES! Egon knew something was going on ... Where else do you think Ivo mined the pure selenium that he used in Dana Barrett's apartment building!? He built temples all over, this could be one of them. I bet Ray and Egon went here investigating it.
    There might be something to this though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Could be but 1989 is 31 years before this film, thus making the teacher's (named Mr. Grooberson, THAT better be on a jumpsuit!) comment still relevant.
    The comment in the trailer was the last "ghost sighting" was 30 years ago. That puts it square with Ghostbusters 2, yes, since Ghostbusters 2 took place on New Year's Eve in 1989. But at the same time, the events of part 2 was far more than a "ghost sighting". The statue of liberty walked, the Titanic returned, and City Hall was covered in a wall of impenetrable slime, just to name a few of the things that the entire public would have seen. Sorry but these events would have its own name, too.

WOULD Reitman and Akroyd indicate they are ignoring part 2 (I'll leave the Ecto debate to someone else I can't really tell them apart) beforehand? That's an interesting rebuttal but ok. But as a fan of Ghostbusters 2 I'll still have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The comment in the trailer was the last "ghost sighting" was 30 years ago. That puts it square with Ghostbusters 2, yes, since Ghostbusters 2 took place on New Year's Eve in 1989. But at the same time, the events of part 2 was far more than a "ghost sighting". The statue of liberty walked, the Titanic returned, and City Hall was covered in a wall of impenetrable slime, just to name a few of the things that the entire public would have seen. Sorry but these events would have its own name, too.

WOULD Reitman and Akroyd indicate they are ignoring part 2 (I'll leave the Ecto debate to someone else I can't really tell them apart) beforehand? That's an interesting rebuttal but ok. But as a fan of Ghostbusters 2 I'll still have hope.
    Grooberson also said in the 1980s, ghosts were everywhere in New York like the walking dead.

I really don't think they're going to ditch GBII.

This is the first trailer, I'm sure the nitpciky world building will come. And based on all the gear and the fact that Reitman name checked the event in 1984 with a nerdy, in-universe name, I think it will be fine.

Didn’t grab my attention at all. Oh well.

Fantastic Member

I genuinely want to see this movie. I have no idea if it'll be good or not but it has my attention which is quite different from the 2016 one.

Anyway, I'me curious about the budget and couldn't find any details on it. The original two films were made for roughly $70 million when adjusted for inflation while the 2016 film cost at least $144 million (probably closer to $155 million). Judging by the look of the film I'm guessing it'll be closer to the former and not the latter.