Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's not really hate but disappointment.

I've always enjoyed it.

Well, I'd fight you on the humor. "Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9?" Is a great joke among others.

It's a different movie up until the rise in act II. Then it becomes a rehash and everything else it is criticized for. It's a prime example of studio meddling. They had to change the color of the slime to be less scary, they didn't want the Lady Liberty being the bad guy, the didn't want the baby becoming the bad guy, they wanted Dana back as a love interest for Peter instead of the new one planned, they didn't want Janine with Egon, they didn't like the big bad that schools the GBs being Russian, they didn't like Vigo killing nuns in the opening, and they didn't want the Ghostbusters dying among others. They also cut so much of the film that had full effect scenes, that Akroyd and the director have said you can change the whole movie with those back in. Murray read and signed on with a different version of the script than they shot with, so he wasn't too happy, hence his hesitation for big franchises afterwards.

Gotta love those overbearing producers.
    That was a good call, IMHO; I really hate the new love interest a movie thing, esp. since it undermines the investment in the previous story.
    (IMHO, the idea of Janinie and Egon as a couple was so underplayed in the original movie -- not to mention Egon didn't seem interested in the first place -- I think it's real easy to miss, so I think they were safe in scrapping that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    The new trailer seems to be under the assumption that the original Ghostbusters was a Steven Spielberg movie, and that characters were Jedi or Optimus Prime.

Honestly, this looks like a completely mediocre film that's going to get the easiest free pass from fans just because it's not the last movie.
    I dunno; I'm very casual in my enjoyment of the original and I think it looks like fun.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

(IMHO, the idea of Janinie and Egon as a couple was so underplayed in the original movie -- not to mention Egon didn't seem interested in the first place -- I think it's real easy to miss, so I think they were safe in scrapping that.)
    It was used more in the cartoon. One episode it was the main part of the story! Later they changed it to luis to match the movie and kids hated it so much by extreme ghostbusters she was with egon again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It was used more in the cartoon. One episode it was the main part of the story! Later they changed it to luis to match the movie and kids hated it so much by extreme ghostbusters she was with egon again!
    Never saw the cartoons. Should fix that.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If you're a big comic book and TV fan, the Real Ghostbusters cartoon has a lot of famous comic book writers, sc-fi authors, Star Trek alumnus, big time Disney creators, and TV creators cutting their teeth on the show. J. Michael Straczynski wrote and was showrunner for the good stretches, Chuck Menville wrote a ton, Michael Reaves, Marc Scott Zicree, Steve Perry, Arthur Byron Cover, David Gerrold, Kathryn M. Drennan, John Shirley, William Rotsler, Linda Woolverton, and more!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I haven't watched it in a very very long time, but I remember it legitimately creeping me out as a kid.

Regarding cut material from II, I've read-and I think at least seen at one point-that several of the scenes seen in the "Ghostbusters are back" montage were intended to be full scenes, including one where Ray shows signs of being under Vigo's influence although far more subtly than Janosz; essentially being his "mole" inside the Ghostbusters, explaining why Ray looks mesmerized for a moment and then is briefly possessed by Vigo towards the end in the finished film. Possibly also the scene with the floating glass and the lasers too; in the film it's kind of a huh? thing without context.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Regarding cut material from II, I've read-and I think at least seen at one point-that several of the scenes seen in the "Ghostbusters are back" montage were intended to be full scenes, including one where Ray shows signs of being under Vigo's influence although far more subtly than Janosz; essentially being his "mole" inside the Ghostbusters, explaining why Ray looks mesmerized for a moment and then is briefly possessed by Vigo towards the end in the finished film. Possibly also the scene with the floating glass and the lasers too; in the film it's kind of a huh? thing without context.
    They were going to have no montage but several smaller busts leading up to the museum. Ghost Jogger, all that stuff in the montage was culled from cut scenes (kind of like the scene from the first montage in GB). They also were going to have a subplot of Louis training to be a GB and trying to catch Slimer, but him and Slimer come to an agreement of sorts.

Also, they filmed a chase scene where Ray is possessed. He runs a red light and says he's going to kill everybody. Zeddemore socks Ray, hits the brakes and crashes into a tree. Ray snaps out it and apologizes to everyone. While everyone checks on Ecto, Peter Venkman tells Egon Spengler not to let Ray shave.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-11-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If you're a big comic book and TV fan, the Real Ghostbusters cartoon has a lot of famous comic book writers, sc-fi authors, Star Trek alumnus, big time Disney creators, and TV creators cutting their teeth on the show. J. Michael Straczynski wrote and was showrunner for the good stretches, Chuck Menville wrote a ton, Michael Reaves, Marc Scott Zicree, Steve Perry, Arthur Byron Cover, David Gerrold, Kathryn M. Drennan, John Shirley, William Rotsler, Linda Woolverton, and more!
    Recognize a few of those name.

Admittedly, between the two, the Extreme one always sounded more interesting then the Real one.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Great interview with Bill Murray. First official confirmation that Venkman is back.

Exclusive: Hanging With Bill Murray on the Set of Ghostbusters: Afterlife - The original cast passes the proton pack to a new generation in Jason Reitman’s upcoming movie.

Also, new set photos!

Murray wanted all the cast and kids to carry the old, heavy packs to understand how good they have it.

Murray and Finn also confirmed that "the trailer doesn't even show any of the big stuff."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    There's one really cool episode where the headless horseman has become almost like Ghost Rider, riding a motorcycle instead of a horse...it's an episode of the cartoon from the 90's I think...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    There's one really cool episode where the headless horseman has become almost like Ghost Rider, riding a motorcycle instead of a horse...it's an episode of the cartoon from the 90's I think...
    That's from the 1980s. It's called the Headless Motorcyclist. It's part of Season 2 on the DVD from the Real Ghostbusters but I think under the new system it's Season 4, episode 6.

They have to beat him without using the traditional methods they normally employ.

It has a fun Disneyland joke and a neat Doctor Who reference.

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-24-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Yeah the cartoon had some good episodes like the boogyman and the sandman episodes. They even did a "superman" spoof episode and one episode had them going to Hollywood to see them making a movie based on them and it was the real movie. Peter says bill "looks nothing like me."

Video about bill. Note a spoiler in the video. (no it's not stay puff who as far as we know is not in the film.)

Also note--

They will be using more real effects like the first two and only using cg when needed!

Bill loved the script.

The film will be more scary like the video game but still have comedy.

There will be a "silly" ghost at one point. (the video hints it's a roller skating granny) That has not been confirmed.

No rick at all. Dang.

spoilers:
    Bill takes part in the last battle and is wearing a pack.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-26-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Moranis is pretty much retired from acting after the death of his wife; although he still does the occasional interview or voice-over.

Kind of curious how John Candy would've handled the role of Louis. I'm guessing it might've been a bit like his Vacation character.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The first round of new toys is out today.

Expect a bigger splash and spoilers tomorrow.

The first round of new toys is out today.

Expect a bigger splash and spoilers tomorrow.
    I'm so, so glad that kids today can get the same rush I had when I was a kid thanks to Ghostbusters toys.

We're not the target audience for this line, but I'm glad that it's there.