Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

"It's fake!"

*Reitman posts teaser trailer as they've been secretly working on the film*

"It's real!"

As far as news goes ...

- Reitman and co said it will be a mixed team, meaning old and new, male and female.
    - The plan is 4 teens but Jason will not say if they're being trained by the old guys, or trying to bring the GB back.
    - It will be a passing of the torch, “both inside and out.”
    - And it is “the next chapter in the original story."
    - Joe Keery and Gaten Matarazzo have reportedly been cast as two of the new Ghostbusters but it was suggested that Gaten is not part of the "new four" but a supporting character.
    - Ackroyd, both Reitmans, and the Duffer Brothers have allegedly been writing the script.
    - The farm in the teaser is the Stantz family farm mortgaged over and over.
    - New animated show is coming.
    - New animated movie is in production.
    - RBG will be seen again but they want to save that surprise for later.
    - The movie "Rust City" that has been in pre-production since June has been confirmed to be Ghostbusters 3.
    - Sony and Netflix are working out a tentative deal for a live-action sequel series, set in the 84 GhostVerse.
    - ATC will be folded into the 84 GhostVerse "in the near future."
    - ATC made more money than people are reporting due to "lower than average marketing" and it made enough to bankroll the new film.
    - The hero car that filmed in LA for the Wal-Mart ad came from the set of the new movie. They previously reported it as a "fan build" to keep people off the scent of the new movie.

I'm hyped!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-16-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Why not? Still a long way from release but i'm going to keep an eye on it.

Never been a huge GB fan for being honest, even back then, but it can't be worst than GB 2 right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I can see it taking inspiration from it like the new Star Wars trilogy did with the Expanded Universe.
    I posted in the other thread but ...

- Reitman and co said it will be a mixed team, meaning old and new, male and female.
    - The plan is 4 teens but Jason will not say if they're being trained by the old guys, or trying to bring the GB back.
    - It will be a passing of the torch, “both inside and out.”
    - And it is “the next chapter in the original story."
    - Joe Keery and Gaten Matarazzo have reportedly been cast as two of the new Ghostbusters but it was suggested that Gaten is not part of the "new four" but a supporting character.
    - Ackroyd, both Reitmans, and the Duffer Brothers have allegedly been writing the script.
    - The farm in the teaser is the Stantz family farm mortgaged over and over.
    - New animated show is coming.
    - New animated movie is in production.
    - RBG will be seen again but they want to save that surprise for later.
    - The movie "Rust City" that has been in pre-production since June has been confirmed to be Ghostbusters 3.
    - Sony and Netflix are working out a tentative deal for a live-action sequel series, set in the 84 GhostVerse.
    - ATC will be folded into the 84 GhostVerse "in the near future."
    - ATC made more money than people are reporting due to "lower than average marketing" and it made enough to bankroll the new film.
    - The hero car that filmed in LA for the Wal-Mart ad came from the set of the new movie. They previously reported it as a "fan build" to keep people off the scent of the new movie.

So it might be like Extreme Ghostbusters.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm looking forward to this. It's be nice to have Ray and the rest of the gang back to pass the torch. It's really what they should have done the last movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    OMG! Hyped!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'm really excited to see how all this pans out. I'll be following this every step of the way!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Must have Murray. The stain of 2016 must be obliterated from memory & never spoken of again. In time we will forget the stink of that horrible shame & miserable failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Why not? Still a long way from release but i'm going to keep an eye on it.

Never been a huge GB fan for being honest, even back then, but it can't be worst than GB 2 right?
    GB2 was good till the 3rd act when it totally became GB1 in new clothes.

If you ever read the OG GB2 script, you'll be mad that Sony changed a lot of it. The 3 biggest changes being the Egon/Janine romance, Janine/Dana/Luis saving the guys in the end, and the slime being green.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Must have Murray. The stain of 2016 must be obliterated from memory & never spoken of again. In time we will forget the stink of that horrible shame & miserable failure.
    You realize without it, this movie could never be made.

And it freed up Bill from ever having to be in another movie.

He held up GB3 being made in 92, 96, 97, 2005, 2009 ...

We'll most likely be getting Ray and Winston and Janine and no Peter or Egon.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    imo the four women Ghostbusters were pretty good in those roles. It's just the direction and tone of the movie that made it misfire. As it is, Beastierunner's right, we wouldn't be getting this movie if the 2016 movie -- for good or for bad -- didn't exist; it means that those outside of Aykroyd and (Ivan) Reitman could be in charge of development (which is a big hurdle), that there's still an audience that will pay millions to watch the brand, that the nostalgia factor is still in play for the franchise, and despite lower box office returns, the movie made enough to begin work on this film (there are many franchise movies that did well enough financially but critical response is what stops or hampers a direct sequel in their cases -- contrary to popular belief, Batman & Robin, Man of Steel, and Amazing Spider-Man all actually performed decently in terms of global box office (even turning a profit), but critical reception forced execs to rethink their approach with those franchises. We just equate bad reception with bombing financially when they're not always synonymous.

Learned today that Jason was one of the kids at the birthday party Ray and Winston show up at at the beginning of two. Specifically, the one who tells them they're full of crap.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Cautiously optimistic, but not super hopeful?

But I don't know, I'll need to know a lot more about this before I get excited.

Part of me feels like the ship has sailed on a GB3. Part of me is over the 30 year later sequel thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post

Part of me feels like the ship has sailed on a GB3. Part of me is over the 30 year later sequel thing.
    Jason's a good director. I like ATC but ...

It's the director of Juno/Thank You For Smoking/Up in the Air vs. Bridesmaids/The Heat/Spy.

Who's more likely to churn out something really good?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post

I think that it's totally fair to be cautious. On the other hand, it's also that Jason Reitman has a better track record of getting projects through than Aykroyd, and his filmography is pretty good, too. Like all things, we wait and see.

BANNED

Is this the Chris Platt and Channing Tatum movie that should have came out instead?