Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

Afaik Answer the call itself was just a mediocre reboot, the real issue was the toxic marketing campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Not sure why a second thread was made but could someone please merge the two?
    This was a rumor thread before the other reaction thread was made. Hopefully, this one gets merged with the other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why do we need to let GB die again? Because the reboot was a dud and the 2ed is disliked by some? That doesn't mean this can't be good or they shouldn't try because this can be great and it's not like GB really went away to begin with they've been around in one way or another for years (games comics TV books toys etc) why stop trying at movies?
    Exactly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The other thing about the OG Ghostbusters was that so many amazing coincidences kept happening that made for some nice movie magic.

For example ...

Shortly after Stay Puft/ Gozer is destroyed, they show the guys covered in marshmallow goo. Except Peter, who happens to have virtually nothing on him. Well behind the scenes, Bill kept reacting to the mixture and breaking out, so they just put enough on his suit. When you watch the movie though, it totally looks like he ran and bailed, thus playing into his character.

Early on in the movie, a bookshelf falls and the guys react to it comically and continue the shot. That was an accident and not supposed to happen.

There were lots of little magic moments like those that kept on happening to really make the OG one of a kind.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Not sure why a second thread was made but could someone please merge the two?
    Don't be surprised if someone creates a third thread. I had no interest in the 2016 movie but I might check this one out.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    GB2 was good till the 3rd act when it totally became GB1 in new clothes.

If you ever read the OG GB2 script, you'll be mad that Sony changed a lot of it. The 3 biggest changes being the Egon/Janine romance, Janine/Dana/Luis saving the guys in the end, and the slime being green.
    Okay, NOW I'm mad! That I wanna see!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Okay, NOW I'm mad! That I wanna see!
    Two other things changed were the team was going to be a franchise called Ghostbusters Inc, with locations all around the world, highly profitable, and they were now in a high-rise in NY. And there was going to be a different love interest for Peter. They also deemed the idea of a horde of bugs and rodents instead of the slime being too scary. I think at one point Vigo used the Statue of Liberty for evil, too. Complete with throwing the torch at the guys, making it seem like they're dead after they finally stop Vigo.

They also played around with the idea of the second movie beginning right when the first one ended.

They kept trying to submit movie names and ideas based around "The Last of the Ghostbusters" because they didn't want to be on the hook to get everyone back for a third one. Then they tired ideas involving "passing the torch" but the execs kept killing them.

But they kicked around the idea of Janine and later adding Luis and Dana coming to the guys rescue because Ivan & Dan liked the idea of expanding the team and taking a new direction for another movie, revolved around Dana/Winston/Luis/Janine/Ray training new recruits for Ghostbusters Inc.

And GBII had a lot left on the cutting room floor we've yet to see. Louis Tully trying out to become one of the Ghostbusters, 2 scenes where he tries to capture Slimer, another scene had Ray possessed by the Vigo after the Ecto 1 chase where the gang mood-slime him and learn that works, a subway scene that featured the Frog Ghost, Eugene Levy as Louis’ cousin Sherman, the mayor screaming "WE JUST HAD HER RESTORED" when the boys bring Lady Liberty on shore, and the full ghost jogger scene is run like a bust, not shoved into the montage.

It's kinda like finding out the Ewoks were supposed to be Wookiees in RotJ.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-17-2019 at 11:28 AM.

It's kinda like finding out the Ewoks were supposed to be Wookiees in RotJ.
    This used to really burn my biscuit, but its probably for the best that we didn't have a film where hundreds of stormtroopers get their arms and legs ripped off.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This used to really burn my biscuit, but its probably for the best that we didn't have a film where hundreds of stormtroopers get their arms and legs ripped off.
    That would've been so effin' cool, though!

*WWWaaaaAaAAAAAAArRRrrrrrrGGGggggHhhHHhH*

Some updates:

- An entertainment blogger added to the Variety article, noting that a Reitman and Kenan scripted film called Rust City has a feature film production notice out in an LA trade magazine, and is due to begin filming in a few months. The Duffer brothers met with Ghost Corps for another reason.

- Ernie Hudson confirmed he and surviving co-stars Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray will reprise their roles in third film installment.

- A source also revealed Aykroyd is the driving force behind the project and has completed a script but Reitman and Kenan are reworking it.

- Confirmed they're looking to cast teenagers as the new Ghostbusters.

- 'Sony have the premise and idea, but obviously for them it is a gamble after the disaster of the female reboot,' the source said

So the Ewoks were basically pygmy Wookiees?

- Ernie Hudson confirmed he and surviving co-stars Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray will reprise their roles in third film installment.
    Sweet merciful crap. Though even then, we don't know how big their roles would be and actors tend to self-promote if possible.

Still, even if Bill Murray phones this one in, that's still much better than no Bill Murray at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Sweet merciful crap. Though even then, we don't know how big their roles would be and actors tend to self-promote if possible.

Still, even if Bill Murray phones this one in, that's still much better than no Bill Murray at all.
    I wonder if they can get Sigourney Weaver? She had a cameo in GB 2016. Actually they all had a cameo in GB 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I wonder if they can get Sigourney Weaver? She had a cameo in GB 2016. Actually they all had a cameo in GB 2016.
    I imagine Peter & Dana will be in the film very minimally, perhaps even just as a cameo, if at all, and anybody else like Winston, Janine, & Ray would be in supporting roles to the new main cast of teenagers.

I doubt Bill would do more than that but you never know.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-17-2019 at 04:29 PM.

More details from the Hudson interview:

- Both he and Dan are back, Bill is 50/50 at best.
    - 1 boy is cast, 2-3 people are in consideration for the second new GB, and 4-5 girls are vying for the 2 girl spots.
    - Yes, the new cast will be teenagers.
    - Rumor is 1 of the new GBs is related to some old characters (no, not Oscar), with talk about her being Spenlger's child.

Some outlets ran with his quote of the boys are back minus the no Bill part.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-17-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Some updates:

- An entertainment blogger added to the Variety article, noting that a Reitman and Kenan scripted film called Rust City has a feature film production notice out in an LA trade magazine, and is due to begin filming in a few months. The Duffer brothers met with Ghost Corps for another reason.
    Not sure what to make of this.

This makes me happy!

- A source also revealed Aykroyd is the driving force behind the project and has completed a script but Reitman and Kenan are reworking it.
    This makes me a little sad I guess. In some ways, Nothing But Trouble is a classic. Penis nose!

- Confirmed they're looking to cast teenagers as the new Ghostbusters.
    This makes me happy!

- 'Sony have the premise and idea, but obviously for them it is a gamble after the disaster of the female reboot,' the source said
    Meh, I'm not worried. Sony gambles on stuff, or we wouldn't have even had a Venom film.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.