Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The 2009 game is getting remastered and will be released this fall

I'm looking forward to this, but I really can't tell the difference without some sort of comparison. I loved the video game 10 years ago, and its multiplayer was an absolute blast.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm looking forward to this, but I really can't tell the difference without some sort of comparison. I loved the video game 10 years ago, and its multiplayer was an absolute blast.
    They probably didn't do much to it other than increase the resolution, screen ratio and increase frame rate.

Confirmation that Dana is back as well as Ray, Peter, and Winston.

Sigourney Weaver Reminisces on Her Career, Alien and the Upcoming Avatar.

“She’s also set to reunite with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd in the new Ghostbusters, due July 2020. “It’s going to be crazy working with the guys again!” she says. She won’t reveal any details except to confirm she’s reprising her role as hauntee Dana Barrett.”

I guess we’ll hear more tomorrow when the old and new cast appear with Jason Reitman at the Ghostbuster Fan Fest!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Very excited about the remaster Ghostbusters game! It’s basically the third movie and allowed Akroyd to do the “Ghostbusters go to the ghost world” story he’d been wanting to make since the 90s. I was really worried we’d never see the game get remaster since the company that made it apparently went out of business. So really awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Confirmation that Dana is back as well as Ray, Peter, and Winston.

Sigourney Weaver Reminisces on Her Career, Alien and the Upcoming Avatar.

“She’s also set to reunite with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd in the new Ghostbusters, due July 2020. “It’s going to be crazy working with the guys again!” she says. She won’t reveal any details except to confirm she’s reprising her role as hauntee Dana Barrett.”

I guess we’ll hear more tomorrow when the old and new cast appear with Jason Reitman at the Ghostbuster Fan Fest!
    Great to hear! The Ghostbusters passing the torch to a younger generation would’ve been enjoyable even without Murray and Weaver but this just makes it all so much better.

Can't be the only person to think this when you first heard Weaver was coming back

https://images.app.goo.gl/28MWFhyakrNnN5kL7

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Great to hear! The Ghostbusters passing the torch to a younger generation would’ve been enjoyable even without Murray and Weaver but this just makes it all so much better.
    That really should've been the plot to 2016. I liked that cast separately in their own work, but that script bringing them together was just ugh. If the idea was to tap into nostalgia, then we didn't need an origin story, we needed a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That really should've been the plot to 2016. I liked that cast separately in their own work, but that script bringing them together was just ugh. If the idea was to tap into nostalgia, then we didn't need an origin story, we needed a sequel.
    ATC needed very little tweaks to turn it into a passing of the torch movie.
    - Patty is Winston's niece
    - Peter is now a famed debunker
    - Ray runs the bookstore
    - Janine still works the front desk ... at the hotel
    - The department and office Erin work's out of is named after Egon, complete with headbust.
    - Dana moved into science after what happened with Oscar, Egon, and the guys.

Pretty much done. I bet like 60% of the animosity goes away if you made those small tweaks.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-07-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Wonder if it'll have that whole plotline Weaver was hinting at in some interviews that Oscar is in fact Venkman's son, and one of the Ghostbusters himself (The character's probably supposed to be around 30 now).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if it'll have that whole plotline Weaver was hinting at in some interviews that Oscar is in fact Venkman's son, and one of the Ghostbusters himself (The character's probably supposed to be around 30 now).
    No, it's based around a family being haunted. Finn Wolfhard is the brother, Carrie Coon is the mom, and McKenna Grace is the sister. From earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Another casting update:

The Hollywood Reporter is stating that another one of the young leads for Ghostbusters 2020 has been cast, with McKenna Grace (Fuller House, Captain Marvel, Annabelle Comes Home) joining the growing ensemble.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...MsNPeo16JsRCkc

She joins Finn Wolfhard and Carrie Coon with pre-produciton nearly wrapper and filming slated to begin in June!

Also, a newly purchased stunt car was delivered to the Sony lot.

LINK.

We’re going to see the Ecto in action in the movie and they're gonna open her up!

The only big news at FanFest today was ...

Sigourney Weaver has read the script.
    Dan Aykroyd has read the script.
    Ernie Hudson has read the script.
    Bill Murray has read the script.

They made it sound like extended cameos, not a passing the torch film.

Contracts are not signed for them yet. Principle photography in Canada has taken place, with full filming beginning to less than 5 weeks. The principle cast is signed (Grace, Wolfhard, Coon) and a lot of practical effects are being used and already created (like in the teaser, even the lettering was practical).

Nothing really new yet.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-08-2019 at 10:54 PM.

kind of sounds a bit like Poltergeist meets Ghostbusters (Interestingly, the first movie had it's own quartet of spook-hunters: Marty, Dr. Lesh, Ryan and Tangina. Poltergeist II also establishes that some of the hauntings of the Freelings are also due to the activity of an apocalyptic cult, kind of like GB1).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    kind of sounds a bit like Poltergeist meets Ghostbusters (Interestingly, the first movie had it's own quartet of spook-hunters: Marty, Dr. Lesh, Ryan and Tangina. Poltergeist II also establishes that some of the hauntings of the Freelings are also due to the activity of an apocalyptic cult, kind of like GB1).
    Funny you say that ...

Dan was inspired by Stranger Things. He wanted a group of kids dealing with a haunting but now it is family per Jason's ideas. Jason Reitman put it, "Stranger Things meets Poltergeist meets Ghostbusters with a bit of Goonies, Up in the Air, and Juno tossed in. It will be a love letter to the Ghostbusters and I want to scare children. I want angry letters from parents that took their kids to the movie."

.. so did Egon and Janine eventually have a child? The void from Harold Ramis' passing has to be addressed somehow.

Didn't she start dating louis in part 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .. so did Egon and Janine eventually have a child? The void from Harold Ramis' passing has to be addressed somehow.
    Probably not going to happen the way we think or anybody thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Didn't she start dating louis in part 2?
    Yes, but it could be possible to go back down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Janine's hook up with Louis was pretty much all about her wanting a baby of her own, so unless she broke up with Louis and got back with Egon, probably not.