Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Kraven the Hunter

I didn’t know Odin was Kraven’s dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I didn’t know Odin was Kraven’s dad!
    I think you mean Zeus.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I think you mean Zeus.
    Oops, yeah. My bad. Attempted funny fail.

Till Rhino shows up it looks like it could just be any action movie. I mean it looks cool and all but not what I was wanting from A Kraven Movie. But I guess without Spidey there is only so much they can do.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

I love that Russell Crowe just does the same generic accent for his European character.

That being said, trailer looks like a generic, action film.

Nothing special about it at all.

Looks pretty similar to Morbius. It's Kraven time!

Mighty Member

Wow, I'd read that this was getting positive early buzz. But this looks as bad, or worse, than Morbius.

This is going to be an easy pass.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

When will Sony just realize that trying to make villains anti heroes doesn't work. This just looks stupid, and definetely doesn't look or feel like Kraven the hunter. The fact that they just had that preview of the new game with Kraven witch NAILED the character perfectly makes this dogshit look even worse.

Looks awful. American Kraven? His only move is to stab people in the face? His job is to take evil out of the world? What a sad day for Spider-Man fans.

Stop putting people who don't read comics in charge of these movies.

Is the kid saying "you are exactly like our father" supposed to be Chameleon? Chameleon is one of the first (actually, he might be THE first) super villains to appear in the Spider books, and from what I remember, Kraven was introduced as his lackey, and here he seems like the little brother. Until the inevitable post credit scene where someone gives him an imaging device

Another trainwreck, and it's not just Sony's fault, it's every studio putting out this crap now, a highly corporate and nefarious industry with a death grip on beloved characters that don't deserve this treatment.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Ultimate Member

And I remain completely at odds with the rest of the world, I'm looking forward to this. (But I liked reviled movies like Morbius and Green Lantern, and couldn't stand the various Batman and Venom movies, so I'm that guy.)

While I agree that it looks like an action movie once you get past the premise, it still looks promising to me though I'm already seeing the "It sucks 'cause it ain't exactly the comic book character" arguments.

I definitely want to see it. In fact, it interests me more than some of the recent MCU stuff. It will be interesting to see if they eventually make a deal to have him cross over with the MCU and fight Spider-Man, if he finishes with his father and then decides to start hunting serious prey. Or, hell, fight the "Amazing Spider-Man" version, which was also far, far better than some people give it credit for.

The Rhino thing (which may or may not be a major part of this movie) also looks interesting. Yes, yes, again, clearly not the origin of the comic book version. Then again, until now, we've had no Kraven at all and only a Rhino cameo in Amazing Spider-Man.
    Power with Girl is better.

I don't know about this the anti hero angle really only works for Venom.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Looks awful. American Kraven? His only move is to stab people in the face? His job is to take evil out of the world? What a sad day for Spider-Man fans.

Stop putting people who don't read comics in charge of these movies.

Is the kid saying "you are exactly like our father" supposed to be Chameleon? Chameleon is one of the first (actually, he might be THE first) super villains to appear in the Spider books, and from what I remember, Kraven was introduced as his lackey, and here he seems like the little brother. Until the inevitable post credit scene where someone gives him an imaging device

Another trainwreck, and it's not just Sony's fault, it's every studio putting out this crap now, a highly corporate and nefarious industry with a death grip on beloved characters that don't deserve this treatment.
    Do you genuinely believe they don't know that this is different than who Kraven was in the comics?

They know. Just as they know Obadiah Stane was not part of Stark's origin or that Stark redoubled his weapons manufacturing to beat the "Enemies of America". The same with most of the characters.

Right now, it seems to be mostly coming down to, "This isn't what he is in the comics so it's bad!" To be honest, making him what he was in the early comics, pretty much until his last hunt, would come across as something that wouldn't be taken very seriously.

Not to mention there's still the possibility of a future crossover with the MCU Spider-Man or the Sony Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And I remain completely at odds with the rest of the world, I'm looking forward to this. (But I liked reviled movies like Morbius and Green Lantern, and couldn't stand the various Batman and Venom movies, so I'm that guy.)
    I haven't seen "Morbius" but there are a lot of MCU movies and other movies that got blasted that I think are rather decent. For now, I'll reserve opinion until I know more than "Superhero movie has action scenes" and "It's not exactly comic Kraven so bad."