Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sure. But it seems like some people seem to be suggesting that it's unfair that society frowns on men who use their size advantage against women?
    That's a creative interpretation of what people actually said when they seem to be more saying that nobody should be able to get away with hitting anybody and that being bigger should not give someone smaller the right to use you as a punching bag free of charge (and charges).
    Power with Girl is better.

Are some of you living in some kind of bizarre world where women would go around slapping everyone in sight or something?

Or is that just an another case of privileged grown ass men whining for nothing? Yeah, there are a couple of rules you would expect people to know about, don't hit a woman, don't make fun of a child in a wheelchair, remove your pants before taking a ****. You know, the stuff your mamma told you about.

Women have some very little privileges like that, yes, sorry if that bothers you. Small trade if you ask me considering all the crap they have to go through every single damn day just for being a woman.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's a creative interpretation of what people actually said when they seem to be more saying that nobody should be able to get away with hitting anybody and that being bigger should not give someone smaller the right to use you as a punching bag free of charge (and charges).
    And how often are smaller people ( women) using larger people ( men) as punching bags and getting away with it verses how often men abuse women? I mean I know full well it happens ( I can point to examples in my own life), and think of how men are reluctant to report cases of domestic abuse against them and how such charges are often poo pooed. But I don't think this is some great societal advantage that women have over men that they exploit and us men are powerless to ever defend ourselves.

BANNED

Sure. But it seems like some people seem to be suggesting that it's unfair that society frowns on men who use their size advantage against women?
    Hard to reply to something said about something that no one has said...

My point was, instead of contextualizing the conversation to spin it any number of ways people can to benefit their argument (“she can’t hurt him”, “men are stronger so a man hitting a woman is different”), why don’t we just go the fair route and say “hitting people is bad” and change how we talk about things?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Hard to reply to something said about something that no one has said...

My point was, instead of contextualizing the conversation to spin it any number of ways people can to benefit their argument (“she can’t hurt him”, “men are stronger so a man hitting a woman is different”), why don’t we just go the fair route and say “hitting people is bad” and change how we talk about things?
    No one has said it outright, but I think it's heavily implied in a couple of posts...

And I actually do agree with your overall point.

And how often are smaller people ( women) using larger people ( men) as punching bags and getting away with it verses how often men abuse women? I mean I know full well it happens ( I can point to examples in my own life), and think of how men are reluctant to report cases of domestic abuse against them and how such charges are often poo pooed. But I don't think this is some great societal advantage that women have over men that they exploit and us men are powerless to ever defend ourselves.
    But I'm not defending abuse of women by men. You seem to be saying that it women slapping men or hitting them shouldn't be addressed because it doesn't happen nearly as often. Nor did I say it was some great societal advantage that happens all the time. I said it was a double standard.

My father went through a time when he abused my mother. Hell, he psychologically abused her constantly and everybody else to cover for his own feelings of inadequacy. Yes it happens vastly more often. When I was old enough to physically resist him and actually stopped him from abusing her, he acted like neither I nor anyone had the right to stop him from doing what he wanted with his wife and tried to push me out of the way. I slammed him into the wall and he suddenly got really apologetic when he realized I was now big enough that I could stop him. Basically, a bully suddenly wanting to resort to reason when he realizes that brute force isn't going to work.

Just saying that it's not acceptable no matter who does it.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 01-23-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Are some of you living in some kind of bizarre world where women would go around slapping everyone in sight or something?

Or is that just an another case of privileged grown ass men whining for nothing? Yeah, there are a couple of rules you would expect people to know about, don't hit a woman, don't make fun of a child in a wheelchair, remove your pants before taking a ****. You know, the stuff your mamma told you about.

Women have some very little privileges like that, yes, sorry if that bothers you. Small trade if you ask me considering all the crap they have to go through every single damn day just for being a woman.
    Translation: Dare say a single word about any wrong committed by anyone else and you're just a privileged white guy who obviously doesn't see that there are wrongs in the world far more prolific.

How about just trying to stop all abuse rather than justifying some of it because it's less prolific?

Abuse of women is rampant but only a knuckle-dragging neanderthal trying to compensate for his own inadequacies (see my previous post) is going to try to justify it. This is just one thread pointing out a socially acceptable form of abuse.

Translation: Dare say a single word about any wrong committed by anyone else and you're just a privileged white guy who obviously doesn't see that there are wrongs in the world far more prolific.

How about just trying to stop all abuse rather than justifying some of it because it's less prolific?

Abuse of women is rampant but only a knuckle-dragging neanderthal trying to compensate for his own inadequacies (see my previous post) is going to try to justify it. This is just one thread pointing out a socially acceptable form of abuse.
    problem is that the people who point out the double-standard are usually not smart/aware enough to include the disclaimer that they aren't attempting to justify abuse against women. same with people who scream loudly about reverse racism or race swapping in movies. it speaks to a lack of self-awareness.

Invincible Member

But I'm not defending abuse of women by men. You seem to be saying that it women slapping men or hitting them shouldn't be addressed because it doesn't happen nearly as often. Nor did I say it was some great societal advantage that happens all the time. I said it was a double standard.

My father went through a time when he abused my mother. Hell, he psychologically abused her constantly and everybody else to cover for his own feelings of inadequacy. Yes it happens vastly more often. When I was old enough to physically resist him and actually stopped him from abusing her, he acted like neither I nor anyone had the right to stop him from doing what he wanted with his wife and tried to push me out of the way. I slammed him into the wall and he suddenly got really apologetic when he realized I was now big enough that I could stop him. Basically, a bully suddenly wanting to resort to reason when he realizes that brute force isn't going to work.

Just saying that it's not acceptable no matter who does it.
    I know you weren't defending men abusing women and I agree that abuse shouldn't be acceptable whoever does it. But I wasn't saying that we shouldn't address women hitting men because the reverse is more common, it's more I was questioning the idea ( again not said by you) that women are able to do whatever they want these days including abuse people and men can't.

I know you weren't defending men abusing women and I agree that abuse shouldn't be acceptable whoever does it. But I wasn't saying that we shouldn't address women hitting men because the reverse is more common, it's more I was questioning the idea ( again not said by you) that women are able to do whatever they want these days including abuse people and men can't.
    I think there's more social awareness of both sides. And, yes, there are people who just harp on reverse sexism or reverse racism as an excuse for their own sexism and racism.

- Nomi(Polly)/Showgirls