Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

I am really looking forward to the new film. I have been a fan of Ghostbusters since I was a kid in the 80's.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Man ... all the toys are really spoiler heavy now.

I wish they kept that revised July date ... avoid the toy aisle!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

While I’m super excited about Afterlife, I’m a bit skeptical about the future of the franchise. If this is the last hurrah for the OG Ghostbusters, I’m not sure a team consisting of 4 kids will be able to carry the sequels. I’m sure they are fine actors but I seriously doubt they’ll have the comedic chops or charisma of the originals.

I was hoping that Rudd would be a new recruit as he would fit perfectly with the classic Ghostbusters vibe, but it seems like he’ll just be a stand in for Lewis Tully. Though Lewis did eventually put on the proton pack in part II, so there’s always that potential. I really hope they add some established comedic actors to the roster in any follow ups. The gang of kids/teens chasing ghosts doesn’t have the same appeal. I don’t want Ghostbusters to become Scooby Doo.

Well if a bunch of Women didn’t work as Ghostbusters lets try a bunch of Kids was my reaction when I saw the trailer
    Last edited by PLG1962; 08-06-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Well if a bunch of Women didn’t work as Ghostbusters like try a bunch of Kids was my reaction when I saw the trailer
    Yah. Getting a serious Stranger Things vibe here as well, which imho is not a good thing. I mean, I'll still see it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

First reactions are out from last nights screening. They loved it!

https://mashable.com/article/ghostbu...irst-reactions

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    First reactions are out from last nights screening. They loved it!

https://mashable.com/article/ghostbu...irst-reactions
    Great to hear. Not 100% on board with kids taking over the lead roles but I’m still super excited to see it.

After credits scene confirmed it seems.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Well if a bunch of Women didn’t work as Ghostbusters lets try a bunch of Kids was my reaction when I saw the trailer
    Well the all female version had its fair share of problems that had nothing to do with the gender of the main stars...

Ultimate Member

I don't think the 2016 movie failed because it was all women.

Ultimate Member

I never said that it failed because it was all women, only that the movie had problems that had nothing to do with the stars of the movie...

The Halle Berry Catwoman movie wasn't terrible because the main character was a woman...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I never said that it failed because it was all women, only that the movie had problems that had nothing to do with the stars of the movie...

The Halle Berry Catwoman movie wasn't terrible because the main character was a woman...
    No, I was referring to other comments about this, not yours.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think the 2016 movie failed because it was all women.
    It was poorly written. Jokes fell flat. It tried to "force" the wrong things.

But don't tell the WOKE FOLK that, they aren't buying it. They have their narrative and stick to it rigidly.
    If you didn't like you are just a SEXIST. Period. Lump you in with all the "Twitter Proof" they have from a few basement dwellers.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It was poorly written. Jokes fell flat. It tried to "force" the wrong things.

But don't tell the WOKE FOLK that, they aren't buying it. They have their narrative and stick to it rigidly.
    If you didn't like you are just a SEXIST. Period. Lump you in with all the "Twitter Proof" they have from a few basement dwellers.
    Um, isn't it the opposite? anti-woke people blame the vague semblance of social progress as "SJWs ruining movies," when the movies faults had nothing to do with women. It got bad reactions before it even came out just because the cast was female.

The early reactions for Ghostbusters Afterlife seems positive. I am very much looking forward to the movie and I think the trailers have been great so far. Seems to be the sequel Ghostbusters fans have been waiting YEARS for.

Side note, I wonder if the 2009 Ghostbusters Video Game is still canon. When that game came out it was be promoted as the third film in a way. The story is solid and it's still the BEST Ghostbusters game out there. If the game is still canon, then Afterlife should technically be Ghostbusters 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Um, isn't it the opposite? anti-woke people blame the vague semblance of social progress as "SJWs ruining movies," when the movies faults had nothing to do with women. It got bad reactions before it even came out just because the cast was female.
    Honestly while there was definitely people who disliked it simply because it was all female out of the gate the hate didn't gain steam until after the trailer which was just bad.

The jokes were bad and the effects looked like they were from Haunted Mansion film. Also before the trailer even dropped the whole plot of the film was leaked and all over the internet and it sounded bad then the awful trailer backed the leaks with scenes from the leaks being in the trailer. So the negative reaction before release wasn't just because of the cast being female alone.