Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is this video game sequel people are talking about?
    There was a Ghostbusters game released back in 2009 that served as a sequel to Ghostbusters II. All the actors including Murray returned to reprise their roles, loan their likenesses to the game, and Aykroyd and Ramis helped developed the game's script. For all intents and purposes the video game served as the third movie and many fans accepted it.

Yup they even got the actors for walter peck and the mayor back! The ps3/xbox version was made to look like the movie version and the wii was made to look like the real ghostbusters cartoon. You play the "rookie" who is a male in the ps3/xbox version but in the wii you choose a male or female.

The game had both comedy and scary parts. It got scary at times! Funny thing is all the creepy stuff and the rookie is spooked it does not bother the ghostbusters who are talking about a baseball game while creepy stuff is going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yup they even got the actors for walter peck and the mayor back! The ps3/xbox version was made to look like the movie version and the wii was made to look like the real ghostbusters cartoon. You play the "rookie" who is a male in the ps3/xbox version but in the wii you choose a male or female.

The game had both comedy and scary parts. It got scary at times! Funny thing is all the creepy stuff and the rookie is spooked it does not bother the ghostbusters who are talking about a baseball game while creepy stuff is going on!
    The mayor was Brian Doyle Murray in the game, not David Margulies.

Anyway, pre-2015 Dan is back! I love it.

They have two 2019 35th anniversary projects in the que at Ghost Corps.

Ecto 1 was filming a chase scene for an ad in LA last week.

Gunn and Waititi were at Ghost Corps meeting with Dan & Reitman last week according to THR. Waititi's been tweeting about ghosts and ghost busting a lot lately.

They have a new cartoon show coming out next year and an animated movie in pre-production.

The mobile game Ghostbusters World, is going bonkers.

Netflix was turned away from filming interiors at the LA fire station used for the OG firehouse interiors. It's now being turned into a children's museum but Netflix is planning on going back to redress it before the opening. Ghost Corps and Netflix have had a partnership agreement for a new live action show since last year. But this could be for the ghost comedy show that will have a GB reference. The agreement went into place during the rights-securing stage of Stranger Things Season 2.

I don't think it's dead yet.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-16-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There was a Ghostbusters game released back in 2009 that served as a sequel to Ghostbusters II. All the actors including Murray returned to reprise their roles, loan their likenesses to the game, and Aykroyd and Ramis helped developed the game's script. For all intents and purposes the video game served as the third movie and many fans accepted it.
    Problem is a videogame can't really be the third movie for people who don't play videogames. For the rest of us the closest thing to Ghostbusters 3 was Casper, and Ray totally got jobbed there.

curious. I checked out some YouTube footage of the game. Seems very cool. I've never owned a PS3 or Xbox 360, so, I guess I won't get to try it for now..

as far as a real sequel, it seems not a good idea to do without Mr. Ramis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. I checked out some YouTube footage of the game. Seems very cool. I've never owned a PS3 or Xbox 360, so, I guess I won't get to try it for now..

as far as a real sequel, it seems not a good idea to do without Mr. Ramis.
    The game is also on PC.

Default Ghostbusters 3

Jason Reitman is directing Ghostbusters 3 it will be set in the OG universe and not 2016 reboot.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new...jason-reitman/

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

About damn time.

I remember being told I was stupid for thinking this was going to happen but I kept sharing my sourced news.

Validation is awesome.

I am beyond hyped!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I hope it's a movie version of extreme ghostbusters.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I hope it's a movie version of extreme ghostbusters.
    I can see it taking inspiration from it like the new Star Wars trilogy did with the Expanded Universe.

Will take place in the classic universe. The movies (and the ps4 game) are still canon and this takes place today. The film will be a "pass the torch" film like extreme ghostbusters.

A cartoon movie is in the works also.

Fantastic Member

Oh dear Lord, I love GB 1 & 2 but they just need to let it stay dead.

BANNED