Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Should They Give WW Her Pre New 52 Look Back?

Since both Superman and Batman got their pre N52 costumes back, should they give Diana her original costume back?

I see no reason for it to return given the current costume is well liked just fine.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-15-2019 at 11:24 PM.

It's not like her current costume is New 52 anyway. It should either be classified as the movie costume or the Rebirth costume. The costume in New 52 that Chiang used was very much the classic 70s swimsuit.

And no.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I see no reason for it to return given the current costume is well liked just fine.
    Have you seen or taken a poll, or is this just anecdotal evidence?

Because I am not much of a fan of the New52 or movie version of her costume.

I wouldn't care if they did but she really has no old part of her look that comic folk just can't let go of like the trunks on Superman and Batman. She's had multiple incarnations to how the bottom-half of her attire looked before, from long shorts, to short shorts, to bikini, to skirt. The bikini is probably the most classic, but again there's still been more than one alternative throughout the years. Unlike Superman and Batman who just have trunks and trunkless, and the trunks have dominated the time with trunkless designs still being very recent comparatively.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It's too soon right now, but give it a few more years and people will probably become bored with the Xena suit.

Incredible Member

Nope. I still want Wonder Woman to have an even MORE practical-looking costume!

So, I'm definitely not keen to see Diana return to wearing a tiny one-piece swimsuit (unless DC Comics imposed strict guidelines on how Wonder Woman was to be portrayed, for example, the panties are not a thong, the bodice is not 10 sizes too small, Diana's head shouldn't be smaller than each of her breasts, Diana's waist should be the same thickness as her bicep, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

I didn't say every body liked it. I said it was well liked just fine.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd be fine if they did, but also fine if they don't. I think it will come back in some capacity eventually, maybe even in part due to a dubious nostalgia driven creative decision, but the new costume still makes her recognizable and is successful, so why screw around with success?

I like the old costume and think of that as the definite default if we can't get an update that works. It just so happens that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

They've experimented with giving her new costumes before and they typically do not last very long. The fact that this one is still around and not going away any time soon is a strong indicator that it is well liked and satisfies the greatest number of people.

Superman's trunks came back. There is no similar outcry for the bathing suit or else we'd see it sooner rather than later.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

If you mean mini skirt with stars, then maybe but the swimwear. No!

No, it wasn't really necessary with the other two