Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Afterlife has passed the reboots box office friday!

Also lord and miller talk about a spin off to ghostbusters afterlife with chris pratt and Tatum that was a early pitch years ago. From the sound of it this will be a second team (the sony video game and comics confirmed they made other teams for other parts of the world) going on adventures. Sounds like this will take place in the post right after gb2 era.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ph...m-chris-pratt/

Ernie hudson confirmed a second in canon sony game is in the works also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Afterlife has passed the reboots box office friday!

Also lord and miller talk about a spin off to ghostbusters afterlife with chris pratt and Tatum that was a early pitch years ago. From the sound of it this will be a second team (the sony video game and comics confirmed they made other teams for other parts of the world) going on adventures. Sounds like this will take place in the post right after gb2 era.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ph...m-chris-pratt/

Ernie hudson confirmed a second in canon sony game is in the works also.
    Hooray! This makes my heart happy!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Good to hear. I think Afterlife set up a good foundation for sequels. I would like to see them let Rudd be an actual Ghostbuster and maybe add another female comedian to the roster. Still really sad that Kate McKinnon was wasted on the failed reboot. I hope they just keep Phoebe and maybe Trevor but move away from the “kids gang catching ghosts” thing.

My choices for new members would be Keenan Thompson and Melissa Villaseñor.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-27-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm interested.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Wow, I'm excited about that Ray Parker documentary, should be pretty interesting.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Given the recent controversies around Murray, I think that maybe it might be a bad idea to bring back the originals for next film. Akroyd seems ambivalent to the idea as well. We got a pretty decent 'passing the torch' scene although the post-credits did leave the door open.

Maybe have the new group work in the old firehouse that Winston refurbished? While GB:A was a nice change of setting by having it take place in small-town rural America it'd be interesting to have them return to New York, given that the first two and the 2016 reboot are very NY-centric films.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Given the recent controversies around Murray, I think that maybe it might be a bad idea to bring back the originals for next film. Akroyd seems ambivalent to the idea as well. We got a pretty decent 'passing the torch' scene although the post-credits did leave the door open.

Maybe have the new group work in the old firehouse that Winston refurbished? While GB:A was a nice change of setting by having it take place in small-town rural America it'd be interesting to have them return to New York, given that the first two and the 2016 reboot are very NY-centric films.
    Hudson and Potts are filming with the new cast.

Akroyd will probably put in an appearance.

They're doing some NY stuff and they rebuilt the firehouse set.

And Ghostbusters is Dan's passion project ... He is all over everything for it. Even there new game coming out Tuesday.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-16-2022 at 09:15 AM.

I just couldn't get into kid Ghostbusters....

New director while last one takes a big behind the scenes role. Afterlife cast returns. Only classic ghostbuster we know returning is ernie hudson but you know dan will be there. (Even if it's just a cameo)

Back to the firehouse. Sounds like extreme ghostbusters with winston replacing egon.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/ghostbu...an-1235190148/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    New director while last one takes a big behind the scenes role. Afterlife cast returns. Only classic ghostbuster we know returning is ernie hudson but you know dan will be there. (Even if it's just a cameo)

Back to the firehouse. Sounds like extreme ghostbusters with winston replacing egon.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/ghostbu...an-1235190148/
    Glad Rudd is coming back. I think they need to add another adult to the cast as the Ghostbusters kids gang schtick got old by the end of Afterlife. I would love to see someone like Kenan Thompson brought onboard. A veteran comedic actor.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Ghostbuster Afterlife I first watched on DVD, thought I'd like it and definitely did not like it (in almost any sense of the film). So I'm not on board for this coming sequel. Vigo, who I love, probably won't win me back. Afterlife didn't help Gozer.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Yeah, my main disappointment with the film is that they simply re-hashed the villains from the first, just in a different setting.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Well like I intimated earlier, 2 and 3(Afterlife) are two sides of the same coin in a way. 2 had a lot of great ideas, but stuck in the framework of repeating a lot of the beats of part 1. 3 on the other hand, didn't really introduce anything new, but was at the same time its own thing with its own beats. Interestingly, if Vigo is returning (screenrant is saying this, but its screenrant) it would be interesting to me at least to see the ideas from that movie, while no longer original, in a story that's not Ghostbusters 1 with a new painjob.